Reminder - PvP Gearing

Just wanted to keep reminding you guys over there at blizzard that the 1 honor set, 1 conqueror set that scales is a VASTLY superior system to the one we have now.

Honor Set - Heroic Dungeon Base ilvl - Scales to Heroic Raid ilvl in PvP.
Conqueror Set - Mythic 0 Dungeon Base ilvl - Scales to Mythic Raid ilvl in PvP.

Full stat allocation (you can buy any 2 stat allocations you desire).

Its really not that difficult, and would go along way to promote Ranked and Unranked PvP integrity, lessen the burden on alt development, and would argue is what a majority of the actual pvp community wants.

Edit: Additionally, if you wanted to keep the upgrades in the game for a sense of progression, then just maybe increase the costs/thresholds and make the upgrades apply to base ilvl, and not PvP ilvl.

Thanks.

6 Likes

I just skip the honor set ngl

I support this as a player that loves random BGs and since shadowlands I have move away from playing much any battle grounds. This would ensure that I come back and play again.

To those that say well do rated and grind it, I dont enjoy rated bgs for a few reasons. Toxicity is the main reason, as I want to que and be in a game.

Anyways maybe ill go back to queing and now that I switched to alliance the que times will be way faster.

3 Likes

You might be less inclined to skip it if you don’t need honor to upgrade conq. Also if everyone is M Raid gear and you are a fresh 60, you might have a rough time. I usually farm 15k honor for 60 and buy what I can.

I have no idea what you just said

Don’t forget the 375 Conquest Boxes which drops the price for the stronger armor and weapons by a substantial amount.

you mean the one you do if you enjoy gambling? Enjoy rolling dupes? Enjoy rolling stats that are not synergistic to your class at all? I didn’t forget, it’s just trash. I get that it helps a little bit, but I would rather just 1 set honor, 1 set conq, set prices.

I take the risk because; regardless of the stats I get a piece of PvP gear that I do not have. if I get doubles, triples? Good, I can just sell those to a vendor.

I will agree with you, it is trash but if people want PvP ilvl and higher resilience than I will take the chance and roll.

It is what it is if I get pieces that I already have slotted. Like say for example my legendary belt. If I get another belt. I could save it for destro or affli.

I don’t know, I agree with you regardless about the trash system.

1 Like

exactly. stats aren’t always priority but you can get full conquest gear now in a week instead of waiting each week for 1 piece and that’s massive.

Are you then going to use that gear and upgrade it? Because if not its pretty wasteful, 10 pieces at 375 is 3,750 conq, assuming you roll the full 10 no dupes. that could be spent on like 4 pieces of gear you would upgrade. I don’t know, I used the box system on 1 alt but found it to in the medium term, be a complete waste of conquest.

regardless 1 set of each would be better than the boxes. but as of right now i upgrade it with my rating because 252 ilvl is better than 233 honor gear by a long shot. which i don’t upgrade my honor gear that often anymore so really it’s 252 vs 226 which at that point the stats don’t even matter to be better.

Yeah, I just can’t understand why for PvP specifically, we can’t have a more competitive gearing system. It doesn’t make any sense. Why am I forced to be absolutely useless to my team for the first week after reaching level 60. It has gotten to the point where I just cant even be bothered.

4 Likes

Gearing alts is insanely easy right now, it took me less than a week to go from nothing to challenger II gear before ever going into randoms and being a burden to my team. Where it sucks is if you don’t have a geared main yet or don’t know how to gear an alt. Seeing people join a game with 22k health just makes you gringe.

Except when you one shot them, then it’s pretty funny.

I also don’t disagree that randoms would be fun without the large gear gap. Just saying, gearing alts right now is pretty nice.

I would love to see your /timeplayed and see how many games were played to get a full challenger II gear set. that is easily over 150 games of arenas, I guess if you mail gear from an alt, and pray for good rng?
Maybe if you have someone to carry you in arenas or at least are a healer. Being really bad geared as a dps is downright miserable.
My point is it doesn’t need to be this way, and to say its “Insanely Easy” I think is not using the English language correctly.

This is of course before we even begin to discuss the legendary and conduit system.

1 Like

This is an alt, but it’s not a brand new character I just leveled. I’ve played him in previous expansions.

I didn’t get all my honor from arenas lol, I don’t like doing arenas. I joined a game with a healer in it with the title somewhere along the lines of “I’m terrible at this” and I had fun with him. We played games, in one night, and got to 1400. I had a bit of honor on this dude from pre 9.1, I did yolos and the weekly quests. It was a little hard getting into groups at first for yolos so I made my own.

This is at least valid, because I had a lot of conquest on my main that maybe not everyone has. But yes, I sent him about 14-15 boxes from my main and by the end I had I think 10 unranked pieces. They weren’t BIS stats, BIS stats don’t matter when you’re gearing an alt. Get whatever pieces you get (unless it’s the cloak without vers) and upgrade them. You’ll eventually replace them later on with the stats you want, who cares if you have a mismatch of crit/mast/haste.

You don’t need to be geared, you just need to find somebody close to where you are. Took me 5 minutes to find a healer who was looking for some chill, low CR games. You don’t need to get carried to higher rating, you just need to start out getting 1000 and upgrading your gear, then 1200 - rinse and repeat. If you have a friend to help you then all the better.

A geared enough alt in a week to me is insanely easy. When was the last patch or expansion you could do that? It’s been a long time.

What’s to discuss? It took me an hour and a half spamming 9s to get my legendary. I would much rather not do it, I agree, but that isn’t complaint worthy. That was to get my 262, too. If it’s an alt, a 235 is more than acceptable and you can get that in a few runs.

Honestly I’m more surprised you’re not complaining about renown, that was the more annoying thing for me. Conduits aren’t hard to get, you get them from callings/world quests/shaping fate/assaults. But you don’t get the higher conduits from world quests until you have high renown. Having high conduits isn’t a priority though, gear is. I don’t like doing ANY of these things, but do them in between BG queues after gearing up and it’s not too bad.

My point is, for the casual Random BGer. This system is horrid. If you don’t have conq gear, and don’t like ranked play that much, you basically cannot compete at all in random bgs, as your gear will be cartoonishly bad to those farming honor for upgrades. It’s not ideal for people that care about ranked pvp integrity. It’s not ideal for people that casually bg for fun.
I guess it IS ideal for boosters and people that like stomping players with less gear than them. But is that really the direction WoW PvP should be headed? I certainly don’t think so.

4 Likes

they couldnt sell pvp carries then