Recomendation for a DPS meter pls

Not Details, Skada or Recount. If anyone knows of any that isn’t one of those 3, please let me know. Thanks!

1 Like

Why not any of those three?

8 Likes

I don’t wanna get dragged into a side debate as to my reasons for not using them. Just wanting any recommendations that aren’t one of those 3. Thanks.

1 Like

Advanced Combat Tracker – Downloads this one is pretty popular

1 Like

Well, kinda inevitable when you ignore the three most popular options.

I guess you have the option of logging everything, but that’s pretty cumbersome for most of what people use DPS meters for.

5 Likes

I am absolutely begging you to tell us why you dont like the other 3

11 Likes

Details doesn’t matter if you like it or not . Deeee best

3 Likes

Skada ate all the bacon, Recount stole my boyfriend and Details… she knows she did.

8 Likes

just ask someone to link meters to you, it seems like you don’t like having damage meters installed so when you’re in a group just ask and ppl will link you the meters.

that’s really all I can think of

I personally use Details. If you want to reinvent the wheel? Eh… okay?

I have to admit… the OP raises a point I have been curious about.

I hear Skada and Recount are wildly inaccurate compared to Details… but Details is so complicated…

I just want an HPS or DPS meter. But Details asks about active or passive? And Top or Bottom? And all these plug ins… And Im just like… forget it.

Are there other addons besides those 3? A happy medium?

1 Like

Because, for whatever reason, details has the option to give you data based on active time. So if there was like an intermission, for instance, or some mechanics you had to do that kept you in combat, but not necessarily actively using abilities, it would not count that time against you.

I personally think that makes the most sense, but unfortunately you will be the only person you know that uses that.

When we had the awakening mob as the seasonal affix, tanks used to drag them at an extremely fast pace a very long distance, allowing pretty much only melee and bm hunters to do consistent dmg. Leaving people like me in combat for a long time with not much chance to do any dmg.

I’m recommending details anyway.

Stop being a hipster. It’s the most accurate one, and will most closely reflect WCL.

1 Like

man tho, those people are so very, very obnoxious.

after every pull “link meterzzzzzz”

2 Likes

if you need maximum accuracy and ability to see everything, log all your fights to WCL.

for most people, you’re fine with Details.

1 Like

Whoa, really? I haven’t had that experience and I’m an add-on noob. I still use default UI. :eyes:

1 Like

it can do a lot so it’s intimidating. but i think most of us won’t ever need to fiddle with the settings much. i spent 10 minutes or so getting used to it and now i can’t imagine going back to recount/skada.

1 Like

The funny thing is it’s like they’re saying, “I’m a try-hard, but not so try-hardy that I’ll get my own meters.”

5 Likes

Yep. I used skada until it was interfering with stuff, then tried Details. I like details a lot more.

2 Likes

If you don’t want the two most accurate, then I don’t know what to tell you.