Relics of the past should be usable on items

And I really don’t know why you have such a problem with a crafter wanting to be able to make gear for another one of their characters.

I’m not suggesting that the relics or the base items should be soulbound, just the items that are made by combining them. (I.e. the relics should be taken out of the crafting window so they are similar to, for example, heirloom upgrade tokens). They could even be sold by profession trainers…

Pointless to change. Waste of time and resources in an expansion that already is stretched in this area.

Not really pointless since there are many people that use the auction house to sell gear from old expansions, and this system is very bad for them.

lol - I sell gear from old expansions and I don’t think this system is bad for me.

The system is not bad for you or it doesn’t affect you since you don’t use the auction house that way?

Use the auction house in what way? Post a bunch of useless gear because I have too much gold and I like losing deposit fees?

I’ve made millions of gold posting old world crafted gear. If the system doesn’t affect you since you don’t use it, then I don’t understand the point of giving “feedback” other than to be inflammatory.

And I have made millions of gold from posting old world crafted gear, in addition, over 30 million this expansion posting BfA crafted gear. You want to measure something else?

The point is not how much each person has made but the fact that the relic system doesn’t affect you at all, so I don’t understand why that invalidates my feelings about it.

According to my character statistics, I have acquired 114,448,405 gold since 8.2, though.

what?

really? measuring again

The relic system affects me just as much as it affects you. I just happen to like it and you don’t.

1 Like

I also like all sorts of weird things, but that doesn’t mean anything in terms of formulating sound decisions for what should be put into the game.

I think I see the problem here. You are only concerned about how this will affect you and the auction house. We are concerned about making gear for ourselves/our alts/our guildies, etc. Most of what I have seen in response is that we are not concerned about the AH at all. I understand your concerns, but I don’t believe people will continue to flood the AH with worthless stuff that doesn’t sell. In the beginning it may happen, but once they continue losing money to relist they will stop. Thus are the laws of supply and demand. If there is no demand, why make the supply?

1 Like

You are only concerned about how this will affect you and the auction house. We are concerned about making gear for ourselves/our alts/our guildies, etc.

Can I please ask how my suggestion would prevent you from doing that?

I’m not suggesting that the relics or the base items should be soulbound, just the items that are made by combining them. (I.e. the relics should be taken out of the crafting window so they are similar to, for example, heirloom upgrade tokens). They could even be sold by profession trainers…

By separating the two items you really will flood the AH. Say I make say one leather chest using the new separate system. I might the feel i need to make all 5 relics due to not knowing the level of the buyer. So I end up posting 6 things with that system. (The buyer is also forced to buy 2 things and hope they get a matching set. IE leather gear and LW relic.)
Or using the current system I make 5 chest using 5 relics and post them. This would make less over all post.

Ether way as far as i know Relics are there to make all expansions of crafting viable. So player are no longer forced to go level old content just to make a friend leveling gear. My rogue only has BFA leather working due to being a new character. Now I can make friends and alt gear and don’t need to level past leather working to do it. This makes my Leather Worker better.

1 Like

In your other thread you are trying to get these made by enchanters only.

You have a definite angle on this and it isn’t because these are going to flood the auction house or is better for the game. There is nothing wrong with the system as blizzard suggested, you just want to remove the ability for gear crafters to have flexibility for some reason.

It doesn’t really matter if they are made by enchanters, but them being made by enchanters would fit the theme of enchanting. I think that you should try to address my points rather than making accusations about me having an ulterior purpose.

Your point is that people will flood the AH with 5 times more old world items than they would currently. My argument is that only people with your same mentality would even worry about that. As people have stated over and over again, nobody is going to do this if it isn’t profitable. If it is profitable then why should people not be able to sell whatever they wish? It does come across as you having an agenda. I don’t know if that is the case, but the old saying “methinks thou dost protest too much” does come to mind here.

3 Likes

You are not thinking broadly here… imagine someone is leveling from 1 to 50. they purchase their item on the auction house with a relic of the past 1 on it. As soon as they hit the level cap on it, they will have to repurchase the same item AGAIN… and this second item will have a level cap as well. Its just nonsense… why not make relics on-use items so people can keep their items relevant througout the whole leveling process? That way crafters dont have to make 5 versions of the item and people leveling their characters can have their stuff updated the moment they hit the level cap. All they have to do is keep a stack of Relics in their bag… so much easier…

At that point the Relics would need to become much harder to make as they would then out value the items they are used on. Also the gear it can be used on would have to be priced on the AH at its max possible potential value after a upgrade. As a lvl 50 item would be expected to garner a far higher price then a level 15 item.

But most of all Blizz already has data on how the game would work if Relics soul bound an item and could keep up grading the same item. I can only assume they did not see it as a success as it was not brought back.

If blizzard “knew better” after gathering just data from the ptr and beta testing, they wouldnt flop on every major system they´ve implemented for the past 3 expansions. This is exactly why we leave our feedack here. So they can learn that their original design just isnt working…

The soulbind idea and your suggestion where used for a whole expansion.

There is definitely a lot of speculation on how effective (sales) this relics are/will be.

Personally I don’t think it will make much of a difference. Even ahead of 9.0, current leveling crafts (green gear) is on par with normal raids from the prior xpac.

Currently most of that stuff is used as fodder for enchanting shuffles or outright vendor shuffles. I just don’t see how putting a relic to make it on par with that ‘intro xpac’ gear will help.

The only exception is if there is some crazy wonkiness with balancing on old items. For example 3 socket items from TBC or items with unique modifiers (stealth detection, disarm, etc.) that likely aren’t being tested, validated, or even being considered by the dev team.