Remove scaling in PvP.

11/01/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Perseus
11/01/2018 02:39 PMPosted by Kwashiorkor
So what you're saying is that *you* need the gear advantage to win?

You guys need to learn to read and not infer. I want an RPG to be an RPG. I spend time getting epic lootz, I get to smash stupid newb who has no lootz. I'm talking to a wall of morons.

Translation: "I need a gear advantage to win fights"
11/01/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Maladon
11/01/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Perseus

You guys need to learn to read and not infer. I want an RPG to be an RPG. I spend time getting epic lootz, I get to smash stupid newb who has no lootz. I'm talking to a wall of morons.

There should be a point to gearing. I can hit 1600 on a fresh toon. That is retarded.
11/01/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Perseus
11/01/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Maladon

There should be a point to gearing. I can hit 1600 on a fresh toon. That is retarded.

Gearing is for monster bashing nancy boys. Just fight.
11/01/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Maladon
11/01/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Perseus

I'm still doing RBGs and Arena... it'd be nice to go stack bodies in a random BG every once in a while just for the lulz. If you have ever had a smurf account on Counter-Strike, you'll understand that sometimes it's just good fun to go smack idiots around.
Umm, if you are 370+ you ought to be doing fine in PvP. If you aren't, just accept you are terrible at PvP.

[edit] You're close enough, so you must be pretty damn bad if you want "scaling" to go away.
11/01/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Utterly
Umm, if you are 370+ you ought to be doing fine in PvP. If you aren't, just accept you are terrible at PvP.

[edit] You're close enough, so you must be pretty damn bad if you want "scaling" to go away.

Another one. Keep it going, friends. Tell me I'm bad some more instead of acknowledging the fun of ganking.
Seems a lot of the PvE'ers here like scaling. So maybe they should treat dungeons and raids the same way. Scale everyone to be the same in whatever instance they zone into regardless of ilvl.

This could even solve the problem of players not being able to get into mythic groups because of their ilvl! Seems Fair. If pvp'ers don't need progression through gear then neither do pve'ers.
Maybe it's just me, but i can still tell who's got better gear by how much they can heal, how much damage they can crank out and just how damned hard they are to kill. I know there's scaling, but it's certainly not completely even across the board.
11/01/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Ceryshen
Seems a lot of the PvE'ers here like scaling. So maybe they should treat dungeons and raids the same way. Scale everyone to be the same in whatever instance they zone into regardless of ilvl.

This could even solve the problem of players not being able to get into mythic groups because of their ilvl! Seems Fair. If pvp'ers don't need progression through gear then neither do pve'ers.

Right?

"You didn't out dps/heal this player? Must be because you're bad"
I used to take multiple toons each season and spam random battlegrounds to gear them up. It was a lot of fun. Now I don't even bring my main through there, because there is no point.

I'm not going to spam 30 battleground per character to maybe get a chance of gear, to get kind sorts ahead. It's not worth the time or effort, and I'm not doing something, for nothing. I don't like this new system at all.
11/01/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Perseus
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I'm still doing RBGs and Arena... it'd be nice to go stack bodies in a random BG every once in a while just for the lulz. If you have ever had a smurf account on Counter-Strike, you'll understand that sometimes it's just good fun to go smack idiots around.

Why would I go "smack idiots around" if I could find a competitive fight instead?
Bring back Ashran massive amounts of honor pvp gearing.
11/01/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Perseus
11/01/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Soulofursoc
Um, lol. Looking at your achievements. How did you get up to an ilvl that high yet only are at honor level 19?

Zero raid history, not even LFR.

Sounds like you just want guaranteed easier ganking.

I got my gear by PvPing. Honor levels were introduced during an expansion that I did not play. You are a shining example of hurr durr mentality.

And yes, I stated from the very first post that scaling makes getting gear pointless because there is no gank.

And you're still only at honor level 19. How did that happen?
11/01/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Soulofursoc

Er, read a page or two back. He skipped Legion. He wasn't around when Honor Levels were around.
11/01/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Soulofursoc
11/01/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Perseus
I got my gear by PvPing. Honor levels were introduced during an expansion that I did not play. You are a shining example of hurr durr mentality.

And yes, I stated from the very first post that scaling makes getting gear pointless because there is no gank.

My dude... You literally quoted me saying I didn't play an entire expansion (not to mention most of WoD). Honorable kills didn't become honor levels when I resubbed after a few years of inactivity.
I wish they scaled pvp for all levels, where you get 10% bonus damage per 10 levels, so a 120 gets a 100% bonus damage over a level 20, but the level 20 isn't useless. Gear scaling would make it interesting.
11/01/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Veque
Have old system -> complain about imbalance
Have new system -> complain about how boring balance is
????

You dont know what you are talking about. I know that because you are mixing 2 completely different things.

Balance it's the tunning between all classes and specs to be "equally good" in a standard environment. At least the best you can, knowing that some classes will be better at different situations.

The fact that a high-geared player 1-shot a low-geared player IS NOT imbalance. That's the natural course of the power gains related to equipment and gear aquired. In other words, that IS BALANCE because it's an equality of opportunities, not in outcome.

What we have now IS NOT balance because some specs are just trash. So much that you dont see them a lot in PvP at all. I've played about 370 rated matches this season and there's specs that I've almost never seen, like DK, Elemental Shamans, Warlocks, Shadow Priests and many other.

Balance is about a starting playfield where everyone has a viable good class. Not a system that negates the benefits of the gear you have earned to artificially make you do less damage to low gear players.

And to the people saying "What if I dont want to do PvP and not PvE?" Well, I have 2 answers:
1- Too bad, the game is made as a whole, not as a special thing for people who only wants to do 1 things. Gear came from dungeons.
2- You should have PvP Vendors. You are earning Conquest Points in vain and you cant use them. People should be able to buy gear with that currency according to their rates or something like that. I think we all agree on that.

The current system is constructed to please bad players. Period.
First they have to explain it... I still don't get it.

How can I determine if I like it or not if I have no idea WTF it is actually doing/ not doing?
11/01/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Perseus
Scaling and RNG boxes. Low effort, crap gameplay.

Bingo

BFA has abnormal scaling in WPVP and WPVE due to azerite gear for level 110 and 111 players. along with the ability to easily farm azurite neck higher, there are 110-111 right now with necks at high 20’s to 30, and with the next patch based on your 120, your lower level neck will be boosted as high as 45 account wide.

problem with scaling way greater than in legion where the 101 twink with basicly level 110 BOEs flagged for min level equip 101, two legendaries, and art wpn. the art wpn was hard to load up with AP. 101’s were powerful in dungeons and WPVE, but not in WPVP to the point they dropped 110’s maxed out like 110-111’s can do in BFA.

i’m on a server that has been FULL extreme population for years, trade chat says alot of what is going on.

legion - saw 101’s posting services, boosts thru normal dungeons

BFA - see 110-111’s posting services for boosting island expeditions, but what is bizarre 120’s in trade asking/buying 110-111 twink boosts on island expeditions.

so i inquired about this, was referred to some youtube links, and imo this is ridiculous scaling, when a 120 can stay on the boat, a 110-111 full pulls all and done in 4-6 minutes.

all of this i find seriously flawed that this happened, accepted or is allowed to occur.