Reminder -- Silithus Stress Test Today at 3:00 p.m. PDT / 6:00 p.m. EDT

I’d wager your idiotic 30 instances per day brought more stress than you’ll get on PTR. Should have announced it inside the PTR for a stress test.

I don’t care for the 30 a day limit, what I care is that it does NOTHING to get rid of bots.

Just run a few bots and test it on your own.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the only comment he wants to respond to.

Probably had to look for quite awhile (through all the threads) before finding someone who was genuinely happy about some aspect of Classic WoW right now.

There would be more of those moments if the Classic WoW team engaged with the community more often.

They’ve ignored glaring issues with PvP in Classic WoW for months and it’s in bad shape. They’ve ignored people exploiting in PvP for months.

They’ve ignored players abusing pathing in dungeons to AoE farm/grind them for months.

They’ve ignored rampant botting for months. Botting that’s right out in the open…not even instanced botting but large chunks of gibberish named characters doing laps in mulgore exhibiting total bot-like behavior.

They’ve ignored players engaging in cross faction collusion to reset the Onyxia/Nefarian head in order to get more world buffs for months.

They’ve only acted to address severe population issues on servers when placed under duress by the WoW Classic Community. People basically screamed in their face for weeks that it was impossible to even play on their home server due to queues that were hours long. The server population issues could have been avoided at launch with better planning. The server populations also could have been addressed after launch, but they weren’t addressed after launch either.

There’s a sea of people who are frankly really angry and embittered by the fact that a company that used to be the #1 gaming company in the world now treats large swaths of its’ play base like gutter trash.

I can understand why the community manager is looking for a silver-lining, but I have less sympathy than I might otherwise have because the tone is so off.

When your stuff is on fire, you don’t pretend that it’s not. There’s a difference between being collected, and being oblivious to peril. The peril in this case is that a chunk of your subscriber base (who only came back to play Classic WoW) debate cancelling their subs. They wont cancel their subs because they can’t do 30 instances necessarily, but they will cancel because of Blizzard Entertainment’s overall pattern of behavior in handling Classic WoW.

What I’m seeing right now makes me think Diablo IV might not be a game I buy.
I could buy it when it comes out, and it might be a decent game…but I don’t know if I want to support a company like Blizzard Entertainment anymore by buying their games.

I didn’t buy Warcraft 3 Reforged, but I saw what happened with that product launch/relaunch and it was a disaster. I remember playing Diablo III and being really disappointed in the game itself, and even ticked when Jay Wilson (the game director for that game) ignored the communities feedback and criticism and basically opted to publicly dump on a former Blizzard North dev (who had made a better game and had created the foundation for the immense hype that preceded Diablo III).

I watched the Blizzcon where Jay Allen Brack got up and apologized to the community after Blitzchung was banned. It was a textbook ‘Apologizing because I’m socially expected to apologize for this and not because I’m actually sorry’.

That’s sums up the culture at Activision/Blizzard Entertainment right now.
They’ll mouth the words, but they don’t mean it.

3 Likes

I’ll pass lol

1 Like

Are you playing on Fairbanks now? That’s where most of us from FW are playing now. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry, I’m locked out of PTR.

1 Like

And you base this assumption off what?

the :clap: 30 :clap: limit :clap: Doesn’t :clap: stop :clap: bots :clap: 1 :clap: bit :clap:

2 Likes

Half the people on here complaining about the instance lock are either botters themselves or just like to jump on a band wagon for litteraly no reason

Thank you for using time terminology correctly!

PDT ftw :heart:

1 Like

refuse to help them test until they either remove the instance lock or at the VERY least explain why the players should be punished because of the bots.

3 Likes

Why? When your servers can’t handle it you’ll just add layering back.

why bother when you guys will just screw it up anyways, along with every thing else in classic. its a waste of time, the AQ event will be scuffed either way. Get your heads out of your rears already, a lot of the community isnt happy, theres no reason to go out of our way to help you stress test something when its clear you have repeatedly shown you dont care.

Messenger boy Kaivax, send that one to your higher ups.

2 Likes

If you were smart youd realize this doesnt nerf bots at all.

They’re not willing to help us but we should still help them? Remember not so long ago when they stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from the arena world championship thing?

what’s with the Wow community being so weak and wanting to help people even after they treat you like trash. is this common with all people these days or is it just wow players ?

1 Like

refuse to help until they apologize and revert the 30 instance lockout garbage.

2 Likes

There are more issues with 1 layer than just server stability, like HOW MANY MOBS ARE AVAILABLE, there is going to be SOOO many people trying to get the bug mount rep, there is going to be so many people trying to get some extra rep early on with the gate opening event and there is already no large wind stones up for the stupid population on the servers that you allowed.

hah people complain about this yet want tbc where that limit started existing great mindset right there (fyi the limit is not actually bad as people are makeing it out to be)

2 Likes

yeah 15000 people trying to get rep and stuff in 1 zone with no layers isnt going to be bad when there are no mobs around, the old servers had 2k people cap and I participated in that and that was bad enough. So you probably should not speak if you have no idea what you are talking about

Seeing as it is one of the only ones relative to the topic of the thread, I cannot blame him. Hopefully he and the staff start clobbering forum privileges.

I mean why should he entertain posters like this:

1 Like