Realm Connections -- September 17-18

If they did that then you’d have a royal combination of unstable code and unstable DB… literally the worst thing they could do. There is no “good” time.

1 Like

I sure hope that Blizzard does realize connecting Scilla twice over the last month has completely killed a group of 20 hard working, family orientated, friends chance at pushing for something they would have never thought possible. We were LUCKY to save our lockout for nzoth last time connections happened mid week. We are going to try again, but at this point we lose half the week, when pre patch is nearly here.

1 Like

Hey also, just making sure, Ursin is still connected to Scilla right? Are de-connections a thing?

At least let me make some popcorn before putting on a circus!

1 Like

Okay this can stop now please, you’re going to throw us from dead realm to queue territory at this rate

3 Likes

This is the third time, two weeks in a row now, that another set of realms has been connected to Skywall - Drak’thul … why didn’t you guys add them yesterday?

1 Like

Top 20 guilds. 17 Alliance, 3 Horde. No mythic progression. Exodar is 1180 Alliance to 280 Horde players. We’re already 3:1 A:H ratio. Thanks.

4 Likes

Again, queues are not tied to the connection. They are tied to your ‘named’ realm. There shouldn’t be queues on connected realms.

Not really once a realm is connected it is basically is a merger of databases, 1 realm will host everything and every other realm basically servers as a redirect link to the host realm, theoretically Queues would be shared. BUT I don’t think queues will be an issue because the realms these days host nothing more than character data and the realm systems (think AH/guild stuff), all the open world and everything you interact with is hosted on a separate world server and there should be enough of those to spread the population out… if you get a queue from that it will likely affect the entire server locale and not just your individual realm.

2 Likes

Please dont merge, I phase to yall’s dead servers to farm rares lol

Population and server balance aside, Any word from Blizzard on how to avoid losing lockout mid week again, and how to NOT burn another week of progression when we have less than a month before pre patch. Would be cool to get some sort of response here!

3 Likes

So last time our servers merged Scilla/Zuluhed was down for 12+ hours any chance for some beta keys so I have something to do on the 17th?

3 Likes

Malfurion/Trollbane can’t catch a break, can we. :expressionless:

On a side note, you left out Moonrunner, Kaivax. :wink:

So let me get this straight, 2 weeks after merging Andorhal, Eonar, Velen, Scilla, and Zuluhed (you forgot Ursin) you are going to add in more servers? Not only that but you are going to again do it mid week and break the mythic raid lockouts for groups that are still actively playing your game. You guys really have lost touch with the player base… The only thing that would make it worse is if we all found out somehow that all of this was based solely on RNG. Find a fix for the lockouts or don’t merge until the prepatch… Punishing low pop (shows us a medium pop now with the 6 servers merged) for being low pop is not the way to fix the perceived problem, but you already know that.

3 Likes

Why fill the servers with happy players, when they can corral the few remaining players into giant, depressed stadiums? “Look guys, There are lots of you”

1 Like

Where is Moonrunner?lol

Probably the same place Ursin was lmfao

Seriously why connect us again?! I mean you already broke one raid week doing this on progression on N’zoth Mythic and you want to break it again?

I’m about to write another letter…

2 Likes

It would be nice to see some blue responding to the lockout question at hand.

So how about a reply on that lockout question…? It’s crunch time and guilds don’t want to spend time killing the first 11 bosses when they likely already raid limited hours every week.