Removal of Brutosaur mount

Every player had the ability to easily make gold back in WOD. Those players, who earned a ton of gold in WOD, were the original target. The likely reason for removal is to boost token sales. There is no elitism to be found here. Although there is no problem with rewarding effort.

Many of us are same way Dirtydoper…but many of us are mount collectors too…myself I have over 407 usable mounts for this toon. I am a collector of many things…mounts…battle pets…fishing poles…many many things rare its what makes me happy in game.

The Long Boy should remain in game for others that couldn’t do what I had done before BfA went live…let those players work to gain the gold they need to buy the mount in the future past the next expansions…not push them into frustration and or force them to buy tokens to play catch up.

And I really not worried that I dropped 5 Million gold at beginning of BfA I planned on it when I heard about the mount…I pushed 15 at max level toons though Legion and WoD on mission boards and gained millions in gold along with rare Battle pet sales.

3 Likes

That was the yak, which was available in mists of pandaria.
So for big ticket items, the progression went like this:
BC - Epic Flying - 5k
WotLK - Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth - 20k (was as low as 14k with guild and rep discounts at the time)
Cata - Vial of the Sands - Cost varies. Minimum of 24k in vendor mats, plus an additional 12-24k in alchemy mats, dependent on server economy
MoP - Grand Expedition Yak - 120k (JC has mounts requiring large amounts of money to make, too, but only the Onyx one is comparable in cost to the yak)
WoD - (I don’t remember if WoD had a big ticket item… Hrm. Getting the Garrison maxed out and all the blueprints researched was pretty expensive, though)
Legion - Bloodfang Cocoon - 2 million
BFA - Brutosaur mount - 5 million (There are also numerous mounts costing anywhere from 70k to 333k to buy)

1 Like

Token buys and also some TCG sale get this stuff with ease.

The long boi can be yours for the low, low price of about 600USD!

(Converting WoW Tokens to gold at the current rate)

Or you could earn gold in game or not at all. It’s a free azeroth after all. People acting like they are forced to get it :roll_eyes:

That works too.

Gold can be exchanged for goods and services.

Roll a plate and get Shadowmourne, then sell the rewards from the Lich King.
Roll a mage and sell portals people seem to still need.
Pick up tailoring and sell bags.

Will these get you 5 mil by the time the mount goes away? Probably not but when you combine them together and maybe buy WoW Tokens you might be close.

Given that AHs only exist in main cities, having an on-demand, no cooldown, account-wide AH is a hugely useful thing to have.

Not at a 5 million gold price tag, and again. With alts, instant mailing, and tsm being accountwide you’re better off using a portable mailbox to mail to an AH alt. You save one minute of time, that’s it.

The uses of a mobile auction house are severely limited. If you knew anything about effective gold making or even observed people who do, you’d realize this is a pretty useless mount to the people who can actually afford it outside of being a wealth flex.

I don’t see how the price of something makes it less useful.

You’re either missing the point, or intentionally trying to avoid acknowledging it. Is it useful? In strict circumstances, but not abundantly useful.

Especially not at a 5 million gold price tag.

Get the alchemy tool of the trade.
Use it until you get potion of prosperity.
Craft potions.

1 Like

I’m not missing the point, you’re missing mine. You responded to me saying it’s useful by saying it’s not worth 5 million gold. That has no real bearing on it being useful.

Que “if you work hard you can get rich meme”

Lmao, hard work=/=rich
Rich=rich parents or benefactors

1 Like

That might be somewhat true for life but uhh, I don’t know about this scenario. Unless you’re telling me people inherit millions in wealth from their parents accounts after they quit.

It’s a pretty honest meme anyway. Work smart, be ambitious, live below your means. Nobody’s going to put extra money in your bank account just because you work 40 hours a week. But I digress.

What’s the difference between that and the brutosaur AH mount. if they both cost the same?

Edit:
Also, where do you find this “long boi”?

Ookay. Been there, done that. Bag full of pots that don’t sell even when I undercut by a lot. No, I’m not going to change servers, thanks.

1 Like

Yep, this is one of my two problems with it. The way they are handling it is terrible. The other problem I have is that this is the first vendor mount they will be removing, and all I can do is hope they never do that again.

3 Likes

They’re saying you can buy the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur with cash if you convert tokens to gold. “Long boi” is just some people’s term for the mount.

Im going to wait until the last possible second and buy it then. It’ll take the last of my WoD/Legion gold but I’m not going to need it for awhile, not until Shadowlands PF2 is available. I’ll hold one token to resub with. Odds are I won’t ever even use it, but I’ll have the option :grin:. :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

2 Likes