Reckoning - olive branch for Blizzard from players

How about this as a suggestion given that multiple threads have been written/closed and multiple posts have been deleted or made hidden by CMs.

Would it be possible for QA either here on the forums or on reddit do like an AMA or PSA for the talent given the fact that there is so much confusion around Reckoning?

As a once and for all point by point update for Baconn’s Reck guide with the 1.12.1 reference client as a guide:

http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-paladin/1069149.htm

Would that be possible?

21 Likes

I’m interested in hearing a deeper explanation as to how reckoning is supposed to function on Classic since the changes; there’s a lot of concern as to how it works. I think Blizzard should shed a little more light on this because they changed a – very – important mechanic to a class after several months (even in beta) of people assuming it would stay the same. It’s a 15 year old game, and when you change something I think that’s a reasonable request.

6 Likes

They better explain themselves.

What makes me mad is i geared up a paladin full BiS including Hand of Rag and then they spring this awful change on us. This is classic, not retail. This sort of stuff shouldn’t be happening months into it. We should have known what we were getting on day 1 of this.

Hopefully we get some sort of response about the video evidence.

2 Likes

If need be I can liaise with the Paladin Theory Crafting Discord and compile a list of questions for QA and act as a one stop point of contact and post them here for QA to test and provide feedback on.

With the sheer amount of conflicting information being tossed around, would this be the best solution overall from both a QA and player base perspective?

Again, for reference, here is a history of blue posts/stickies from Vanilla regarding Reckoning:

and here is what Baconn had to say a year ago regarding his blue/stickied Reckoning guide in response to another forum thread:

1 Like

AGREED…thsi is RIDICULOUS!

We’re not going to take this “fix” sitting down… heh

I do agree some feedback by Blizzard would be appreciated on the situation as it stands. Players are confused and would like some clarity on the issue just like hunters got some clarity on their feign/trap issue. Please let us get some clarity so we are not left in the dark.

1 Like

was leveling a paladin to play some Reck otuside of premades…or even some holy/reck in premades(that always looked fun to me)

My paladin is lvl 57 (60 before thursday raid)

i have Obsidian Edge blade and The Unstabable Force in my bags…
I got HOJ on my SECOND Anger Kill
I got my guild to let me Flex in raids and roll for ret gear as MS

And now this…

it literally destroyed my desire to play all together…specially after all the effort of doing 40-51 on the week before bgs on Flamelash EU (yes that one horde server that died first)
To farm all the av rep…

Srsly…i dont even know what to play now…Full Ret spec seems to lack so much power atm…

1 Like

When you don’t have gear it’s gimp…

When you have gear its ridiculous.

this would be a good idea i think

Just chiming in that I would appreciate this as well. I’ve been very disappointed with how this has been handled by Blizzard, specifically with the rampant censorship that has been employed with very inoffensive posts being hidden by the community managers.

4 Likes

The main thing that is bugging me is when i get no extra attacks when fighting multiple targets.

I do not gain any charges/extra attacks if a warrior or rogue is behind me, critting me, while im focusing someone else.

Assuming you do what the paladin here is doing.
The Rogues stuns should not affect reckoning bomb- Reckoning isnt removed from the rogue stun when the rogue was attacking from almost behind. Combat log shows 3 crits made by the rogue that came AFTER the afflicted by cheap shot message. The paladin got 5 melee hits on the rogue when he should of only got 4 melee hits. We have to reset the reckoning charges from Cheap Shot in the combat log assuming stuns reset charges. Therefore you count the crits that come after the being afflicted by Cheap shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgbPO4lkmNo

You can use that evidence if you want. I have another proof exactly like it.

Plenty of old reck bomb vids in vanilla showing players mounting and using reckoning on people, I feel as if “we looked at our client” is a scape goat.

I imagine they had a lot of people complaining about reckoning and thus made a change.

The point of this was to be vanilla like, making changes takes away from that.

I’m unsure if I want to continue playing due to the fact of what’s next to be changed.

2 Likes

This is listed as a known bug in 1.13.3 and is planned to be fixed; if you are not facing/out of range of the target that crit you, you don’t get the charge.

Protection and Retribution talents are garbage in general. There is zero reason why Reckoning should even be in Protection tree, as one of the main purposes of tank is for mitigation.

Furthermore the whole nerf is laughable because spell batching, which changes the behavior of many instant cast spells in Classic compared to Vanilla hasn’t been fixed either.

1 Like

Blizzard has been forcing people to reroll, Respec, and re gear because of bug fixes, and balancing from the start lol… Are you new?

Reck Paladin gets gouged WITH auto attack turned on but still keeps his charges and drops a bomb on the Rogue

Nov 21, 2006

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_1.12.2
Release (US)
13 October 2006

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_1.12.1
Release (US)
26 September 2006

Indeed, the “Classic 2019” artificial batching system is 100% crap because it does not play like Vanilla and that’s the part that annoys me most.