Realm Connections

Here’s the breakdown for Classic Era connected realms:

• Anathema, Arcanite Reaper, Bigglesworth, Blaumeux, Fairbanks, Kurinnaxx, Rattlegore, Smolderweb, Thunderfury, and Whitemane [PVP West]
  • Arugal, Felstriker, and Yojamba [OCE PVP]
  • Ashkandi, Mankrik, Pagle, Westfall, and Windseeker [PVE East]
  • Atiesh, Azuresong, Myzrael, and Old Blanchy [PVE West]
  • Benediction, Faerlina, Heartseeker, Incendius, and Netherwind [PVP East]
  • Earthfury, Herod, Kirtonos, Kromcrush, Skeram, Stalagg, Sulfuras, and Thalnos [PVP East]

Bloodsail Buccaneers [RP-PVE East], Grobbulus [RP-PVP West] and Remulos [OCE PVE] are not connected at all - either to each other or any other realm. Everyone gets tossed together in BGs just for that purpose.

PVP West aka the Whitemane cluster is the populous PVP cluster.
PVE East aka the Mankrik cluster is the populous PVE cluster.
Hope all that helps, Bon.

4 Likes

Yes it’s amazing!!! Roll either faction on Whitemane and see for yourself (: I haven’t tried a single race that didn’t have at least 3 people hanging around the starting zone and the Valley of Trials is paaaacked

1 Like

Important to note for any OCE PvE players that Remulos is not connected either.

1 Like

This is a lot of great info, thanks a bunch!

So for battlegrounds, it doesn’t matter what cluster you are on, you will see everyone?

Correct for BGs

1 Like

Also bon. If there are not alot of people on your cluster, check the shop it may allow free transfers to the popular one. It did for me anyway, from netherwind to whitemane.

That’s a handy-dandy tip. I’ll check that out too! Thanks!

They really need to connect all the North American Realms… Heartseeker is on the PvP East cluster, and there might be at most 20 people logged on at any given time (based on my limited experience logging in.)

1 Like

Can you free transfer from that server?

I’d loose my toon’s name.

1 Like

So there’s a free transfer but you don’t want to use it and want Blizz to merge more servers so you can keep your characters name?

They probably have it this way to keep latency consistent across the board.

There’s no real latency between East and West.

1 Like

There is a 50ms difference between connecting to the East-based servers and West-Based servers.

You’re not really gonna feel that.

Thank you! I apologize for my NA-centric posting. I have edited my post above and will include Remulos in the future.

Interestingly enough people said that could not be done in the past but Aggrend put some info out a Classic Era discord that says they seem to have conquered that mountain. Maybe we could resume asking for all PVP to be connected to each other in Era. Same with PVE. Reference is here (thanks again, Woddisc):

emphasis mine

2 Likes

Okay, old man.

Out of curiosity, I tested both servers. I’m in MI. I get about the same ping on East as I do West. Both under 50ms.

I live on the east coast and when connecting to a west coast server I get 75ms+. When connecting to an east coast server I get under 30ms. location is everything and America is a big place.

Latency was a bit less of a problem when batching was a thing but that was a long time ago.

Even without batching, most people will be completely unaffected by latency so long as it’s under 100ms. I play on Remulos (OCE) and have around 250 ms. There’s a slight delay that I can detect once in a while. However, I never arena, so it hasn’t hurted my gameplay.