Reckoning Talent - Bugged

How reckoning is currently scripted is completely wrong, an example of how it should work can be found in Loke 2 a famous pally vid from vanilla.

In this video at 0:20 he attacks zeromancer with a few stacks of reckoning, he then targets himself while gaining more stacks (changing target), then aggressively targets zeromancer again at 0:24 while being out of range of auto attack swings (shown by the messages on the screen), he then casts Hammer of Justice, then moves into range to and unleashes a reck bomb the second his auto attack is in range, without him losing any stacks due to being out of range or changing targets.

This is not how reckoning functions at all in classic, if you are out of range you lose your stacks, if you change target you lose your stacks and now for no reason at all you lose your stacks.

You then see him target himself again and then unleash another reck bomb at 0:34 seconds.

again at 0:52 seconds and then at 0:55 seconds without disabling auto attack he unleashes a full reckbomb on the warrior the second his next swing is up…

The current version of reckoning isnt even close to accurate and needs massive overhauls… just look at actual footage of the game, rather then making it up on the fly.

Further references of how reckoning should actually work can be found throughout the video as it shows again and again how the talent should actually work.

6 Likes

You should use the search function before you start a new thread. We don’t need multiple topics of Paladins crying about how “broken” their class is. Imagine complaining about your class being broken when you can become immune to all attacks and heal to full health just before you are supposed to die.

3 Likes

bump for salty horde tears

As stated elsewhere, was this intentional or not? If it was intentional, why nerf this?

If it wasn’t, is this being worked on and can we get some sort of information here, please?

No one has any idea sadly, its almost as if blizzard needs to make an announcement about whats going on… looks at blizzard devs :thinking:

1 Like

blizz pls fix

Working as intended, next.

As a paladin main and been playing paladin since OG vanilla i can safely say the changes to reckoning doesn’t 100% break the class but you’re putting a bullet in our leg and making us walk with a limp compared to the other hybrid classes that can run full sprint meanwhile we’re dragging a dead leg with the current verison of reckoning

3 Likes

If they fix this before they fix Vanish, I think we should start a riot. Seeing as how it’s been bugged for 15 years.

I have never done any of the stop, start attacking macro whatever it is people are doing. What I’ve experienced for the most part is major inconsistency since the last patch. Sometimes It feels like it’s working fine. I can have a mob crit me, run away mount up and I still have my stacks. Even in some battles it seems fine. The biggest thing seems to be if I’m in WSG or AV, or being ganked by multiple ppl in the open world and I have multiple opponents on me I get tons of Crits on me, then I’ll attack and I just swing a normal swing, after being crit 10+ times then whatever I decide to unleash my 4 stacks on is not hit by them is incredibly draining. From the last few days of the patch I’ve had moments where it seems fine, and then completey not working moments, it is infuriating and draining, I’m glad blizzard has acknowledged something is up, currently it’s hard to enjoy bgs because it feels like a 50/50 chance my talent will work.

1 Like

He’s in range when his swing timer comes up. Combat log does show he gains Reckoning stacks when targeting himself, but I’m not sure that’s even a verified Classic discrepancy.