Recent DDoS Attacks Impacting Game Service

I was in the middle of a 5+ hour SM grind when 9/8 happened… feelsbadman, cant believe this is a subscription service that charges more than amazon that cant even afford ddos protection

2 Likes

I blame letting your spoiled brats do what ever they want and never punishing them
And both parents working never home to spend time with them

1 Like

Someday ill finish my water totem quest…

You are a glutton for punishment. I respect that! /salute

How come my game says “World Server is down.” and regularly disconnects me, but offers a character transfer as I wait in queue each time? I cant login but I can transfer my char?

i can’t even log into my med pop server…

1 Like

Even if Blizzard spent all their money and is somehow completely DDOS-proof, the attacker can just DDOS the ISP connected to Blizzard… or DDOS the ISPs connected to Blizzard’s ISP. They can attack the nodes outside of Blizzard’s control.

Is Blizzard going to provide DDOS protection for the entire internet?

How about you revert the nerfs like you should’ve done by release? Otherwise a lot of people are going to quit.

They can afford it. But servers coming back online for any reason that they’re temporarily offline, or a sudden surge of more people coming online the tuesday morning that phase 2 goes live, will trigger that protection and block 10s of thousands of players from being able to get into the game.

It’s an AWFUL idea for Blizzard to use any of these systems.

There ARE other ways to prevent it, which they almost definitely use. But any way to almost guarantee any DDOS attempts will fail will literally make an MMOG unplayable.

Was on a taxi griffin, and boom, fell to my death, then d/c. Been off since. I hope you find this guy.

1 Like

I agree, we get back free in added time, the exact time we lost offline. Fair.

We should; we won’t.

1 Like

Why cant i still be loged into the game. The error code is 51900328.

Or, heaven forbid, write out the name Deadmines.

1 Like

Not to worry! Blizzard is “actively monitoring” the situation.

3 Likes

Have not been able to connect since last night.

What does “DDoS” impacting ISPs mean? That doesn’t make any sense to me. Do you mean that the route from certain ISPs to your servers has been nullrouted? That would make more sense. In which case it’s a feature, not a bug.

2 Likes

Your blocking my ISP is impacting my game service 100%. . . I understand the arguments against idiots wanting refunds for stupid uncontrolled issues but that seems extremely questionable.

3 Likes

Blizzard, why has this issue not been dealt with yet. Your customer service is very poor.

Working as intended. lol

is this attack the reason i still cant log in