Rebuilt Mechanical Spider/Gorilla Pet

So, while this incursion’s been up, I’ve been studying this world quest and think I’ve figured it mostly out.

Essentially, when a Vol’dun Incursion is up, the World Quest “Battle Bots” will spawn. During this World Quest, there will be a giant robotic Spider and Gorilla that will spawn that a gnome and goblin are repairing. They regenerate health at a set rate, however, the world quest allows players to help them regenerate energy. (You can also collect salt from the Krolusks you killed for the World Quest after completing the WQ to turn in to give energy as well) Every turn in grants the robot 5% energy.

In general, more energy increases the chance that your faction’s robot will win. However, it’s not a guarantee. There’s still a modicum of RNG in which abilities your robot decides to use. If it decides to be dumb and use only it’s regular attack, rather than a strong shield for instance, it’s going to lose. I’ve had the spider lose with 50% energy to the gorilla at 20%. Though I’ve never seen the Gorilla lose with more energy.

There’s also a bug at the moment in which the robots have a habit of de-syncing and despawning, thus they never battle. This will likely be fixed soon. Until then, if this is occurring on your server, use the group finder to realm hop, or wait until they sync back up, it usually happens within a half hour, and even then, it’s 100% normal for them to desync every other battle, as the one that loses respawns faster than the one that wins, but then they respawn together after the failed attempt at fighting.

Anyway. When your faction’s robot wins, a small barrel will spawn underneath the corpse of the other faction’s robot for about 30 seconds. You can loot this for a once per incursion piece of the battle pet. For example:

This means that only Alliance players can build the Rebuilt Mechanical Gorilla and only Horde players can build the Rebuilt Mechanical Spider. However, they are flagged at cageable.

The parts are flagged as unique, so it SHOULD only take 3 incursions to rebuild one of the battle pets, but I guess that depends on if the unique flag means we can’t get duplicates or if it means we simply won’t be able to LOOT duplicates.

Buuloki on wowhead summed up the basics in a comment on the respective pet pages, for those who prefer the wowhead method.

2 Likes

It seems like I’m never on when the Vol’dun Invasion is up. Is there any way to find out when it will happen next, or is this completely random?

From my experience I don’t think it’s possible to get a duplicate of a part you already have in your bags. I’ve finished the gorilla 6 times across 7 alts and it’s always been do the incursion three times and get the pet.

Another thing I’ve noticed, the fight takes place even if it’s not a world quest during a specific incursion and it’s possible to loot the barrel if your side’s robot wins. You can even help it along by farming salts as long as you’ve done the WQ previously.

The next two are Friday Feb. 22, 6 AM Eastern and Wednesday Feb. 27, 1 AM Eastern.

If I watch the battle with this character, the Horde bot will win. If I watch with my Horde druid, the Alliance bot will win. Never fails and I am 100% with this.

I’ve don’t recall ever seeing a world quest involving these bots.

Loncis, the faction assault rotation is fixed, and is as follows:

nazmir
stormsong valley
voldun
drustvar
zuldazar
tiragarde sound

voldun should be up next since stormsong valley was earlier today.

Also, confirm the battle bots world quest is irrelevant, the spider and gorilla duke it out regardless of the wq. What makes the difference is who turns in the salts. Kill the beasts nearby to get the briny salts, and turn them in to the npc on your faction side that is charging up your faction battle bot (you will see the charging ray). i believe the charge comes in the form of an energy bar on the battle bot, though i have not seen that bar go above 25/100 and i have turned in 50 salts at once (10 per turnin) so not sure how much repeated turnins really help.

If the other faction is actively turning in salts it could be a random fight but if it is just you (common esp when the wq is NOT up) then i almost always sway the fight it my favor.

Takes a few weeks to build one bot pet but you can do it on alts also. I usually miss one or two voldun invasions because they come in the middle of the night or whatever but just be patient.

And yes, takes three invasions to make the pet, each piece is unique so you always get a piece you dont already have.

Hope that helps!

Plenty of servers are heavily imbalanced faction wise to the point where you may need to realm hop. I can usually get what I need within 5 groups, so turn to the Vol’dun WQ group finder if you’re having rough luck. Sometimes I’ll phase in with the barrel sitting in front of me waiting to be looted.

It’s Friday, 6AM Eastern, and there is no Vol’dun Invasion up.

It might, except that I don’t know how long it takes for one invasion to stop and another to begin. I know it’s not immediate, since Stormsong Valley invasion stopped yesterday, and the next one I saw immediately was Tiragarde Sound.

When? I’m on that bridge right now, and neither of them are up. There is no incursion going on.

Addendum: It started at 7AM EST, and apparently, you just need to hang around on the bridge. If your side lost, they will fight again in a few minutes.

I have my first piece for my Horde Warlock and the second piece for my Alliance Priest.

Have no idea how to do this. Only use the group finder if there is a green eye next to the quest. Wouldn’t know what to search for otherwise.

Times are always Pacific Time with Blizzard. It doesn’t matter what time zone you’re in.

The person who gave me the time specified Eastern, which is where I live. Also, he was only off by an hour. If he had given me the Pacific time, he would have been off by three.

No, biggie. An hour off is no concern.

Just to round out the info in this thread, Incursions last for 7 hours and then are off for 12. This 19 hour cycle slowly rotates the time they are up around the clock. Since there are 6 zones in fixed rotation, the next time the same zone comes up will be 114 hours later, or 5 days forward but 6 hours earlier.

So Wed Feb 27 1 AM is correct after we fix the previous one to 7 AM.

1 Like

This add on might be helpful. It lets you add a countdown bar to your map. If there’s an incursion active it will show the time left, if there’s not it will show the time until the next one.

Mousing over the bar will show the time, date and location of the next six.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bfainvasiontimer

That’s a neat little gadget. Hopefully, someone can use it.

I don’t have any add-ons. I never could get Kurse to download and install. My antivirus program doesn’t trust it.

I’ve always been a manual installer myself. Tried the “installers” but wasn’t too impressed. I just keep a folder of the zips which always seem to save with the version number in them, and extract them to the addons folder (After deleting the previous copy)

1 Like

Well, that was easy. I’ve been playing since Wrath of the Lich King and I’m now running my first and only add-on.

Neat gadget. Is there a way to turn it off so the bars don’t show if I’m not waiting for an invasion?

Addendum: I just figured out how to bring up the settings and adjust them so it only shows up when I open my map. That’s cool. I can live with that.

Second Addendum: I just now saved Rematch. I’ve been hearing so much about it, now I’m finally using it. Not actually that hard to figure out, and since Squirt is up today, I uploaded my team for Squirt.

/proud applause

1 Like