Realm Connections -- September 17-18

I have a suggestion which could work.

If you were to bring somebody’s alt in from a different server, somebody you trust, they would be saved to your lockout. Then next week they could start the raid and you guys would zone in to that old raid lockout.

For example, if you found an Alliance alt on, say, Proudmoore, and had them join your raid (cross-realm) and get saved to your ID, they could start the raid next week and you guys could zone in, and get saved back to your raid ID.

There’s absolutely no reason that merging your server would wipe the raid ID of a character on Proudmoore. (In fact, it’s unthinkable.)

I’d offer myself, but don’t have any Alliance 120’s. (Although I’d be happy to offer this service for any Horde guilds worrying about this.)

Find a volunteer in a 12/12 Mythic guild that’s full clearing in 1 or 2 nights every week already. They would have no use for your lockout for their own purposes.

3 Likes

Blizzard is clearly here watching, they fixed the realm connection list above. Why should i expect them to actually fix the game. They KNOW there is a literal game breaking bug related to lockouts and connections, We submitted ticket after ticket last time scilla was connected. Now they are choosing to connect us again, with COMPLETE radio silence on the fact that it WILL break our lockout.

Fool me once, shame on you blizzard. Fool me twice, Shame on me.

1 Like

We already have such a work around, unfortunately it would take one or more of the limited raid days away so it is not ideal.

1 Like

Loving the Aman’Thul connection :smiley:

1 Like

If you were to bring somebody’s alt in from a different server, somebody you trust, they would be saved to your lockout. Then next week they could start the raid and you guys would zone in to that old raid lockout.

This would work fine, if Blizzard would do this connection on a tuesday. Being on a Thursday, we either completely skip 2 nights, and then start on thursday, Or we raid tueday and get completely locked to a instance that doesn’t exist.

Understood, unfortunately this has always been a thing.

I remember when they closed down the Phoenix datacenter during Siege of Orgrimmar and migrated all its servers (including my server, Hyjal) to the Los Angeles datacenter. That was also done on a Thursday and that also reset our raid ID.

2 Likes

I do appreciate that were you alliance you’d offer your assistance <3

1 Like

Did blizzard forget their own reset days? NA resets on tuesdays Blizzard, not Thursdays

They didn’t forget, they just don’t care.

1 Like

Wait, hang on a second. If it’s wiping your raid ID’s wouldn’t this still work?

1. Go in on Tue/Wed, raid, at the end save to an alt an another server.
  2. Thursday, alt starts up the raid.
  3. Since you guys have no raid ID anymore because it was wiped, zone in to that same raid?

Or is it resetting progress on your raid ID, but you’re still saved to a raid ID that’s 0/12 bosses killed?

1 Like

You know you’re an altoholic when you’ve had 1 or more realms in every connection :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Last time it still had us as saved to an 11 of 12 lockout but when we zoned in it prompted us to join a 0 of 12 lockout. So it basically we cannot start a new lockout or continue the one we had. We tried :frowning:

2 Likes

Yuck. Worst of both worlds. :frowning:

If it’s wiping your raid ID’s wouldn’t this still work?

The issue is, It doesnt wipe our lockout ID, We get locked to an instance that does not exist anymore, and blizzard claims to be unable to reset it.

2 Likes

Yeah it saves us to the broken one so we cant start a new one and we can’t get in our old one.

1 Like

I bet Limit could get their lockouts reset :slight_smile:

Or Method before the fall.

2 Likes

Quit Joshin around Foobear!

2 Likes

Windrunner is one of the original WOW servers, sad to see the population drop so much that they needed to merge us and again.

Keep in mind, you’re not being “merged” you just joining a group of servers with shared resources.