Remove or Restrict "Bioluminescent" From The Game

I have no doubt, but it does break immersion in the way blizz claims holiday mogs would.

2 Likes

I have the sense that the phrase “break immersion” is extremely fluid based on the whims of someone in the corporate food chain.

:cookie:

7 Likes

how do you know what i do or how i play the game? lol

just cuz you disagree with me doesn’t mean you have to e-stalk me and then be abusive on the forums. just a little creepy (especially seeing as you have a private profile yourself).

it’s all going to be okay friend, take a breather :revolving_hearts: you can disagree all you want, but my point still stands. i’m sorry your eyes hurt when i use my bioluminecent toy

EDIT: Oh you’re mad i said your idea was bad. :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

I would suggest making a ticket and bringing it up with customer service. Perhaps they can develop a toggle for people like you. Triggering a seizure seems like something they would like to avoid.

2 Likes

Customer Service as far as I’m aware would have no sway over such a thing, that would be Developers that would have to change the toy or create a function. Which, the only way to talk to/at Devs is here on GD or through in-game submit suggestions. These posts go back years, so clearly that’s never been taken seriously.

Probably because of all the people arguing for ‘their right to annoy/ruin other peoples gameplay experience’ as part of their fun.

We really have reached the point where people are asking them to nerf fun toys, huh.

5 Likes

There is also a suggestion button you can implement ideas you can use as well. Over the years you throw some in there. Some may come through. It’s like a suggestion box. Some I have seen over the years like new mount models.

Keep killing the game from the inside, and keep up the good work.

5 Likes

Hopefully a blue comes along for your post. If it is causing issues, move this to customer support mon! no one should suffer while playing a game, also go to your interface, there should be options there for color or sight seeing problems.

2 Likes

Yeah, ideally something that wouldn’t affect other people.

2 Likes

Yes, I mentioned that…

GMs/CS will direct you to do that, and to post in the GD forums.

Toys are so restricted already please don’t restrict them even more. You should be asking for the option to disable the light effects, not ruining the toy.

13 Likes

If the point of the toy is to annoy other people with brightness via stacking… Then should that toy even exist?

That isn’t the point of the toy. I’ve never encountered what the OP or you are talking about. I use this toy randomly in downtime in a raid or group and it seems to be fine with everyone.

Like I said, an option to remove the light effects from other players should resolve the issue you seem to be having.

3 Likes

It isn’t really e-stalking when we can see your realm from just hovering over your name with our mouse cursors in this very thread.

7 Likes

I was providing this as an alternative to zone locking toys so no one can enjoy them.

By making them party/raid locked you and your friends can enjoy toys and all you want without disrupting people outside of your group. This would also help with problems that used to occur in ashran where people wouldn’t lag zones by spamming toys.

Instead of personally attacking me why don’t you try to rub your braincells together and figure out another solution that doesn’t harm people with disabilities or roleplayers?

:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart: /returnofpassiveaggresivexoxos.

How is a light source immersion breaking? You playing in a world that has time traveling orcs, motorcycles made of garbage, and people that can summon the elements with finger twirls. I don’t think a mysterious glow is off the table.

1 Like

It usually seems to be a control issue. Like, somebody isn’t happy that another player is able to drop a light source on the ground, as it affects them, and they can’t turn it off.

1 Like

Wouldn’t spell effects bother them too? Boomies and priests summon all sorts of flashing, bright lights.

5 Likes

It’s a BlizzCon reward. BlizzCon attendees and people who stream it are special. :slight_smile:

1 Like