Regarding orcs in Shadowlands

Beautifully written post with great images too. My favorite is, of course, the increase in facial tattoo options. I do like the Laughing skull myself, and might someday roll one as a true story character in my roster.

2 Likes

Great job OP!
/salutes

4 Likes

Thanks all!

The fact youā€™ve admitted you have no orcs before needs to be changed and if thatā€™s how it happens, then good.

I hope we find out one day why they got those with the WoD model revamp.

3 Likes

U forgot to add the head spikes and mud tattoos.

Tusk piercings, and male nose rings too!

1 Like

Hopefully Blizzard sees these ideas regarding Orc customization coming :heart: would like to see the core races getting many things and long requested ideas to implement the player agency they promised!

1 Like

Honestly those datamined facial tattoos look absolutely terrible. I donā€™t know if theyā€™re supposed to be tattoos or scars, but either way they look horrible. Literally looks like someone took a sharpie to their face. If this is the extent of customization they give orcs then thatā€™s just sad.

1 Like

Trolls got some new datamining an hour or so ago. Males got several things Iā€™m wishing for orcs to get which gives me hope. Bone piercings:

A nose ring:

Some broken tusks:

And tusk piercings:

Realy happy to see trolls get those, I wanted them for both orcs and trolls, now hoping for my forest troll skin for trolls. Hereā€™s hoping orcs get some of what trolls just had datamined :crossed_fingers:

Theyā€™re probably meant to mix with the body paint options, theyā€™d look better with those I bet. By themselves though, they look pretty bad. I hope at least some more color and style variations.

Throwing in my support.

It would be amazing if Orcs got even half of the ideas in this thread.

2 Likes

Finally got some new datamining for orcs. Males only at the moment.

Hairstyles:

Got a new hairstyle with metal in it which I thought would be cool to have.

Something like this should go to trolls as well, since several troll NPCs already use a similar one, and Zulā€™jin uses it as well, just not in game.

Also got a long hair style similar to Kargathā€™s. Iā€™d rather have Kargathā€™s than this one, since I think it looks much better, but Iā€™ll take what I can get.

Beards:

Got four new beards but this one in particular I like:

Ears:

I was actually very surprised to see this, we got two options for ear size (and we got it before trolls, which is even more surprising). The difference between the two currently datamined is really small, but itā€™s something nonetheless. I expect more is to come on this front.

Piercings:

Got quite a few of these, but most importantly to me, male orcs, finally, get nose rings. We also got some bone piercings, currently just for noses/ears.

Tusks:

Finally got some tusk rings.

Ā­

Still a good bit to come I imagine, but this is a good start and Iā€™m liking it.

2 Likes

I loved the visuals on this thread good job nice changes

2 Likes

Congratulations on the new additions. Iā€™m anxious to see whatā€™s to come for the females as the Maghar options were a step up and I hope that baseline orcs in general are brought up to the same level visually.

2 Likes

New stuff for female orcs datamined just now.

And it looks great. New necklaces, including a bone styled one like I wanted.

I wanted a bit more of a humanoid skull but Iā€™ll take what I can get.

Not really my thing but I like it nonetheless.

Thereā€™s some scarring I figured would come for them. A lot of the scarring textures share the same style as facial tattoos for females, strangely. Iā€™m willing to bet facial tattoos might have been removed.

Got more eye colors, basically same as males. And, tons, TONS, of new earrings, and they look great. I wonā€™t link them all since thereā€™s too many that look good. I like that ear and nose jewelry are separate options, I hope that gets transfered over to males. Also more war paint/hairstyles/body tattoos.

No tusk jewelry for females yet.

3 Likes

Youā€™ve made the ultimate orc post, like every thing is covered here, and youā€™ve presented it in a way that shows how its actually not even that much work, or even any work at all.

I really hope the art team sees this

3 Likes

I made it before we got our big update with customization. The OP is a bit outdated now, I planned on updating but never got around to it. Iā€™ll probably do it later today now that Iā€™ve been reminded of it.

3 Likes

also though, one thing you missed.

Nipple rings :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

the OP still stands though, especially regarding blackrock and dragonmaw skins, no clue why they havnt been added.

And hairstyles, tattoos and clan emblems- like i know lore wise orcs have meant to have moved away from the clans and be more just ā€œorcsā€ but it would still be nice to be like ā€œim a warsong orcā€

3 Likes

Dragonmaw orcs have always been the most chad clan and appearance of all orcs. I hate orcs so much but this cannot be denied. They even have a cool tabard.

2 Likes

I will always support more orc stuff. Especially additional clans.

3 Likes

The only custimization I really wanted was voice custimization, it would be nice not to sound like something is caught in my throat for my orc, and my female tauren sounds dopey. Yes, I would like purple eyes for my orc.

2 Likes