Rearranging and Removing Portals

The annoyance is still a lot even if u have a good pc to having 2 or 3 screens loads . And thank god that i play a druid as i have unlimited access to broken isles which i need as i run a lot of mount runs including world bosses and other raids which are done within a few mins and then i use my dreamwalk . But my other toons still have a bit of problem doing all the raids legacy . It seems to me this is how blizzard think ---- They wake up and then they think okay how can we truly screw with the playerbase ,lets add blocking in transmorg or lets timegate some toys or better yet lets remove the portals so they have to run more for stupid things which are not even gonna drop .

Or they could just write a coherent story that develops from expansion to expansion, so lower levels don’t feel completely disengaged from what’s going on in the latest expac. Of course, that would require them to put more thought into the lore than “this sounds cool this month.”

5 Likes

You are 100% right as all the people love the game and this is going horribly wrong direction + keep the fact in mind that not all players who play wow visit forums . Hardly a few % of the players come to forums and we have load of threads like this and yet they refuse to listen which one day will be the reason of removing the fun part from the game . My friends , guildies their guildies people in lfg ,i havent met a single person ingame who is not sad because of this change but what can we do ehh right>

2 Likes

So Ion’s concern about players setting their hearths in old content is actually because he wants them stuck in older content. That makes a lot of sense.

I wish these interviews were actual interviews and not “here’s a list of questions, answer the ones you want”, because I would LOVE to see someone actually follow up on the things Ion says.

4 Likes

did you even look at the reference material provided?
because i think you didn’t look.
if you did, you’d understand that your response makes no sense in context.

The “time spent” (aka “time played”) is NOT related directly to WoW.

and yet, there was a plethora of people who claimed that they DID have their hearth in Legion Dal, even when they had access to the Dal hearth.

I had my main hearthstone set in Shrine since WoD lol.

Ever since they gave portals outside of Orgrimmar/Stormwind post Cataclysm I have used portals in other cities because it is fun! More convenient for me! And most importantly it makes the world feel bigger.

People had garrison hearthstone and dalaran hearthstone so people were free to choose where to put their hearthstone.

Micromanaging player agency is killing this game. Taking away options is not making the game bigger it is shrinking the possibilities.

8 Likes

In his statement, he uses the words Current capital cities, which leads me to believe he is not talking about lowbies.

The fact is, people were hanging out in New Dalaran rather than the new capital cities. So instead of making it so that people would want to hang out in the new capital cities, they removed the portals to force people to. If they were only talking about lowbies, they could have just changed the lvl people could access the portals.

Either way, they are not being consistent with their messaging, which then comes across as being untruthful.

In the end, it is sad that they are so busy trying to justify a bad decision instead of just reversing it and moving on. Players would then forgive, forget, and move on. Instead, more and more people are getting annoyed.

8 Likes

It relates directly to WoW because it’s the metric of engagement they use for all ActiBlizz games.

1 Like

The portal room is even mostly useless for characters under level 58, as there is only ONE portal that doesn’t require level 58 or higher.

If you’ve got to get an Alliance character back to southern Kalimdor for instance, you’re basically stuck using the Exodar portal, then going to the Darnassus portal on the Azuremyst Isle docks, then taking a long flight path to whichever part of southern Kalimdor you need to be at, and in certain zones that don’t have a lot of flight points, you might be forced to take a long ride on a ground mount to get to the quest locations.

If you’re on certain parts of the Southern Barrens questlines on Alliance, just getting there to return to questing after having ported out for whatever reason can take around 10 minutes or longer JUST in travel time.

This was likely a problem even before 8.1.5, but southern Kalimdor for Alliance sticks out due to having much longer travel time than some of the other pre-58 questing zones.

3 Likes

it LITERALLY states that it it not directly related.
please, read the material being referenced.

Haha, I laughed at this because this is where I have alts set to in order to do Raiding with Leashes. (level 120 alts)

I agree with this. There really is zero point to do so. If you make it easy for people to get to the content they want to play, they will play longer, have fun, invite friends to play and potentially bring in more customers. On the other hand, if you make it a chore, they will just go find something else to play and if that something is really good, they will not renew their subscription.

It is related to all blizzard games, which includes WoW.

Do you have data on the number of people who set their personal hearths to New Dal along with their Dal Hearth (in BFA)? Because everyone I know has their personal hearth set to BFA or now the Shrine.

5 Likes

This is a self inflicted problem Blizz creates. When they refuse to fix their flight path system and upgrade it overall for the year 2019. And gate flying at max level players are going to utilize portals more. And this is the game that they designed.

So for them to complain about players utilizing portals for ease of game play is the same arguments they used to time gate flying at max level.

It is clear that their current team is overwhelmed and lack the programmers to make WoW larger scale or else they would have put in the CoT portal in by now. Or they would have put in new portals with updated graphics back into Dalaran.

The artwork is done by the art team so what is the hold up?

6 Likes

Activision, Blizzard, and King games.
Which include a whole lot more than WoW.
…and yet people are wanting to pretend it’s all about WoW, while not seeming to understand that the time spent playing a subscription game, isn’t as relevant to this statistic as other games.
When you pay for a block of time, the time you spend playing within that block of time, is irrelevant.

When I asked posters where they were putting their hearthstones now, the few who responded seemed to like Pandaria, or a convenient bfa quest hub.

‘the few who responded’ is NOT a legitimate set of statistics.
PROOF; as in LINKS!
You talk numbers, you show PROOF.
Charts, links, websites! Facts, man,; FACTS!
Sips tea

i clearly don’t have statistics, nor do i even understand the line of questioning… …considering that the discussion started around people who had their hearthstone in dal during the previous expansion, not this one.

:pie::pie::pie: <my pie chart.

Rolls eyes
Hilarious.
So what you’re saying is just a bunch of opinion that you try to pass off as fact; hoping all along that no one notices that…

THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES!

*Goes back to enjoying his omlette au fromage et herbes

2 Likes

unless the posters were lying, then… it is fact.
people were claiming that they had their hearth in Dal during Legion, and were using it alongside the Dal hearth.

-be careful you don’t get egg on your face

Heaven forbid they allow players to choose their own adventure.

7 Likes

Unless you, also, are lying.
Having reviewed your post history, I can say…

That is a fact.

Finishes breakfast and takes the dishes into his sparkling clean kitchen; sounds of scrubbing and rinsing soon emit therefrom, along with a very faint minty aroma

1 Like

The WoW logo is clearly in the group of games being referenced by this graphic: https://imgur.com/a/5aM1Q5F

Which, if you for some reason can’t read the presentation slide, says:
Strategic Focus on Franchises
We relentlessly focus on building reach, engagement, and player investment

Talent, Technology, and Processes Enable Innovation and Creativity

Innovative Content, Features, and Services Engage Players and Communities

Player and Community Engagement Leads to Recurring In-game Revenues

Recurring In-game Revenues Support Re-Investment Into the Core

Audience Reach: MAUs (1)
(1) Montly Active Users defined as number of individuals who accessed a particular game in a given month averaged across the number of months in a respective period. Refer to the definition included in today's earnings release for additional details. Daily Active Users (DAUs) defined and calculated the same as MAUs, but on a daily basis.

Engagement: Time Spent, DAUs  (1)

Player Investment: In-game spend

Reinvest: Cash Flow

Now, if you can point to me where on that graphic it says “for all our properties except World of Warcraft”, feel free, but I’m pretty sure I typed out all the words.

5 Likes