Realms Expectations for Season of Discovery

I’m against population restrictions philosophically, but I think its because of my internal bias.
I have only played mmos with pvp.
I was impatient in 06 as an mmo player(which means today im willing to wait ten years for a two percent payout)
pvp mmos are succesful long term because of something called…respex
I am rolling as the outnumbered faction on the most populous pvp server, as i always do
This time is gonna be especially spicy because d tier twitch celebes love this game right now
I’m recruiting for a horde pvp guild, and i Can’'t wait to be clipped by a streamer killing them with a 7 man grp v 20

the way to do it, is to add blod elves/draenei at the lvl 50 tier and also dwarf sham and tauren pally…only wat to stop folks at 60 complaining about perceived pve imbalance. Starting zones are already there.

Hello Devs, hopefully we can get an answer for this with the Launch of SOD i guess why u guys are not revealing server information , my question is more of when the servers do launch is there a way for us to see which server is west which one i east? I dont want to select a western server by accident and have really bad ping then have to log out and log in and be stuck in queue .
Would appreciate a response.

You just need to keep checking the realm status page and typically when you login, the system scans for the best realms within your area. but even before you create a char, click the “select new realm” tab. this should show all realms dedicated to Seasonal realms.

The realm status page? But i mean i dosent show me which is closer i can select the timezone .OK i see but there is no SOD yet . Thank you your the only one that actually gave me a response to how to check it properly as in game there is no way

SO the funny thing is for retail it does say in locale east or west but for classic it dosent so we have to ge tbased on time zone

We’ll all know soon enough.

Man I hope the PvE server gets a decent population. I absolutely suck at WoW PvP and have zero intertest in being ganked 24/7. It’s funny though, because I love Rust and it’s type of PvP.

Rumor suggest that there will be only one ( 1 ) PvE realms and its going to be located PST…

If so that is perfect for me. My carebear onesie is in the dryer as we speak!

Yea, but even if it’s located in your area, you may or may not have a desirable ping…

this is great. i’m super excited for discovery now that you are addressing my #1 concern, faction imbalance. i had quit classic after so much frustration in tbc and wrath. i wasnt going to play discovery at all until i saw this announcement.

:roll_eyes:

Well, you tried!

3 Likes

Will there be East Coast servers or are they just going to be all mountain time?

2 Likes

There are not enough serverssssss

2 Likes

Would like to know what servers are EST and PST or just all going to be MST?

except for penance which has both factions locked

This is a little frustrating as there is already over a half hour wait in just over an hour after launch for the only Normal realm posted. Some of us want to enjoy the experience without being constantly grieved by other players, yet have to wait endlessly to log into the single server posted for it? Just doesn’t seem to make much sense to me. I am not particularly a fan of my time being spent waiting at a log in screen. If this can be fixed please address quickly so that those of us who have been looking forward to this game type for a month do not have to wait endlessly to log in for 3 months.

2 Likes

Im trying to join PvE and there was a message saying alliance was blocked due to the faction discrepancy

so how long before we get a blue post addressing the lack of servers?

In a week when they have finally added more