Refunds since I can't play?

Since the last patch the game has become basically unplayable for me like many other due to the issue involving nvidia cards and the wow patch.

So my question is this , Does Blizzard plan on refunding paid game time to the players affected until the problem is resolved?

Not trying to be a pain in rear but this is really annoying not being able to play because of something Blizzard did themselves.

The problem is pretty widespread so why not just revert the patch until a fix can be found for this problem?

I feel this are all valid questions…blues?

I doubt they would refund the game time just isnt feasable since theres still a magority of players that can still play rolling back the patch wouldnt be likely either you can put in a refund request but im fairly certain the answer will be no.

1 Like

Because folks will be mad as hell when they made a lot of headway on their raids, PvP, backs and the like because some folks GPUs isn’t playing night with wow.

1 Like

there aren’t any issues with nvidia cards that started with the most recent patch that make the game unplayable, that I am aware of. it would probably be best to make a ticket or post in technical support to try some troubleshooting.

2 Likes

There are typically no refunds for issues with a player’s computer setup. Blizzard cannot control that. They offer extensive help through Tech Support, both on the Tech Support Forum, and through the Support site.

You can open a ticket and ask for a refund, but given how long it’s been since 8.3 dropped, I really doubt you’ll get a yes.

1 Like

All you can do is put in a ticket to request the refund.

While they do work fro Blizzard, they are the moderators of this forum for the most part, and the forums themselves are not a direct way to contact support. Either to trouble shoot your issue with tech support, or to billing to request a refund.

I don’t see a post in your history where you asked in Technical support, and since we know nothing about your PC type beyond it has a NVIDIA card that is having issues, probably the Tech support forum would be your best bet to maybe try to trouble shoot this better, unless you have a Mac.

Lockups since 8.3 - Nvidia GPUs (Windows Thread)

Sadly it’s only affecting a certain set of players, with certain hardware and configurations. Reverting a patch that seems to be working for the majority of the players is likely not in the cards. Blizzard has it’s bare minimum hard ware requirements, but not all are going to play nice, and unlike console, you could literally have hundreds of configurations. While Blizzard gathers technical information from it’s users from time to time, to attempt to run test models in house to try to keep them compatible, it’s not always going to work out. Hate to ask, but have you considered getting a card from a different maker with a different GPU type in the mean time?

6 Likes

The issue isn’t with all nVidia cards. Only with a select few. I’ve been running an nVidia card with no issues.

Refunds would be done on a case-by-case basis. You would need to file a ticket for it. The Blues would not be able to do it for you. Refunds aren’t done over the public forum.

3 Likes

There is nothing wrong with my machine. Up until the update it ran all blizzard games just fine, now all of a sudden classic is broke. And no a different video card is not an option , I run nvidia for a reason not to mention im on a m5100 laptop that is plenty capable of running on wow’s slack requirements.

Then as others have stated, it is in your best interest to reach out with a post in the Technical Support forum page.

And at no point did I state that anything was wrong with your machine.

Just that there was nothing in your post history indicating that you had contacted tech support to see if there was a resolution.

1 Like

Just touching on this for a moment. Does retail run for you?

If that were true, you wouldn’t be here asking for a refund. I run a nVidia card, and I’m having no issues. There are tons of players who are playing with no issues.

I sympathize that you are having an issue, but in the thread linked by Rufflebottom, there are four steps listed in the very first post that someone can take to try and fix it. If you are not willing to take those steps, then there’s nothing that can be done to help you.

You can ask for a refund through a Support ticket, but friendly advice, I really wouldn’t hold my breath.

3 Likes

Hi Josiebear

This thread was moved over to the Tech forum. Let’s take a look at things. Go ahead and create a DXDiag system report.

The second section of page has DXDiag report instructions - we don’t require the MSinfo report.

That will be a wall of text. If you have issues pasting on the Forum here go ahead and put it up on pastebin.com. Provide the link code portion of the URL - example below.

(The green bold portion at the end of this example link: https://pastebin.com/**Qk28Ed1P** <=== this code)

Alternately you can place the link in a Preformatted Text box. Paste the link in the chatbox - then highlight it. Click the preformatted text button along the top of the chatbox - looks like this </>

Will look like this example afterwards:

https://pastebin.com/xxxxxxxx

1 Like

I’m not reinstalling my os or reverting to dx11 for 1 game…EVERY OTHER BLIZZARD game runs perfect.

Hi Josiebear,

If you’re not interested in trying to troubleshoot the issue I’m afraid there’s not much we can offer you on the Tech Support forums. If you do want our help though, please post the info that Tratt requested.

If you think that there’s a bug causing the issues you’re experiencing, your best course of action is to report it as a bug on the Classic Bug Report forums. There are currently no confirmed bugs that would be affecting all Nvidia users as a whole, and the vast vast majority of players are not experiencing issues after the patch.

If you are only wanting to seek a refund, the correct way to inquire about that would be to submit a ticket.

1 Like

You are only changing a setting within WoW itself, you are not changing the DirectX version on your computer.

I run DirectX 11 legacy in my game settings. I have a Win10 laptop with an Nvidia card. I have not experienced any issues so far though.