Received Suspension but no explanation

Good Morning,

TLDR: I received a Suspension on 11/11/2019 for ~72hrs but have not received an email notice on it or an email explaining why. When I tried my ends at opening a ticket seeking additional information, I was replied with a Copy Paste statement that was apparenty that no one read the ticket.

I was on my primary account on 11/11 playing Classic until roughly 2pm PST, when I logged off for a few hours to play on my secondary account. When I tried to log on 3 hours later, I was prompted with a Suspension Notice on Battle Net Client. It mentionned that I would receive an email regarding said suspension. I received no such email and was fairly confused.

I tried opening a ticket asking for reasons behind my suspension and in less than 20hr got a reply but the reply was obviously a copy paste message in legalese that did not explain what my suspension was from.

I would like to at least receive an explanation of this supposed breaching of EULA.

Thank you.

You’ll want to check your junk or spam folders in your e-mail. Failing that, it’s possible for an SFA in this forum to get that e-mail re-sent.

This response was probably because they either viewed your ticket as an appeal, or they thought you were asking for additional information that they cannot provide, such as detection methods, discipline for other accounts, etc.

Be very clear and concise in your ticket.

1 Like

When you get back ingame, you’ll also find your Swift White Steed missing - because of the way the gold was acquired. I’d recommend checking spam filters and other folders, a mail should have gone out.

10 Likes

Thank you Orlyria,

I did check my Spam, I have received nothing in it.

From reading the boards and personal experiences, it’s possible that you won’t get a mail and will have to just keep being persistent with the tickets to try to get
someone to explain the specifics.

Just be nice and avoid getting upset that would be natural considering that you have been given no indication of what transpired, etc.; you should get the answers you need eventually.

Take care!

If a mail is not received, it’s rarely because it’s not sent. It’s possible, but generally, the issue lies in the user’s email account.

The specifics have been explained; at least as much as they are going to be, even to the OP. His recourse is to appeal, and if the appeal is denied, then he can keep appealing until they tell him the matter is closed.

There is no long-term dialogue necessary.

8 Likes

Whatever you say; just seems that based on personal experience and reading these boards that simply isn’t always the case. And if it isn’t he needs to follow up or he will never know. (Well he posted here and got an answer, so that’s good.)

He got some answers from the GM here, but that’s it so there’s nothing to really appeal. Perhaps he will appeal when he gets his response from the ticket, but in the meantime it still looks like based on his messages he’s looking for the original, expected, correspondence.

He can always appeal. He doesn’t need an e-mail.

An appeal is not there to give an excuse or proclaim innocence. It’s to ask them to review the evidence to make sure it wasn’t an error. He doesn’t need an e-mail to do that.

14 Likes

My guess is that explains the suspension…

7 Likes