Remove Rain From Above from the game

There is nothing fun nor engaging about this ability, it can’t be counted in any way, and it doesn’t have any value to the game in any sense whatsoever.

It’s frustrating and impossible for anyone Melee based to deal with, and it has no counter play. Remove it, remove it, adfhaskl;dfhaskjdfhsadf; Who the hell thought this was a good idea for a PVP SKILL FFS.

5 Likes

Time your stormbolt as he goes up. When storm bolt ends, hit spell reflect. Laugh at him when he lands.

9 Likes

So you’re saying use an ability with a 20 yard range on a target 30-40 yards up?

1 Like

Looks like he means for you to catch them mid lift-off…before they get beyond your range.

3 Likes

Death Knight can yank Demon Hunter out of the air with Death Grip and Druid can Yank them out the air if they time there Ursol’s Vortex. So there is counter play.

Also smoke bomb now they cant touch me while they’re in the air. Lots of counter play actually.

3 Likes

I can try that maybe in a duel, but in a BG or an arena where they just casually jump up and do that while I’m stunned or trying to not get LoS’d it’s kind of impossible.

Only they can’t. I’ve tried gripping them on my DK. It doesn’t work. Also, your smoke bomb is YOUR class ability specifically, and anyone playing rogue who says -they- have counterplay needs to stop drinking so much.

You guys have been Blizzard’s baby since vanilla because of class population. Shut up.

1 Like

Well I’ve personally been yanked out of the air by both of those attacks. Gotta catch them before they get to far off the ground. All about timing.

1 Like

Yes they can. I’ve been gripped immediately back down several times.

5 Likes

Ill just ignore your insults and chalk it up as “UR BAD” “L2P”

No one wants to hear your complaints.

7 Likes

That still says 0 about actually making the ability fair considering it does more damage in the span of being in flight than I can burst with full cooldowns popped on a stun target.

If all it did was let you throw out little fireballs that didn’t nuke people for huge amounts, that’s one thing. If you out dps a geared dps class, that’s another issue entirely.

Maybe it says more about how trash warriors are this expac, but it could be both ways. I lean toward nerf whats broken over buff what isn’t, cause then everyone complains about “WELL X GOT THIS SO WHY CAN’T WE GET Y”

Is this not exactly what you’re doing? :thinking:

1 Like

DH is about as mongo as it gets. I’m not defending the class. You passively heal by doing damage and spamming strafe on the keyboard. There isn’t decision making on spending a global to do damage or heal.

However, you are only honor level 5. Just play the game more and you will see there are things you can still do to counter. Spell reflect hard counters rain from above. If you time a stormbolt as they go up and spell reflect as soon as they come out of the stun, you completely shut down their out. If those spells are on cd for you then heroic leap somewhere to get out of los.

10 Likes

When a DH flies in the air when fighting with me , free hits for me :joy:

Most the time his dead body lands on the ground .

I always wonder when DH’s try that move with casters

7 Likes

Yeah I honestly have no idea why that ability is in the game. It’s super dumb, they just die up there.

1 Like

F off with the quoting on honor level, I’ve played hardcore PvP way before it ever existed.

I mean it’s very situational. I was doing some arenas with a buddy of mine against Ret/WW and they CCd my friend and started popping everything on me. So what do I do? I Rain from Above. Silly inferior melee.

Please don’t remove. It gives me great pleasure watching dead blood elves drop from the sky.

6 Likes

Don’t be so defensive. Honor level is hardly “hardcore”. It’s just a lame participation metric, but it does affect the matchmaking system and who you are grouped with.

2 Likes

Its yet another stupid arbitrary measurement for people to judge you.

Its like the new .io BS or old gearscore. I hate things that give more ways to be judged by people who make up these metrics. “Oh, you’re not X rank of this NEW CUTTING EDGE SCALE THAT I MADE UP? You’re not good enough.”

DHs came out the same time honor levels did. You’re account wide at 5. Your experience fighting DHs in pvp is fairly limited wouldn’t you agree? There are several suggestions in this thread yet you get defensive.

“I don’t know how to deal with x so remove it from the game.”

5 Likes