Realm Connections -- September 17-18

The complaint is server time changed. Not server location, I think.

yeah but it happens because each cluster has to go off the timezone of the host server, there is only 5 pacific time zone servers in the Chicago data centre (namely Aerie Peak, Baelgun, Dark Iron, Kalecgos, Lightbringer) so the options are very limited and probably not practical, and thus blizzard will most likely connect those servers with other eastern servers.

In general (though not always) they seem to have moved east cost time realms to the pacific in the LA data centre and pacific time realms eastwards in the Chicago data centre.

1 Like

If we converted to region level realms and used managed populations via sharding and cross realm then time zone wouldn’t be an issue. We could just peg resets to regional time zones and as far as “peak” play time your peak would average out over a larger block.

That is to say all east coast players will generally play when all east coast players are on, PST to PST, and so on.

These divisions are arbitrary. If we can handle the processing of real time data via cross realm (which crosses multiple datacenters) we can surely connect the economies togather. Which is all connected realms are. They are the stitching of the economies of realms into a larger block. The Auction House stacking mechanism and community mechanism makes this totally doable to guilds and banks regionwide.

Arguing this in more detail in another thread: #ConnectAzeroth - The Final Realm Connection

1 Like

Please connect the brazillian realms! Or at least Azralon with Goldrinn please!

3 Likes

@blizzard The Realm BronzeBeard/Shandris Has One Mythic raid team ONE. There is no one to buy or sell to. There is no one to recruit to our guild, Please Connect us to another EST time server before all of us are forced to realm change due to the server being a ghost town. Thank you for your time. Save our souls. We be calling out a S.O.S.

Just more reasons to do megaservers by region. #ConnectAzeroth

Detailed Arguments Here: #ConnectAzeroth - The Final Realm Connection

2 Likes

Popping in for another note about Earthen Ring, hoping for realm connections. We were left out of the previous round and we miss having a fuller server! We would love more neighbors and meeting new friends.

1 Like

Just a reminder that those of us actually on Maelstrom don’t want any further merges.

Except for RP servers, Blizzard’s most successful servers are the highly unbalanced ones, like Sargeras, Illidan, and Area 52. Server balance on Normal servers may be a negative rather than a positive.

Just a reminder that those of us in guilds on Maelstrom that aren’t made up of 2 people and their alts want more merges.

We’ve wanted more merges for years and the two dead realms recently connected with us make nearly zero difference to the health of the cluster.

There was less than 400 people online last night at prime-time (8:00ish P.M.) across both factions. The server is dead, we need more merges.

EDIT:

Friday night, 7:27 P.M.

177 Alliance online.
251 Horde online.
428 total characters online.

25 of those characters are Druid bots inside of the Iron Docks. A few more are Druid bots in Gorgrond, waiting for their instance cap to reset or something. Less than 400 actual players online our FIVE server cluster at prime-time on a covid-19 Friday night.

Maelstrom is NOT fine, we need more merges.

3 Likes

At least you’re posting on your Maelstrom character, now.

Realistically, though, if you want mythic raiding, you’re going to have to bite the bullet and transfer to Sargeras or to Horde. Might as well do it now.

I post on two characters, this Warrior and my Classic Paladin. This isn’t even my BfA “main”, it’s just the character I choose to post on for BfA related issues most of the time.

You’re assuming my motives again even though I already told you I don’t have any interest in Mythic raiding. I want the server to be an MMORPG server again. It’s currently a dead realm and will only continue to lose players as it has for years, unless they fix it now.

P.S. It’s really telling that I saw you talking to yourself in trade chat on your Priest earlier because no one else was chatting. The server is dead, and you know it but you like that for some reason.

1 Like

And yet you’re constantly complaining about the lack of mythic raiding guilds.

When we actually got connected, a bunch of people from various realms involved with the connection expressed a preference for keeping the server small. Some from Ravenholdt were worried that the connection with Maelstrom et. al. would be too much. None were interested in becoming a higher population server than we now are.

Maelstrom and its connections aren’t losing players any faster than the game as a whole, and more connections aren’t going to change that.

1 Like

Stop being manipulative.

I used the number of Mythic raiding guilds as well as the number of Heroic raiding guilds relative to the number of guilds we had raiding in the past as an example of how far this realm has fallen.

400 people online, that’s more than enough evidence that we need more connections.

Constantly complaining, rofl. One post in my history about it.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this, finally someone else who gets it. And to Liana, that’s a different person, and I can switch to one of my 12 Maelstrom characters if you want, not sure what the difference is though…

Rising from the dead to ask for a realm connection for Earthen Ring. Please connect us, we’d really like some new friends to see on our server. Thank you!

1 Like

I really hope Scarlet Crusade and Feathermoon merges with another realm, had high hopes for seeing a new announcement this week but still nothing new. Feel like Earthen Ring would be a good choice.

Even though a lot of my friends are here I’ve been slowly moving my activities to other realms and convincing them to try and come with me. There’s less than 150 players on at a given time for the Horde, including the bots.

2 Likes

Not a chance thats happening.

Scarlet crusade has the following connection options: Moon Guard, Wyrmrest Accord, Shadow Council or Silver Hand

Why is there a line through this?

Earthen Ringer here, would be happy to have you guys as neighbors. :purple_heart:

3 Likes