Remove the 50 character limit

And now we have a new race/class.

And I’m out of room.

8 Likes

50 character limit is so 17 years ago.

7 Likes

I would pay an extra $5 per month for 50 more character slots.

7 Likes

Hey boo! There are more gnomes now :slight_smile: Sorry you got deleted but you look fine on the other account!

1 Like

It’s easy, man. You just do it. It takes like two days to hit level cap in this game. Leveling a joke.

I’m grateful that a member of the Community Council made a thread on the CC forums to bring up the idea of raising the character cap per account. You can see the post here:

You can give the post a like despite not being on the Community Council.

As I’ve said before, I’m dangerously close to the character cap and don’t want to delete any of my characters. At the same time, I don’t want to have to pay and manage for another account and its expansions just to have more. Speaking for myself, I would happily pay to get more character slots for my account. I love my characters and don’t want to delete anyone to make any new races or classes in the future.

If you can, please share the post I linked above to other people so we can show support for it! :smiley:

6 Likes

Let’s go Blizzard get us more character slots already!

4 Likes

I’d happily pay extra for a ‘premium’ account to increase the character cap. Juggling 2+ active accounts is annoying. I do it, but it’s annoying. if they upped the cap to 100, for example, I’d pay to transfer around 20 characters to my main account.

You can hoard names anyway. To stop that, they need to change those rules. Like, if a name is held on a level 1 it only lasts for a week (or less) before it can be claimed by someone else. Sure, some people would do the work to save the names but most would greatly reduce the names they’re sitting on. If the level 1 is active, e.g. a bank toon with time played, it could be safe, too.

It’s not just about levelling, so levelling and deletion is not a solution. It’s more about alt collecting, at least for me.

The game is old at this point. To a long-time altoholic, hitting character cap happens. I try to stay at 48 on my main account. Some expacs, a chunk of the limit is taken for whatever reason – for example, I’m an OCE player and a work friend wanted me to play in their OCE guild. I wound up levelling every class on that server during BfA; I like having all the options on any server I roll on :man_shrugging:t4:

That guy quit in SL but might come back for Dragonflight. They might need X class for M+ on a night that works for me. That might last 3 months until they quit and then come back in 2 years, who the hell knows, point is: I’m not deleting those toons :0

4 Likes

Will be #team160 come 10.0 with 10 new Drachrstyrywasaidkhowtospellit’s :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The 50 character cap doubles as a hard gold cap. So no one can get more than 1 billion gold. 10 million per toon and 10 million in a toons guild bank.

Raising that character cap means they have to seriously consider that.

I am for one surprised Blizzard has not done that yet

Feel like someone with that much gold isnt gonna be stopped by the character cap either, they can just use some of it for a token to open another account.

1 Like

I think 100 per server would be a fair compromise.

8 Likes

Upping the limit from 50 to 100 seems reasonable. Otherwise it’s a waste of space and resources. Also while blizzard is at it up the hunter stable from 200 to 250. I need more hunter stable space please!

6 Likes

Here to bump this post until they actually do it.

4 Likes

As someone who has a capped account full of level 50-60 characters, I still support this idea fully and I’m really hoping we hear something about it soon. The allied races were enough to make it needed. But now there’s a new CLASS. Please, Blizz!

4 Likes

. . . the ducks I allowed, but this . . . VILE NECROMANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeyea I kinda agree, would love to have more space . . . . and I’m not even at the account limit

1 Like

400 is more likely.
Your account can house up to 400 characters across eight accounts at the moment. Would be the best to make the 400 character-limit “account wide” at this point.

1 Like

Bump the gold cap up to 100m or 1b, please.

If you know what your doing, have heirlooms, and use a strategy it’s about 9 hours.
You can get it down to 4 apparently with exploi… err… creative mechanics.