Regeneratin' working as intended?

(Yagarr) #1

A couple of days ago I tested out Regeneratin’ against various abilities that stop damage. Some results seem unintended.

1. You can use Regeneratin’ while in Divine Shield, even when being attacked.
  2. When using Regeneratin’ you cannot Dodge/Block/Parry. Even when using CDs like Evasion or Die by the Sword.
  3. You can’t use it while Touch of Karma is preventing damage.
  4. You can’t use it while an Absorption Shield is preventing damage.
  5. You can’t use it during Aspect of the Turtle. You’re pacified, even though it isn’t an attack.
  6. Brewmaster Stagger breaks Regeneratin’.

The last four abilities seem to not be working as intended. The racial is supposed to break when you take damage, and TOK and Absorbs prevent you from taking damage, but Regeneratin’s channel is still breaking. Brewmaster Stagger shouldn’t break Regeneratin’ as its a passive survivability mechanic for the spec. Aspect of the Turtle shouldn’t prevent the use of Regeneratin’ because it’s only supposed to prevent the Hunter from attacking, and Regeneratin’ isn’t an attack. Also, is it intended that you can’t dodge/block/parry when channeling?

(P.S. Please just remove the breaks-on-damage component of Regeneratin’ and nerf the healing/cd so classes with no-to-little ability to remove DoTs or fully prevent damage (Like Warriors) can use this racial in PvP. Right now the only dependable in-combat use of this ability is Divine Shield and Bleeds screw Zandalari because virtually no abilities can remove Bleeds.)

So basically, it’s completely worthless for some classes (Monks/Hunters) and completely broken for others (Pallies).

(Divium) #3

Well that’s just silly to say honestly, obviously some combos will be more niche than others.

An example being an Undead Warrior, warriors are ALREADY immune to fear essentially but sometimes the extra fear break is useful.

So going back to your example Monks and Hunters may get less use out of regeneration which is fine.

(Yagarr) #4

Not equivalent.

Warriors aren’t immune to fear, they have a large CD that removes fear. Being Undead simply gives you another chance to remove fear. WotF is still useful as a Warrior.

Warriors, however, can’t remove DoTs and don’t have invulnerabilities. Meaning Regeneratin’ is almost completely useless to them in combat.

Additionally, Warrior Zandalari aren’t the odd ones out here. The only class that really has a dependable use for Regeneratin’ in combat is Paladins. The other classes don’t.

A fear break that puts trinket on a 1.5m CD is a TIIIIIIIIiiiiiny bit different than having what is essentially a second Lay on Hands for Pallies and Pallies only on a 2min CD.

Not buying your excuse, Mr. Pally.

(Divium) #7

See beyond the icon I use to explain my reasoning its a perfectly fine example. I too want them to be great but we should chase fairness not adgendas. Keep in mind Zandalari also have a second racial.

I get your reasoning, not all racials are equally good for all classes. I get it.

But giving Paladins a 2nd LoH on 2min CD is still broken. Do you get my point?

(Divium) #9

Yes and I agree with it but Iwas focused more on the fact I believed you were selling my opinion shortbbecause was Alliance atmwhich you were not really doing so apologies

(Shadina) #10

I honestly have the biggest problem with Stagger breaking Regeneratin’. A central tank mechanic that’s the entire point to the monk’s toolkit shouldn’t invalidate a racial.

(Abruek) #11

I mean, when in the last ten years has a Paladin popped Divine Shield and not topped themselves off with their self healing.

Unless Regeneratin’ is a instant cast full heal with only a forbearance draw back, it is not a two minute Lay on Hands.

Pretty expected it would break from stagger. As a tank Regeneratin’ is useless in most situations, due to channeling the effect prevents any form of Dodge or Parry mitigation.

(Shadina) #12

I disagree entirely considering the raiding scene. Tanks being able to use Regeneratin’ every fourth or fifth tank swap is a great idea, and provides great utility in the form of a racial being very useful in a specific scene. Brewmaster due to Stagger is the only tank of Zandalari background where this isn’t possible.

These replies from Paladins defending the racial reminds me of when Ele Shamans were coming in the PvP forums giving excuses as to why Stormkeeper and Lightning Lasso wasn’t OP only be severely nerfed a week later.

(Abruek) #14

Damage is generally too consistent for a tank to effectively use this over just taking direct healing from or healer, or simply they’re a prot Paladin and they can heal themselves regardless. Stagger or not, it’s not going to get much effective useage.

Well, argue your points rather than shoveling other people based on what class or classes they play.

Giving Paladins an option they already have doesn’t make it over powered.

I already argued my point, and it’s obviously brokenly good for them. A full heal in 4s is too good for only one class in the game to make use of. Even if this makes it to live after about a week of 100% of PvP Paladins race changing to Zanda and people crying about it on the arena forums, Blizz will nerf it. They’ll have taken your race change money first, of course.

(Abruek) #16

Paladins already have that. Are they going to remove or nerf all Paladin healing abilities too?

I highly doubt most people will race change to Zandalari. Blood Elves are more than likely to remain a dominant position, even Tauren will a CC racial.

Come on dude, who are you trying to fool with that weak excuse? We both know Ret/Prot FoL spams cost them a lot of mana and takes a lot longer than 4s to full heal with.

Stop embarrassing yourself with those weaksauce excuses.

(Kaivax) #18

Thanks for the feedback!

We’re continuing to work on this ability. However, there don’t appear to be any changes to it in the immediate next new PTR build (coming very soon this week).

Zandalari Still not Nerfed

Divine Shield…regen
Disengage…run speed potion…feign death (with honor talent)…regen
CLOS…Vanish…regen
Transcendence…wait a little…regen (works great in Epic BGs and WSG
Warlock teleport…shield…regen

More than one class can benefit from the current iteration of this currently OP ability

(Maizou) #20

I still say, keep it as a 100% heal, but make it ramp up, not 25% per tic. Gift of the naaru is 20% OVER TIME and has TWICE THE COOLDOWN. And increase the cooldown on Regeneratin’ as well, maybe 2-2.5 min, not 1.5 min.

Start at 5% with the first tic, 10% with the second tic, 25% with the third tic, 60% with the 4th tic.

That way it takes THREE tics to heal for more than Gift of the Naaru and Cannibalize.

And in PvP, it will still be near impossible to get the full heal off in a regular setting unless you’re in a place like AB where you can jump off a cliff and glide to safety. In PvE, a tank won’t be able to get off more than 5-15% heal every CD based on timing when they use it, which will equal a Kul’Tiran’s heal over the course of a fight.

However, you also need to make it do reduced healing if you’re currently affected by an immunity such as Divine Shield, Blessing of Protection, etc. and have recently been in combat with enemy players. (like within the last 30 seconds)

This way, the racial is still completely viable for both PvE AND PvP, but is not overpowered in PvP, has more than enough uses in PvE, and everyone is happy.

(Digerati) #21

Probably could be 5%/1 sec with the 90 sec CD. Or ~7-8%/sec with a longer CD