Rearranging and Removing Portals

I’ve never been one for this type of posting but…

You’re turning this game into absolute, complete, utter garbage. Your stocks are dropping. Your subs are probably dropping. You have met resistance with every poor “We’re removing this because WE like it this way!” decision.

When you’re the only ones still playing the game you made for you and not your loyal customers, I hope you’re proud of the flaming pile of rejected game ideas you’re left with.

217 Likes

Feels like a change for the sake of change with no rhyme nor reason to it. Instead of wasting development time on something no one wants how about fix other things. Like when you change talents then master of the elements won’t proc at all until you log out and back in.

46 Likes

What is with people not knowing that there’s a ring that teleports you to Karazhan? You can literally google search “karazhan ring” and find it.

on topic: lol@Blizzard suddenly deciding to remove things from years ago because they forgot to do it the first time around…real smooth.

21 Likes

do you just have 1 team who makes stupid choices for one expansion and then another team that fixes them the next?

111 Likes

A portal to Astrannar for the Alliance would be amazing. That obstacle course run down Darkshore as a lowbie is mind numbing.

13 Likes

Thats real cute.
Those MoP portals were there for YEARS not making a SMALLER world THEN seem too small.

yeah…I get ya.
I’ll be ‘correcting’ my error as well. A 19 month error where I made the mistake of subscribing to your game.

See how easy that was?

My guess is that you all think THIS forum is the only fire storm going on about this topic.
YOUR mistake, friend.
The web is ablaze over this WoD style crap where you screw with our travel modes without an actual GOOD reason, unlike this deflection of trying to get us to believe its about US, somehow.

As far as Im concerned, 3 accounts will expire in may and stay that way.

148 Likes

Like, I fully understand removing the portals from the Cleft of Shadows, is IS in fact a clusterfudge of portals and needed to be cleaned up, but why remove portals from a Portal Room where they are neatly arranged and the sole purpose of that room is to hold said portals? Cause that’s what the Dalaran lowest chamber in the center room is. It’s a mini portal room.

Also, “we also understand that its the 100th time you’ve seen X zone.” right, so why are you making it more of a hassle? No one cares about old content feeling larger, it’s irrelevant content that most players just AFK fly to get from X to Y. Now that AFK fly is going to take longer for no reason but apparently to force us to “interact” with others? Why? That’s not going to make that happen more or less by removing portals. Unless you were to give mages portals to the areas/zones which portals were removed.

110 Likes

I like the idea of making the world feel larger. I’m not inherently against the removal of portals.

However, for max level characters, there is no reason to travel through older content zones, no matter how many other players they encounter along the way. They’re just going through the area for the sake of the scenic route. Give people a reason to want to skip portals because of intriguing content.

39 Likes

This completely. You have not justified the removal of SPECIFIC portals. Some of us don’t care about the city ones being in every city. You logic that the Cataclysm portals will still be there is garbage. You still have to unlock the one for Uldum and how many people actually do that zone leveling anymore.

14 Likes

Making places more inconvenient to reach doesn’t make the world feel bigger. It makes the game less fun - to the extent that I often skip quests/farming/whatever (especially if I’m not on my mage) because the thought of traveling 10+ minutes to get somewhere through old content is so unappealing. If anything they should be making transit between major hubs and areas of the world easier not more of a pain in the butt.

93 Likes

Translating…

“Shut up and play our way, we don’t care about your feedback.”

234 Likes

No, he just copy/pasted whatever some developer who doesn’t play the game told him to copy/paste here. It was piss poor reasoning if I’ve ever heard piss poor reasoning.

70 Likes

And of course, some players have chosen to play as Warlocks or Mages specifically because those classes offer unique means of transport.

I have a mage…and I dont see a portal to the Caverns of Time.

86 Likes

While I’ll miss some of the portals it’s not up to you to decide what changes are needed.

2 Likes

The best part of this is you keep trying to move away from Legion.

Look at your freaking subs for once, man. OBVIOUSLY MOVING AWAY FROM LEGION IS THE WORST POSSIBLE FREAKING THING YOU GUYS CAN DO.

Didn’t you have like 10 Mill subs in Legion? Isn’t it down to like… maybe 5 Mill if we’re being generous?

Stop being ostriches and take your heads out of the sand for freaking once, stop making unimportant, completely blind to your player-base, ridiculous changes that just serve to pad out that play time cause it’s not going to freaking work.

People just won’t bother with it anymore.

46 Likes

It sure feels good to know that the responses were read, and like so much other feedback provided by the playerbase, the devs are continuing to stick to their guns and stick to outdated thoughts on how the game should be.

Please at least consider moving the pandaria portal to the respective factions shrines so they’re a central location rather than the far side of the continent at least. I understand the current org portal goes there, it really should be more like the legion dalaran portal.

Also maybe move the legion portal to legion dal, isn’t it anachronistic for a max level player to have a portal to northrend dalaran when that dalaran shouldn’t be there any longer (the legion method of moving this to wyrmrest so you didn’t run into that paradox of going from dalaran to dalaran was a good idea in that respect).

Anyway, that’s my 2 cents, I expect nothing will change.

32 Likes

yeah. They have a TON of time to not only remove portals that didnt NEED removing…then come up with some crap story for doing so…and THEN spend all that time building two fancy new portal rooms…and STILL that blasted ‘in combat’ bug persists and is ignored.

30 Likes

We knew that going into the other thread honestly. Which makes this even worse.

11 Likes

The community has learned that if they cry loud enough, even if they are the minority, Blizzard will give in. Please stop caving to the “Whining Forum Posters” crowd, Blizzard. I and many others want this to be an MMO, not an ARPG. Time should be a currency. Taking 5 minutes to fly somewhere is not gamebreaking or unsub worthy.

I expect to be flamed for giving my feedback and mass reported, but it needed to be said. You made the right decision, Blizzard. Stick to your guns. I’d rather you be wrong and stick to your convictions than bend the knee to the outrage mob. Thank you for your hard work CMs.

13 Likes

Are you under the impression you deserve kudos for preserving Cata portals, which literally include areas like Deepholme and Tol Barad that are otherwise COMPLETELY INACCESSIBLE. Forgive me if I’m not rolling out the Roman triumph for your selfless sacrifice.

143 Likes