Remember "glass cannons?"

They’re still in game. They’re just called “shamans” now.
Except I don’t think the cannon is loaded with good ammo

I actually lol because it’s so grossly true.

I agree, reduce the GCD by 30% and the game will feel so much better.

1 Like

Yeah, the reason Rouges stun locked was to avoid combat with anything. Cause if they get hit they lose lol. Pvp in a nutshell.
-avoid combat
-stun lock
-burst rotation
-stealth

Taking hits was a nono, cause you’d get $@#ed up in a heartbeat

Oh we have the glass part just not the cannon. Glass squirt guns basically.

That’s the theory but it wouldn’t play out. It would just make it so good players of “glass cannons” would always do more damage than good players of non glass cannons. Which would lead to only “glass cannons” getting raid invites.

Unless you’re talking about PvP… In which case I agree if you die fast you should probably kill fast too.

Your premise is completely false and armor still is a major role when fighting between classes.

Have your warrior sit on a holy paladin and tunnel damage vs sitting on a mage and the damage just from the armor difference alone is massive.

Ferals, rogues, DHs, and monks (leather) still melt fast to physical damage when not using a defensive CD.

You’re post makes no sense.

Yeah. Balance is a fun class, and I get to cast my spells like once every 2 seconds, instead if spamminf abilities. Balance is fun :smiley:

You do remember that back in Legion, people were complaining about higher end gear not having better secondary stats than their already equipped gear because player performance was impacted by secondary stats far more than primary, right?

Not to defend this mess of an expansion, but they did exactly what you are complaining about right now: gear had to be looked at before it was equipped even if it had higher stats and I read a lot of complaints about it in these very forums.

Damned if you, damned if you don’t.

Thats honestly kinda sad that it rings true. Think of a crappy free PC game or a mobile game, if you have an avatar in it, you just equip the piece of gear that has the highest score on it be it an item level or different colored text.

There was definitely a time when you would put some thought/effort into choosing your gear, a little more atleast.

The lack of variety between the classes is one of the worst things to happen to modern mmos, not just wow. Every class needs to be equal in all things with every other class, or there is an uproar.
Class uniqueness is long gone, sadly. This is a big reason why I am looking forward to Classic. Classes had their specialties and uniqueness still.

I wasnt complaining at all. I thought it was dumb to be honest.
I think they worked fine, classes weren’t the best but they weren’t bad.

I think the simplification of gear ruins immersion, now it’s just a piece of gear with no value.

You know how ion was able to remember the gear he was farming out in BC. Gear doesn’t have that now its just loot and put on. So dumb