Realms Expectations for Season of Discovery

This is the best idea ever.

Are there any plans to address the outstanding racials (human/gnome for PvE, orc/undead for PvP) that are a big contributor to the faction imbalance for both PvE and PvP? Faction-specific classes seem to be addressed by additional class changes, but I haven’t seen anything in particular about the racials themselves.

This does not seem to cover most OCE players’ concerns… Can you confirm an OCE PvP server?

3 Likes

that’s what the person i was replying to was saying

I wish players did this without dev involvement.

1 Like

Sorry if I misrepresented you, I’ve been replying to so many, and I have seen that argument from others.

So an interesting question popped into my head regarding streamers. Let’s say a streamer goes alliance and 1000-2000+ of their viewers follow them into that server on launch, does that mean that alliance would be locked until the horde side catches up? And if so, wouldn’t that mean that people who A) aren’t streaming or B) not viewers not going to be able to play the faction they want on that server?

2 Likes

Most players don’t want balance. They want EZ Mode.

2 Likes

Glad you are addressing the balance issue. Back in the day most realms were fairly balanced mainly due to server transfers weren’t as popular and not many saw server population statistics.

Also when on the main forum menu, when you click on the Blizzard Tracker icon to go to the most recent Blizzard post this one isn’t showing up in that list.

I’ve never seen major imbalances in the launch of a server. Usually happens after a small imbalance worsens over time. Even if a streamer brought a lot of viewers to say alliance they would also bring a lot to horde that want to kill the streamer’s character for clout.

1 Like

So what action is going to be taken when this forced balance comes undone with auto ANTI AFK methods? I would of also prefer racials to be stripped from all races - I think this would help people to not roll one side and tryhard the min max culture that erupted with classic.

Transportation - Alliance basically forced to go through mid20 - low 40 mobs to get to places like boats or BB. Horde has access to all these places by level 5… that has always annoyed me - no Alliance city has instant long distance transport access right outside. Ashenvale may be iconic due to WSG but its a stone throw for horde and a journey for Alliance. I think the harbor for SW may need to be put into the game - that would insta fix the issue.

Horde - racials, better transport, better zone access/flight points, less time wasting in general. Why roll alliance for SoD? Horde will have more advantages including level advantage due to zone placement. Why? Classic era has increased mob respawn which is going to led to this happening bc of people wanting mega servers. Alliance can try to instance grind but the reality is they will still have to waste time in SoD traveling and flying to SFK/BFD/Maybe RFK/SM GY.

I think PVP is a staple for Classic - but everyone knows everything about the game. Even if you put discoveries into the game you arent changing the core and thats where the imbalance jumps in. If you are willing to make a change to address this then commit and do meaningful changes - otherwise you will just flood the forums with posts about being locked out of playing.

People want the advantages - not the consequences. Take away the advantages and dont force the consequences. Maybe just a dream but I would like to see healthy PVP realms for both sides - no CF crap. Let people make their mark if they are able and get really connected to their character.

2 Likes

We been minmaxing since original Wrath. Imagine thinking that started with Classic.

I also think you are vastly overestimating the dominance of Alliance in end game content. Raiders know you cannot beat the alliance parses.

Thanks for the very open and sincere answer. Your posts on this thread are increasing my hopes that Blizzard will pull off an amazing SoD! I’m sure it is impossible to give all of the details currently (no matter how much people ask), but this attempt at balancing is all most of us have asked for for years. Cheers!

TO BLIZZARD TEAM: When you confirm the server lists for launch, can you confirm how many characters we can create per account and/or server? Will our characters created on any other versions like classic era, wrath, etc. count towards that number or will be separate?

I’d also be nice to know if we can get access to a guild bank in SoM too so I know how many bank alts I need to create.

2 Likes

Yeah this is stressful. I only play on PvP Realms (RP-PvP when available), and I only play Alliance. If by some chance I cannot, then you’re effectively blocking a player who has been around since the beginning of the game in 2004.

You are placing a lot of priority, time, and resources into ensuring a limited number of healthy servers, at the expense of alienating a handful (or more) of your player base. Maybe it’s time you remove the prehistoric server transfer and faction change fees and let players migrate freely, further aiding in server pop and faction balance. Those transfer fees are outdated at this point and do not seem to exist in harmony with your current server goals. It seems incongruous to be putting this much effort (and not a small amount of risk) into the functionality of server balance, when in fact allowing players the freedom to move and change factions freely may resolve for a large piece of the puzzle.

The name thing is only an issue if you don’t use TRP3, which most RPers do. The vast majority would prefer fewer servers with a higher population, especially considering there’s a decent chance (like with every classic release) that there’s an initial burst of players and then it drops off until the next content/expansion drop.

I genuinely would not like to have more than 3, maybe 4 servers tops. 2 was fine with HC, but they already announced at least one RP-PVP server, so we’re getting at least 3 servers.

Dude I had no idea that addon existed until just now. great find, thanks bud

Trp is one of the best ways to bring life to your character, and it doesnt even need to be used for rp. Just having a tag saying who you are, what you like to do, and what weird class you consider yourself is a wonderful tool for immersion.

Wherever you see people running around with trp is where the cool kids hang

1 Like

Ya’ll got any of them “Launch times” yet?

Scratches Neck aggressively