Rearranging and Removing Portals

I’m glad I stopped playing months ago, these changes made me decide to not come back after all. Thanks for making that decision easy for me, Blizzard.

1 Like

so you want a portal to every single zone that has a dungeon or raid so you can portal there then fly to the raid? why not just have a portal outside every single raid and dungeon. we’ll have the master of all portal rooms, throw in about 60 portals for convenience sake.

I wouldn’t put it past people to do that. Especially when I’d say 97% of the players DO NOT want this change and they are arguing for it. They just seem like a Blizzard puppet at that point. Can’t be posting on the same toon. If you do, you’d just look bad, right?

1 Like

Nope, and I’d thank you not to apply the slippery slope logical fallacy to me because that’s not what I said or support.

I want them to leave what exists alone. If they don’t want to put new portals in or take things to an extreme, fine. But don’t remove stuff for the sake of removing it.

5 Likes

Are you going for irony?
SUMMONING STONES.
Just used a few a couple days ago.

5 Likes

I suggested this in the 5k thread, instead of having multiple separate portals use portals with menu options like wormholes.

1 Like

Yeah, they have those lol. :smiley:

I don’t get it at all. I have never in my life known of a company that continued to make one decision after another that was so blatantly and completely hated by so much of it’s customer base. Like I said, they think they are the gods of the gaming world, and we will just put up with whatever they throw our way just to play their game.

4 Likes

Hey Blizzard. Old school player here. I consider myself a above average player, my PvP achievements and arena tabards prove that. I am in favor of these new portal changes. I agree that the new changes would make the entire world feel more alive and bigger. The only people are are complaining the filthy soccer mom casuals. Keep it up Blizzard, I love what you guys do.

-Souki

Perhaps if we just continue to shove this thread down their throats they’ll listen. Just kidding, I must be crazy!!

The one poster last night posted on at least four alts. So thats three posters here we can ignore.

1 Like

Is that a new insult I’ve never heard of before? Calling people “soccer moms?” It’s not very good.

2 Likes

I’m more inclined to believe that the largest part of the playerbase has no idea this is even happening because they don’t keep up with Wowhead or the PTR or pretty much anything. So come next week, the outcry of people suddenly realizing they’ve lost access to something they used extensively will increase.

2 Likes

Yeah, something makes me doubt you are either old school or above average. Considering the fact that you feel the need to insult everyone who doesn’t agree with you makes you look a lot more like a kid than any old school player.

1 Like

Why are the devs “just now” correcting Something that amounts to a non-issue? Lets look at final fantasy you can use large crystals to seamlessly and instantly move from place to place. All this does is pad out time played. You can lie to yourself @Kaivax (btw how long have you been a CM? You were radio silent until the yak was (unjustly) laid off) but you can’t lie to the people paying your checks. Removing portals is not Something the devs should be doing. The devs need to focus on class balance and design well before nerfing ease of travel.

1 Like

And thank you Blizzard…from a "filthy soccer mom casual "player who never, ever used it, for taking Master Loot out of the game.
Kudos!

1 Like

That seems to be what they want at this point.

The fact that another blue hasn’t waded in here because clearly their “justification” wasn’t good enough speaks volumes.

1 Like

Let’s negotiate, Blizzard. You can remove portals if you make flight paths instant.

7 Likes

its just another alt.

1 Like

100% agreed. I would be shocked if even 5% of the players step on the PTR or look at the PTR notes.