Realm Connections -- September 2-3

I’m just glad I wasn’t planning on doing anything in game today

It’s back up

So, it’s back… but, has it being merged this time or not?

Looks like it has

Annnnnnnnd our lockout is completely gone, Thanks Blizzard for more or less crushing the CE push :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is so disheartening…

So our raid lockout isn’t working… but at least there are people are talking in trade chat.

I can’t log in to Moon Guard. Classic servers work fine though?

I was just pointing out that your database is still your server’s database, irrespective of sharding.

That said, while the NYSE runs billions of transactions per week, that amounts to merely hundreds of thousands per second. In addition, their traffic is easily partitioned by trading symbol. Blizzard’s inventory management - which includes not only auction house transactions, but also transactions every time a character loots or vendors something - likely has substantially higher transactions, and to permit trades within servers, is partitioned by server.

damn so i been trying to transfer a toon for 3 weeks now from Eredar to Ursin so i can play with buddies of mine… Ursin couldnt get there stuff fixed during that 3 weeks and now Eredar connections aren’t working? I’m hoping Ursin is fixed now but damn this is getting annoying…

I play on Sisters of Elune and Cenarion Circle and after this merger my latency has gone through the roof and my servers say high population. I can barely play the game now when I had no problem before. Is there going to be some sort of optimizing for this or will it always be this way?

I wish the devs the best of luck in whatever sysadmin nonsense they’re likely elbows-deep in untangling and about 20 cups of coffee or Red Bulls down. You can do it, guys.

1 Like

I can guarantee that the devs/server folk know about many of these issues and are spending many sleepless hours around the clock trying to figure some of these things. From my experience, when these sorts of things happen, IT is often running for 12-18 hours straight trying to figure out what’s going on.

I wish everyone the best of luck as they continue to work through all the challenges involved. It’s been years and tons of updates to the game since the last connections, I’m sure that has created some interesting moments.

I’m still looking forward to seeing Earthen Ring, hopefully, being connected in the coming weeks.

1 Like

#MergeEarthenRing Please don’t forget about us! It sucks to constantly be overlooked while trying to recruit for raid progression because we’re too low population. Even RP is almost extinct, and it’s an RP server. We stand only to benefit from this.

2 Likes

How come Cenarion Circle Realm is gone i have all my 120 LVL toons on that Realm and can’t play them this is crap.

1 Like

The connection can cause the realm selection screen to forget how many characters you have on a realm. (It will update again once you log into the realm.) The easiest thing to do is sort the realm list by name to find Cenarian Circle and then log in.

1 Like

Do you have any knowledge if Earthen Ring will be merged? It was not during the last round of mergers a few years ago, and the server is really struggling.

:four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

when will the server list be updated to show who is connected/ merged with the new connections happening?
im trying to see who all is merged/ connected with Perenolde.
i believe its Perenolde, Cairne, Cenarius & ?
think its 4 but dont know the 4th one.

It’s Perenolde, Cairne, Cenarius and Korgath.

1 Like

I already hate the Thaurissan/Frostmourne hook up. There’s just as few Horde players as there was before the link up. Why in god’s name wouldn’t you hook them up with Bart who needs the population more?