Rematch addon broke?

I have check and made sure my addon Rematch is up too date but last couple days I have to turn it off in order to just summon any pet now…anyone have same issue right now.

Not having this issue. Could be a conflict with another addon though.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. I couldn’t double click to send a pet I wanted to level to the top of the list. I’d have to right click the pet & have it moved to the top that way.

I went back to an older version & it worked just fine. A few days later I updated (not sure if it was a new version update or just upgrading to where it was before I downgraded the version). Either way, it works for me now.

Just disabled all addons which I don’t use that many …put just rematch on and still won’t let me summon a pet…wonder if I delete and reinstall might help…going to try that.

Export your teams.
Find its lua files in your /wtf/account/%accountname%/SavedVariables folder.
Delete that.
See if you can summon.
Import your teams.

Took rematch out and installed older ver and still won’t work…this is just strange…never had issues with rematch before.

I’ve just noticed a possibly unrelated issue with it where if I have just gotten off a flight path and open Rematch, it won’t let me put my Safari Hat on just by clicking the icon until I close Rematch then open it again. Obviously this isn’t a great hardship but it is a little annoying since I run lots of alts through the pet WQs each day and they pretty much all involve getting off a flight point then opening Rematch :stuck_out_tongue:

There has been a lot of issues with people getting desynched from the server lately. I wonder if both our Rematch problems aren’t milder examples of that. Someone who authors addons was just explaining to me that sometimes addons get locked out of access to data when the server is unsure of your character’s complete state, so maybe little things like this might be a symptom of a worse problem lurking.

Make sure to also delete settings as well because it is most likely a bad lua file.

You need to delete Rematch.lua from
retail_/wtf/account/%accountname%/SavedVariables folder within the World of Warcraft folder

Turn on script errors if they’re not on already:

/console scriptErrors 1

And then try to summon a pet. See if it throws an error. (repeat the above with a 0 to turn script errors back off.)

If no error, /reload away from anything that could put you in combat and try again. Or if things are really stuck, logout/login and repeat.

I’d also try summoning different pets. Maybe the journal is locked (second account?) and it’s not reflecting that properly. Try summoning pets in the default journal too.

Also watch very closely for yellow error messages in chat saying an action was blocked. Buttons to summon pets, put on safari hat and treats are all protected actions and taint from innocuous things can prevent secure buttons from working.

I had found a list of pets for rematch that came wIth guide notes I somehow lost the set and i cant find it again if anyone could link a good set of teams with guides I would really appreciate it

Check out Xu-Fu’s site, might be what you’re looking for;

1 Like