Received a Beta Invite -- Was it fake?

Last Friday I received an e-mail stating that I had been selected for the beta and that installing it was as simple as logging into the client:

Once you’re logged in, select World of Warcraft on the left, and then use the dropdown menu near the Play or Install button to select the Beta: Shadowlands option.

However, no such option was ever presented to me from within the Battle.net client. Was the e-mail a fake? I didn’t see any sketchy links in there. As far as I could tell, they all went to blizzard.com. Was the e-mail sent by mistake?

Try a couple of things logging in and outa the launcher and forums a few times resetting your password should also do it. If your flagged for beta you should be able to post in the beta forums.

1 Like

You might also want to look at what email address actually sent the email to you.

1 Like

hey there got the same thing not able to find my launcher as well hope a blizzard GM can help me as well

The headers looked legit. Maybe they were spoofed?

There are no GMs on the forums, so posting for one will not lead to any result.

If your invite was legit, resetting your account password has been widely-confirmed as successful in getting it to show up on the launcher.

1 Like

It’s… it’s almost over. Shadowlands actually releases in a week. So I wouldn’t sweat this.

1 Like

Presuming it was legit (there was a batch sent out) - try changing your password.

That seems to work for most.

3 Likes

Thanks. Resetting my password seems to have worked. I must have missed that solution when going through the automated system.

1 Like

I got an invite to and thought had to be fake with the launch so close but realized no links in it to click like most phising/scam emails and instead said it would be showing up in my launcher. Took a couple of days but now it shows the beta option to be installed in my Battle.Net app/launcher.

So don’t click links if it has any and see if it shows instructions to install via launcher and if so then restart PC and launcher and see if it shows, if not wait a day and go from there. I didn’t know about the password reset thing so that may have been faster than me waiting for it to eventually show but either way I don’t intend to install and load up the beta when it’s almost here anyway.

No idea why a batch of beta invites were sent out a week before release though lol. I’m not even gonna bother with it so close to release and the pre-patch event going on.

1 Like

They tested the launch event last Friday. It’s possible they are doing more testing of the starting areas.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-launch-test-november-13/716305

i cant get in

Have you tried resetting your password?

1 Like

Thank you so much