Reclaiming Gilneas!

Genn standing by as foreskinners blight Gilneas City again is peak writing, not gonna lie.

4 Likes

Yeah, when I was posting about how I’d rather not see the reclaiming of Gilneas be a whole Alliance thing and instead allow it to be a worgen story, I did not have the scenario of “forsaken help instead, and also bring the Blight” on my bingo card.

I’m trying to play the wait and see card. I really am. But like… This ain’t the best.

8 Likes

My only hope is it’s not as bad as the screenshots are suggesting. But it’s not looking good. I’m going to try and enjoy it best as I can though

3 Likes

In this situation, you’re Bruce, I’m Alfred. https://media1.tenor.com/images/a758a3e57b2f9becb817f70e226452f2/tenor.gif?itemid=12493538

Well you got your monkey paw wish, no Alliance involvement from what I can see and instead we get this abomination of a forsaken(pun intended) self insert. Like Blizzard could have just kept Calia alive. Instead both faction have to deal with her palid annoyance.

In Blizzard’s attempt to make the story spmewhat “unpredictable” they usually create a worse story.

Hey now, we both got our desires twisted against us!!

I wanted no Alliance involvement.
You wanted the worgen to not do it on their own.

… Sure, what I actually wanted was Gilneans reclaiming Gilneas, and what you wanted was the Alliance reclaiming Gilneas, and somehow Blizzard found a third path that went against both of our stated desires…

But if you squint your eyes, drink a lot of booze, get a concussion, and then read both of our arguments, this could almost look like giving us both what we wanted.

I do not pretend I can speak for you 99% of the time, but I think I can this once:

Thanks. We both hate it.

4 Likes

How hard would it have been for Blizzard to have just coded a Kul Tiran ship firing arcane cannon balls from Jaina instead of this plague bombardment?

We waited decades for Gilneas to be retaken and now its looks like a total flop because we have to play friendship is magic.

6 Likes

I would have preferred a Kaldorei / Gilnean war effort rather than being helped by the Forsakens, if the worgens needed help.

At least the Kaldoreis have far stronger ties with the gilneans to justify their support to the reclamation of Gilneas.
Now that I think about it, the writers are capable to include the Kaldoreis in the Gilnean army, making the event even more ridiculous than it already is.

It’s not new, Blizzard has a habit to find a third way that please no one but themselves.

Considering their disdain for the worgen race, i will not be surprised if the Forsakens take a larger part of the war effort against the scarlet crusade than the worgens.

That’s how much i don’t trust the writers. All they have to do is make me lie if they want to satisfy me.

4 Likes

So, between 10 and 10, how excited is everybody for next week? :smiley: :wolf: :dracthyr_love_animated:

2 Likes

All this fighting about Gilneas being isolationists and and if the Alliance really cares or if the rest of them should be there. Fine! If you don’t want the city back just say so. I could use a southern gothic lab resort.

Side note, ignoring the whole Forsaken debate, what do we think the rewards will be??

I’m guessing the new mount might be the Gilnean carriage?

And for the new Gilnean themed tmog im really really hoping its a cool long coat like Genn has! But I’m expecting it to just be the recolors of the worgen shield and sword we got from the trading post.

Maybe we get a variant of the worgen heritage armor? Like a different color thst matches the flag?

7 Likes

That would be cool. A long coat would be better though :bear:

4 Likes

On top of Gilneas themed rewards, I’m wondering if the Dreadlords are behind the Scarlets yet again and we’ll get the Dreadlord armor set that was datamined a while back as a reward, too.

6 Likes

Oh yeah. I forgot that was datamined a while back. Wasnt tied to the trading post or any quest chains I believe though

1 Like

Honestly although I prefer the Gilneans achieving something on their own for once, I find it hard to believe that Turalyon wouldn’t send any kind of reinforcements.

He literally said :

Reclaiming Stromgarde was a good first step. Perhaps there are other holdings of the old Alliance that could be secured.

One of the very first things he said when he ascended the throne.

4 Likes

We players are that “reinforcements” and this was a long debate earlier in this thread about it.

Long story short, Blizzard sucks at “showing and not telling”.

Knowing Turalyon and where he is coming from, as a former supreme commander of the Alliance of Lordaeron, he should be present during the reclamation of Gilneas, alongside Genn.

Me agreeing with that or not is another story, I’m just saying what sounds like the logical thing for Turalyon to do, lore-wise.

4 Likes

The foreskinners replacing humans and night elves as worgen allies during the reclaimation of Gilneas just smells like Danuser. Makes me wonder if the rumors about him leaving are true or not, I though they are true since no one has heard anything from him for months, but this makes me kind of doubt.

1 Like

Definitely possible but if so I hope it’s not at the expense of a Gilnean armor set.

3 Likes

Yes, I definitely agree.

1 Like