Regeneratin' (Zandalari racial)

(Abruek) #16

Well, I didn’t say they were more or as overpowered. But I’ll bring up why I think they’re relatively strong regardless.

Highmountain Tauren have just 1% vers, with no extra healing from damage taken.

This is not only a 3 second Stun, unlike Bull Rush and Warstomps 1 second. It also does a slight bit of damage along with a “substantial knock back”.

Again, having 1% less Nature and Frost is twice as good as just having 1% nature like Tauren have.

I will agree that the other two are fairly useless, even though they have a bonus to all trade skills which most races only get a bonus to one.

(Kateey) #17

The new Regeneratin’ racial is beyond broken if it went live in this state. Imagine a raid boss takes everyone to 20% hp. Instantly top the raid every 1.5 min without using a raid cd… The only classes that can’t be zandalari are warlock,DH,DK.

Hopefully they fix this before it hits live. If not I assume this is a bait in switch to drain even more money from players via race change. Then nerf the ability after they have the money.

(Setback) #18

UHM you do realize that 3 second stun will tie them for best race in game for PVP lol.

Do you have any clue how invaluable a 3 second stun is!?!? Especially say for a mage that has none.

Literally Kultiran and Zand are gonna be tied for #1 pvp race on both faction lol with Kultiran being more of a lead because it brings a baseline hard cc

(Mingz) #19

3 second stun in a raid or just pvp? Does not mean anything for me if it is not usable against a boss. Make it a pvp talent since that is all it will be used for.

PVP is so full on stuns as it is, the pvp game is all about stuns and locks, not damage and healing. so one more stun just makes me never want to pvp still.

But then again coming for a horde that will be OP with the self heal option, I guess trying to tell me the new ally racial is awesome is power for the course.

If you seriously think the Zandalari racials are gonna stay like this your in for a rude awakening. Every number on Zandos atm is rediculously high. Bwomsamdi gives a 4k proc of bonus damage passively.

Also just because Zanda racials are good doesnt mean kultiran arent. Kultirans will be insane in PvP. If I could roll a kultiran UH I would in a heartbeat. Strangle healer, knock DPS into wall and burst.

(Abruek) #21

A 3 second Stun and knock back can come in handle in PvE as well, monks bring ring of peace for the knock back effect, I can see the same for an add in a raid.

Kultiran’s are strong and will release strong, meanwhile Zandalari will likely get nerfed quite a bit.

(Kaivax) #22

It’s worth noting:

1. These values are not final.
  2. The aspect of this where it is not interrupted by damage is unintended.
  3. We’re discussing it.

Thank you.

100% health over 4 seconds most OP racial
Zandalari Trolls Way Too Strong?
Zandalari Trolls on PTR, racial confirmed?
Can we talk about the useless Night elf racial, Shadowmeld?
Play any race you want dont worry about racials
Kul Tiran racials are a joke
Bunch of Exploiting Cheaters!
Zandalari racials, what in the actual
Zandalari Trolls Way Too Strong?
Regeneration breaks on damage just like it does for Zuljin in heroes
Alliance Participation is down
Zandalari & Kul Tiran Allied Race Testing
Regeneratin' is not that OP
(Mingz) #23

Poor decision to make the values so crazy OP in a beta and create such frustration in many.

Even if it gets interrupted, a heal that is better than a health pot every 1.5 minutes is way way OP.

(Abruek) #24

Thank you for chiming in. Though will Kultiran’s having the Highmountain versatility, but better, be looked at as well?

Isn’t that what testing is for?

(Setback) #25

I would hope then if you are planning on over-nerfing or watering it down. Equal treatment is gone into BOTH allied races.

You can’t release one that have jokes of a racial like nightborne then toss the newest and best PVP racial in game on other side. That would be silly.

How is Kul’tiran racial OP? it’s a joke like all the other racials, just a flavor bonus, or you think a single target stun on a 3 min cooldown is game breaking?

That stun in PVP is insane, wat?

Knock away as a mage, cast ring of ice while stunned. EZ combo.

Knock healer out of LOS with a stun while bursting their DPS.

Pandas are actually really good with their paralysis. Id say Knockback plus stun is amazing.

(Abruek) #28

I went over why Kul’tiran’s were very strong here, maybe not OP but very strong

(Tidestorm) #29

If anyone ever needed evidence of Horde bias (especially in the context of PvP)…

the fact that they even considered full health recovery on a 1.5 min cooldown would be it.

If its removed by damage than versus any dot class its useless, like what?

You wont even get 25% vs UH, Assassin.

And against Locks, Druids and Shadow Priests I doubt youd get any decent healing even without antiheals.

25% isn’t worth it. If you nerf it that hard just delete it.

A 1.5 minute cool down yet Everytime a kul’tiran takes damage they heal for 2% of it.

That’s incredibly useful. Nerf that as well please.

Of it’s interrupted by damage leave it at 100%. You’ll never get off a full charge unless you use CC on it

(Setback) #34

I get you probally have never been 2400+ and you play a rogue so I won’t bash you.

Every other class in the game gets a huge benefit from having a on demand stun. especially since said classes often have high stun cds of 30-45 seconds or higher.

I won’t sit here and break down arena past even say 1800MMR but I will say expect to see plenty of kultirans and people changing to them.

(Whiskeyjack) #35

Here’s a fun math exercise. And you can scale to whatever number you want.

Let’s pretend you’re taking 50k damage per second.

2% of 50k is 1k. So you’re healing for 1k over 4 seconds. So every second you are being healed for 250. Two hundred and fifty healing per second.

Are you trying to tell me that 250 hps is in any way impressive or game-changing?

It may as well not even be there because no tank will notice it.

You can scale the numbers to 100k dps intake and the healing provided will be a crummy, inconsequential 500 hps.

No tank in the game is going to think “Oh man that 500 hps sure would have saved me after taking 100k dps.”