Rearranging and Removing Portals

As I have said MANY TIMES in the other thread:

The removal of the Dalaran Crater portal makes there NO EASY ACCESS TO THE NORTHERN PART OF THE EASTERN KINGDOMS FOR ALLIANCE SPECIFICALLY

I’m not sure what part of that you or the dev team do not understand.

There are MULTIPLE holiday events that take place up there, as well as dungeons.

Right now, our closest place up there is Stormwind (since there is no Ironforge portal in the Stormwind Portal Room). Twilight Highlands is NOT closer, due to the location the Twilight Highlands Portal takes you.

This leaves Alliance with a 10+ Minute Flight to do things like the Abominable Greench Holiday quest, etc.

FIX THIS OR I WILL NOT RENEW MY SUB WHEN IT RUNS OUT. This IS a game breaking change for me. Period. You are not being fair to the Alliance. I do not care what the hell rationale you use. The Horde have easy access to every part of Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, every continent.

The Alliance do not have access to an entire half of one continent by removing this portal.

BRING IT BACK. PERIOD.

100 Likes

But at the same time you’re discouraging us from going into older content. You should be doing the exact opposite, there’s almost two decades worth of valid content in this game that you should be encouraging us to play through. But if it takes me ten minutes or more to reach that old raid I want to run, I’m just not going to do it anymore.

Yeah. This is really disappointing.

61 Likes

It’s almost like they didn’t even read any of the responses.

42 Likes

From what Im told the FF14 team is just the opposite.
Time for a change of scenery.

33 Likes

You know that means the game is going to die, right?

Just telling people to leave is self-defeating as heck and it amuses me to no end that people who say this can’t see that.

50 Likes

Kaivax

I am literally at a loss for words here…all the feedback you have been given says leave it alone and dont remove the portals…ALL of it says this is a bad idea and we dont want it…so why go ahead?

You asked us for feedback and we said no dont do it. Yet here you are telling us its going ahead anyway.

I am…at a loss to understand why you are going against the very feedback you asked for.

111 Likes

I quit. Bye.

51 Likes

Right now it’s safe to say that we are in the middle of a very average expansion and for me one of the only things that keeps me subbed is working on old content. The removal of portals seems like a direct attack on old content by making it increasingly more annoying to get to these places. The original post does sounds very much like a dev staff that is wildly out of touch with its player base. Pull it together and listen to your fans (and change the dam quest log limit while you’re at it).

71 Likes

Tainna

Wait till you see the aethernet network. You will drool over what it can do.

7 Likes

Cause then at least they can say they asked for it, so they can pretend they’ll listen when they have no intentions of doing so.

Want to prove me wrong, Blizz? Start doing what you keep saying you’ll do and actually change the things people are pissed off about.

14 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1. “just harass your local mages to bum a ride”
  2. “EVERYONE play a MAGE instead of what you like to play”

Guy, come on…not even YOU think this is a reasonable statement.

44 Likes

I am honestly surprised. How well did they think this response was going to go over with the community?

33 Likes

They do listen. I mean, FF14 was horrible. The devs admitted they screwed up, took it back to the drawing board and tried to fix things. They Ate Crow.

The result wasn’t perfect, no such thing. But they had the humility to admit they were wrong and worked to fix it.

Blizzard Devs seem incapable of that.

32 Likes

I never said anything about it being up to me. I don’t get paid to make decisions for this game, but as a customer I do get to laugh at the people who do.

13 Likes

Apparently they actually think this nothing backwater forum is the only place players are congregating and tossing fits about this change.

Frankly Im hoping it goes the way I think its going to.
Lessons werent learned in WoD, apparently.
Maybe they need to be taught again for a refresher.

21 Likes

I’m having a ton of fun leveling a catgirl. She might not have horns and hooves, but it’s still fun.

Got a mount the other night, and it was nice to relive that exciting moment I don’t get from WoW anymore.

Considering how the Blizz devs act now, I don’t even feel guilty.

14 Likes

Hmm…FFIV or even ESO is looking better with each decision by Blizzard…

17 Likes

For me specifically, the removal of the portal to shrine/2 moons creates 2 problems:

1. Anything west of Jade Forest as Horde means that a flight path takes you via 2 moons, for an additional 2 minutes for which you are not thinking the world is bigger, as there is nothing you can do during that time. You cannot open bags, interact with others like you could a boat or zepplin, etc etc etc

2. it creates a pvp entry point at the portal exit, which is currently not a sanctuary, and presumably not going to be made a sanctuary.

I have for many years travelled to kill Nalak and Oondasta for those elusive mounts. They are on a 11-15 minute timer and a 15 minute timer for respawn. They die within seconds on some realms. They do not always award loot to everyone in the party if a party member misses a tag.

Adding additional time to enjoy this experience is not good for me. And there are plenty of people that I know that make those journies each week.

If you made those bosses respawn within a minute, then coupled with the portals change, I would save time, and be happier.

I’m not saying that Orgrimmar doesn’t look ridiculous with 4000 portals in 8 different locations. What is wrong with replacing that with a drop down menu from a set of mages, and how does that possibly remotely relate to the removal of portals form other locations like Shrine/2 moons, in which the portals are neat, tidy, and have been properly laid out.

You are going to add more people to places like Org with this change, add more phasing, and make the game feel smaller, not bigger. I don’t need to use portals to Dalaran if I can’t portal on from there to where I want to go. I don’t need to equip an item to wait 30 seconds to use the item to get ported somewhere. I don’t want to buy an item on all of my characters to use a feature as a mechanism to bypass your silly change on the removal of how I used to travel in the first place… portals!

41 Likes

Amen. Preach it, brother.

If this is the hill people want to die on, let 'em I say. It’s pretty clear Blizzard has made up their mind on this one, and they made the right call.

4 Likes

so the tl;dr: we want to increase the time travel because it keeps you logged which is the main goal for our shareholders.

72 Likes