Remembering WoD for casual PVP gear

Who cares! They now can let the power of their gear reduce the skill they need to win! Makes sense to me! We wouldn’t want skill getting in the way of PvP!!

5 Likes

You will likely be able to upgrade up to heroic raid ilvl with normal BGs, like now.

You don’t need mythic raiding gear or gear that top arena players have for random Bgs.

1 Like

Actually, this is what made the WoD system incredibly popular and why PvP participation was through the roof during the expansion. You COULD acquire the best possible PvP gear without doing/having high rating and without doing mythic raiding…albeit much more slowly.

This led to a ton of people doing PvP, near instant queue pops, etc…and for sure was the most fun I have had in PvP over my 14 years of playing this game.

I dont mind arena but I far prefer BGs for the overall experience and variance of tactics. Its just more fun for me. So even when there was a huge PvE content drought, the PvP gearing system made it fun because i could gear up alts and play whatever I wanted in PvP. Kept me subbed throughout the expansion because of it.

14 Likes

I don’t have an opinion on wether or not rating “should” equal better gear but I did enjoy WoD for the fact that the grind was reasonable, PvP wasn’t insanely broken by corruptions and PvP gear scaled up in PvP so raiders couldn’t faceroll everyone.

3 Likes

Bg participation is equal, if not more, to WoD. Queues were only instant for horde because alliance made the majority. Was 20 minute queues for alliance, less if you blacklisted the two 40 mans.

Jugaa will never understand that PvE and PvP are completely different and shouldn’t be compared.

6 Likes

They are part of the same game. There’s plenty of pvp only games where you get the best of the best. In wow, if you do casual content, expect casual rewards.

1 Like

This should be the goal Blizzard, to make PvP gear fun again. Especially for the ones who want to spend most of their time doing PVP.

5 Likes

I dont think anyone disagrees higher rating should give rewards. Mounts, transmog, titles, absolutely.

I do not agree that relative power levels should be locked behind rating. I think higher rated players should be able to obtain the gear easier and faster. But “casuals” should be able to grind it out as well, just have it take longer.

6 Likes

Not a single person who can get that rating consistently wants this.

You’re totally right!! Why should skill matter in random bgs?!?! Dumbest thing I ever heard. Like if people want skill to be important they should just go play other games. Makes total sense jugga.

4 Likes

That’s nice. That’s how the game is now regardless.

And we hate it.

3 Likes

If you’re so happy with how things are why don’t you get out of the forums and play?

To be fair the forums is more than just to complain.

1 Like

To be fair that’s all most people come here to do, or argue with those who have a valid point because you like the status quo.

1 Like

oh I know what they do on here, but half the things jugga says I can agree with on some level. This is just not one of those things.

But yeah treating things as sacrosanct is just wrong.

Because we are discussing shadowlands not BfA. Not a fan of corruptions so I don’t play much BfA.

That makes no sense though?!? Corruptions make skill less important! It makes bgs so much more entertaining when skill is less important!

Exactly… Let’s hope they bring corruptions or corruption like systems into sl. This season of bfa is easily the best we’ve seen. Bfa in general is so good, let’s hope they copy as much of it as possible.

4 Likes