Realm Connections -- September 17-18

What does it mean when they list all of these connections? Are all of the realms being listed becoming merged realms to where we can trade and share guilds? Or are they all just being connected so the players simply share phases?

Share AH and guilds and that.

1 Like

Short answer is yes.

Can we get merged to EU already? So that the language tabs are still in place but so we can play with people across the pond?

1 Like

That would be amazing if possible. I know some people online I’d love to play with in WoW but they are over in the eu. Although I do have a eu WoW but It just hurts losing all my account/character progression

1 Like

Will those on these realms be faced with forced name changes if the server they are connecting with has a character with the same name? Or am I misunderstanding what a realm connection is?

No, how this works is everyone keeps their names, but other realms see your name as Veiled-Darrowmere. It’s just like CRZ but you can trade and join guilds from the realms that are joined to yours.

However, I do think once the realms are joined people[on joined realms] are no longer allowed to pick the same name as yours, but they can do it beforehand.

3 Likes

Any idea how many more realms are due to be merged?

that is not how it works at all . everyone still logs into their original realm , there is no sharing of realms . All this does is let people on teh connected realm join guilds , trade things and generally interact with members of teh connected realms as if they were on your server

1 Like

you wont get queues - nothing changes there , you log into your current realm
you will see no more people than you currently do because of CRZ ,
You WILL have more options to trade with people
you will have more guild options
you will have a far better economy

There is, realm ID’s get merged, which implies a database merger.

The multiple realm names on the realm list is cosmetic only, each connected server cluster shares the same realm ID, if you make a ingame script to fetch GUID information you can see this yourself.

Systems such as Guilds & Auction Houses are tied to the player servers so they wouldn’t work if they didn’t do this.

@Kaivax, can you atleast confirm that Argent Dawn is getting merged? I’ve tried to transfer a character there but it instantly fails with no error code. Ive been trying for 2 weeks now after already adding bliz balance.

Is there an exhaustive list somewhere of what realms are connected now?

No, but if you go to wowprogress realms/rank/us you can get a good idea of the realms. If it says connected, click on it and go through the guilds to see the original server.

1 Like

So, why are the 6 Zuluhed/Eonar connected realms (which are horde dominated) being connected to the 3 Skullcrusher realms, which are also horde dominated??? 17/20 top guilds are horde on Skullcrusher.

Other posts have complained about Alliance dominance. Why doesn’t Blizzard actually merge realms to balance things out? Am I missing something here?

2 Likes

Try this, its not 100% since they only seem to update the connections approx a week after they actually happen but it is otherwise accurate:

1 Like

Thanks.
Apparently I misunderstood what they were up to. Daggerspine seems to have added one new realm to the group. I thought it was a number of them being added.

Well snap.

I got the feeling all of BFA that Blizzard didn’t like small servers. I thought the nail in the coffin was the merge.

But apparently Blizzard hates us so much, they don’t want what guilds are around and active to actually get Cutting Edge.

Hey, will Blackhand/ Galakrond get a connection soon?

Andorhal, Scilla, Ursin, and Zuluhed already went through a merge within the last few weeks and had Eonar and Velen added for a total of 6 connected realms. Why is a second merge taking place to add 3 more to create a “super connection” of 9 realms?

After the last merge, my realm (Scilla) is registering as Medium pop during non-peak times like a Monday afternoon and High pop during higher traffic times. I originally specifically chose Scilla because it was Low pop and I didn’t want to deal with over-farming of quest objectives and queue times to log in. How will all these extra realms affect these factors?