Recommended server for RP?

I was trying to RP a few times in MoonGuard, and i had no luck. Nobody notice me when i try a casual rol with strangers, and nobody notice me when i announce in the trade chat that i’m looking for a guild to RP. Only one guild replied me, but they told me that until i reach level 20 i would not be allowed to join them, wich it’s ok and i undertanding, they are looking for commited people. But i don’t have enough time for RP and leveling a toon for that, i will do if is needed but not right now. My prioritie are other activities, and i want to RP to have some casual and chill fun.
Going back to MoonGuard (where i think i’m not coming back) Goldshire is just… well, everybody knows what it is, and is not what i look in RP. But beside the ERP, the way that several people RP doesn’t like me. Their characters talks as if they were persons from the real world, it doesn’t feel as if you were in Azeroth, a fantasy medieval-barbaric-magic universe.

So, considering all this, wich RP server would you remcomend me?

Getting to level 20 takes approximately 1-2 hours of playtime, depending on how many heirlooms you have. If you do not have 1-2 hours of free time, you will likely run into many obstacles when trying to RP.

There are some things that you can do to improve your chances of finding people with whom to RP.

1. Get to level 20. This helps differentiate you from trial characters.
  2. Get an RP addon like XRP, MRP, or TRP. This helps you customize your character and indicates to other roleplayers that you RP and are interested in RP. You can also include notes in your RP profile, like your preferences, primary language, or favorite RP themes.
  3. Post on the forums and see what the responses are like. Everyone here is going to defend and support whatever server/faction they are already on, so your best bet is to see for yourself what the people are like.
  4. Utilize non-game stuff. If you are truly as limited in time as your are, try utilizing other roleplaying websites to transition you into WoW RPing. Tumblr, Roleplaying threads on WET, and Discord servers scattered all over the place (realm forums usually have a master list) give you a little more flexibility if that’s what you need.

Azeroth is not fantasy medieval. There are galactic space goats that fly through the universe in giant crystal ships and Jersey-accented Goblins who pilot mech-suits that shoot lasers at people. The advantage of having an RP addon will be that you can indicate that you are going to willingly ignore those aspects of the world in your RP, subsequently attracting people of similar interests.

3 Likes