Remove PvP iLvL reward upgrades from 2v2

We all know 2v2 is broken. No one ever claimed it was a fair fight in that bracket, or even pretty.

They took away elite rewards and privilege’s from 2v2 bracket before.

So why now in shadowlands can players get elite rewards from a rating threshold in 2v2 again?!

We all see these cheese mechanics that players use, to 1 shot people. But more importantly, we all still see the people selling or buying 2v2 carries in trade chat within Oribos.

So what’s the problem, why do I care?

There is a huge gap, and disparity between gear, stats and iLvl upgrades. It’s not easy to progress much after a certain iLvL unless you reach the next threshold, and in PvP that’s attained by CR.

If you don’t believe me that gear makes a huge difference, even just a few item levels. Ask anyone who has played this game longer than a week. 1% in any can cost you the game.

1800 CR grants heroic iLvl equivalent pvp upgrades. Being able to attain that from 2v2, that’s what’s unacceptable. There is very minimal effort in queueing 2v2, compared to other aspects of the game.

2v2 Should not grant iLvl upgrade rewards. Period.

2 Likes

why do you care?

31 Likes

So looking at your DH profile I noticed you’re 1814 in 2v2. Grats on your CR. I bet you played some form of DBL DPS comp right, that probably didn’t require much coordination or management of CC’s to get a kill. I bet your plan was mostly just rush in and kill whoever within seconds of all your cd’s being popped. I say this because your 3v3 rating is 1600’s so clearly, you’re not elite or above average in any way. But I digress.

The main point is, it doesn’t make sense, and it’s not right to allow players like yourself to gain upgraded rewards from a broken, skirmish bracket.

They took away glad rewards, title mounts, etc from 2v2 bracket YEARS AGO BECAUSE OF THIS EXACT REASON, 2v2 is not a great representation of the actual PvP within WoW.

This bracket is exclusively for 1 shot comps, no skill mechanincs, all in one macros that have all non gcd, cd’s popping off at once (F.E Boomkin Druid with trinkets, convoke, Mass entangling roots, Solar beam, Warrior of Elune ALL OFF GCD) just to kill a player in full versatility set within a second.

LIke cool, you can cheese players because the game is in a ridiculous state atm for pvp.

It makes the rewards for everyone else feel like it’s not even worth it, the system doesn’t balance itself out as other gear up, because the cheese players are ahead or staying par for par.

Like why is this acceptable, to be able to just gain the best rewards from a broken bracket.

Should PvP iLvl upgrade rewards from CR, not be exclusive to only RBG’s and 3v3???

3 Likes

The only bracket im playing right now in 2s. Legitimately cannot stand 3v3 and RBG groups don’t invite resto druids.
Real answer is 2v2 is by far the most played bracket in the game. Always has been, always will be. It’s the most accessible and easiest to understand bracket.
Also the bracket isn’t “all one shot comps” I’m playing 2400mmr right now on rdruid and its a lot of ww/hpal, war/hpal with the peppered in double DPS.

10 Likes

Oh and 3s isn’t? Come on now don’t make a fool out of yourself.

10 Likes

You realize RBG rating is just as free right?

Who cares if people get free gear in a broken bracket, specially since every form of content is broken in some way right now. Try to get invited to a +15 key as a melee, for example.

Only form of content where balance seem “ok” is raiding.

3 Likes

I play both this Rdruid and a Hpal.

I leveled and geared my Hpal because of that exact reason. Druids feel inferior, with the current meta. The healing potential is there, with cc management and cd’s, but comparing current burst windows from players to the potential for burst healing, and then add in dampening…

We’re talking about players like yourself who ONLY play one aspect of PvP, and of course it being the most easiest to queue into, the easiest to cheese other players with one shot mechanics, and this is allowing you to gear up to heroic / mythic level rewards??? What?!?!

They took away the rewards, titles for that bracket years ago because it’s broken. Why now is it acceptable to only play that bracket and gear up…

Remove upgrade from 2s, will just cause dwindling population to go even lower. Doesnt solve any balance issue, and no one wanna plays 3s

3 Likes

no one wants to play 3v3, because people who are cheesing 2v2 for GEAR are the same rats in 3v3 1500 brackets… Because they don’t have the skill, ability to manage cc’s and cd’s to win. Their cheese mechanics fall off in 3v3, thus leaving everyone else in the same mosh pit ladder, due to lack of gear. Ultimately creating a ladder that feels impossible to progress out of despite all odds.

Stop allowing these goons to gear up to heroic / mythic level rewards from 2v2 bracket and you will begin to see an adjustment for the other aspects of PvP.

Not really, people just run mythic plus instead. Do you remmeber they removed gear for pvp in legion and what happened. It been done before, it did not work

30+ mins in a mythic keystone at a high level that has now an incredibly reduced drop rate for gear at the end of the run. Not including the time to find a group and get the group together, compared to two OP classes cheesing players in a 10 second 2v2 match because of the outrageous burst potential…

hmmm…

the scale on this one seems to be off…

Mythic plus is easy mode… You just need done a single plus 5 to get 210 in valut. It is so much harder to get 1600 in 2s.

3 Likes

I disagree.

Two players can queue 2s back to back constantly, and if their classes have any synnergy capability, and they aren’t complete idiots (most people have knowledge of pvp in 2021, thanks internet and streamers and resources available) They can now, use their synnergy, cheese mechanics and maybe a stun to then kill a player in dampening within 10 seconds if that. Do that 10 or 15 times, within just an hour max and you’re facing 1500-1600. Play all day and I imagine the same players if they’re decent can knock 1800-2kish Mage Rogues do it all the time. But now we’re seeing more than just mage rogues. We’re seeing SP/Mage, DBL Melee, WW/RET, etc all climbing mad easy for the highest rewards??? What?!

Take most burst instant spells of GCD (convoke mass entangling roots, solar beam, warrior of elune just to name a few), take away ilvl upgrades from 2v2 CR and watch the pvp come back to life again.

Posts like these are so cringe

10 Likes

2s are arguably the most diverse they have ever been at high rating. Only thing that is missing that is usually up here is DK/Healer and thats really just cause DK gets owned by warrior and WW which are both nutty right now.

cringe?

Naw what’s cringe is, you’re 1700 in 2s, 1800 in 3s but looking at your profile you have never done any other content in the game.

PvE hasnt interested me in years.

This post just comes across as you’re mad youre hard stuck 1400 and can’t time keys over 6 so you think other people shouldn’t have things you can achieve. Pretty sad my dude.

11 Likes

PvE is the only thing interesting this expansion.

PvP is completely broken and just shows how lopsided the balance is.

Certain healers are completely blackballed from listings, meanwhile others can just cheese their way to great rewards.

I q with r druids in 2s. The spec isn’t holding you back. You have a terrible attitude.

10 Likes

Yeah, being 1400 sucks. I blame it on the fact this game requires you to be fully engaged with a network and group constantly to progress, as well as playing the perfect comps, specs, cookie cutter covenant and soul bind builds, as well as studying streamers. Not to mention if you play the wrong class, good luck you need to go reroll and spend all your time and effort ALL OVER AGAIN. Ha timegates are cool.

I don’t have time for that bs.

I queue 2s because its quick and fast, I can pug easily as a healer.

Ive played since TBC, played classic, played every expansion this game has offered. Got 2500+ as a frost mage facing beast cleaves in wrath, fighting in 3s as RMP. Unfortunately I never got glad, who cares, I dont’.

The truth is yeah, 1400-1500 blows to be in. But you’re not a God or elite by any means if you think your 1700 and 1800 are far superior to anyone lower. You’re like 3 games shy of being reduced back down to the same brackets Im currently in. So how about take the chip off your shoulder, bucko.

Im sure if play my hpal 24/7, and play all the right specs, builds, soul binds, and then play with the same 2 players constantly day in and day out, as we study and use every available resource to get better, I too could climb the ratings.

The concern isn’t that. The players who do that, who play like that, who have the connections to other great players, that then make up their team(s) they play in. They deserve the rewards. They obviously have it figured out. They have a plan, a goal. That’s not the average wow playerbase though.

Most players who queue 2v2 don’t have that connection, they PUG and list in LFG.

The fact you can cheese as dbl dps to 1800+ or even BUY CARRIES in a bracket meant for skirmish purposes, to me that’s absurd.

Make rewards exclusive to 3v3 and RBG’s and Great Vault only.

1 Like