Remember when no character had plot armor

I mean no character had plot armor like anduin or slyvanas. I miss the days when any character could die in wow due to reasonable circumstances.

cough vanilla thrall cough

pretty much every major character in warcraft has plot armor to the max.

When the hell was this?

2 Likes

Gamon would love to know.

Warcraft 3 so many characters died it was believeable. Nowadays i cant take things seriously like ysera death because i know she will be revived

Like Illidan? No… wait, he’s still alive
Like Arthas? No… wait, we killed him in WotLK
Like Kel’thuzad? No… wait, we killed him in Vanilla, WotLK and Shadowlands
Like Kael’thas? No… wait, we killed him in BC 2x
Like Thrall? No… wait, he’s still alive
Like Rokhan? No… wait, he’s still alive
Like Vol’jin? No… wait, he died in Legion
Like Cairne? No… wait, he died in Cata
Like Jaina? No… wait, she’s still alive
Rexxar? Alive
Chen? Alive
Sylvanas? Alive
Muradin? Alive
Tyrande? Unfortunately alive
Malfurion? Someone please kill him

Who you got? Jaina’s daddy and some other Alliance racist?

1 Like

All important characters need some degree of plot armor, until they reach their actual end. That goes for every story ever written. If everyone notable dies quick then who’s left to actually move events forward?

Killing a character isn’t necessarily good development, at times it’s just a waste to toss them out like that.

Like Anduin. He’s been growing since vanilla, this is his time. He’s become king now and is just getting into his rule while all this stuff is going on. He absolutely doesn’t need to die, that’d make the last 16 years of developing him pointless. Sylvanas on the other hand does need to, she’s naturally reaching the end of her rope now. Different types of stories.

2 Likes

Speaking of which what the heck did they even do to thrall man. The thrall i know would never complain in face of danger while in the maw.

Fun fax, Jaina was actually supposed to die in one of the early warcraft 3 missions before you fight kel’thuzad and she was to return as a banshee. Blizz realized that was just copypasting kerrigans plotline from starcraft and instead gave it to some rando named sylvanas. Thats right! Jainas plot armor is responsible for sylvanas windrunner! commence the blamining.

1 Like

Antonidas
Kael thas dad
The entire city of loredorean
Dalaran (that came back)
Cenarius (oh wait that came back)
Grommash hellscream.

When on earth was this?

Man, remember the good ol’ days before GoT when people understood that randomly killing off characters was just nothing but pointless shock value?

Hero npcs and villian npcs all have plot armor if they are going to be used in the next expansion, or the one after that. etc.

Just like our characters and the golden exclamation mark. No matter the odds, an friendly npc will always have a Macgyver solution to be had.

at least GoT has an overarching story thats really good to watch those plebs get smacked in. Plus GRR seems to be really good at introducing new side characters to kill off while piloting the death of each and every one of his MCs