Realm Connections -- August 4

During a scheduled maintenance period (currently planned for 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PDT on Tuesday, August 4), the following realm connections will be made:

• The Drak’thul and Skywall realms will join the Silvermoon and Mok’Nathal realms.
  • The Cairne and Perenolde realms will join the Cenarius realm.
  • The Grizzly Hills and Lothar realms will join the Malfurion and Trollbane realms.
  • The Ravenholdt and Twisting Nether realms will join Lightninghoof, Maelstrom, and The Venture Company.

We are planning more realm connections for low-population realms, and we will post further notifications like this one in the coming weeks.

Thank you!

24 Likes

Hey guys! If you’re an RPer over on Lh-Veco-Ms, come say hello to the RP community over on TNRH!

3 Likes

Can we please get more RP realm connections? Sisters of Elune and Cenarion Circle need new blood.

7 Likes

I hope they connect all the Brazilian servers someday…

4 Likes

Is there confirmation that realm connections are being considered for all regions?

1 Like

Garona when? Medium realms are being connected before actual low realms. Although, based on what people are saying in these threads, a lot of medium realms sound like they’re pretty dead, so imagine Garona.

Also, if these medium realms are considered low pop, why do they still show as medium in realm select? So the game doesn’t look too dead when you select a realm? Maybe values of what’s considered low should be adjusted once all the connections are done so we can see which realms are actually low pop?

I think Garona, Garrosh and Korgath are the three realms that always show as low pop.

1 Like

I know a bunch of ppl on TNRH ppl play with CC-SoE ppl (including me) and we were hoping for a connection. I hope u guys at least get something!

thats never going to happen… Sisters of Elune is a LA based server, Twisting nether is located in Chicago. Blizzard has never merged a server thats physically located in a different data centre.

Why are you pushing more people onto high population servers - connecting 4 servers with crappy mythic raid progress isn’t going to all of a sudden create a better environment.

7 Likes

I have a suggestion: how about your connect all the RP servers under three groups:

• Emerald Dream: Ravenholdt, Twisting Nether, Lightninghoof, Maelstrom, The Venture Company and Earthen Ring.

• Wyrmrest Accord: Blackwater Raiders, Cenarion Circle, Feathermoon, Sentinels, Silver Hand, The Scryers and Shadow Council

• Moon Guard: Farstriders, Kirin Tor, Scarlet Crusade, Sisters of Elune, Thorium Brotherhood, Argent Dawn and Steamwheedle Cartel

This would bring more RP communities together, give these smaller realms a better AH and greatly expand the name pool.

14 Likes

All you would do is create the need to have sharding all the time in cities with this.

lol, this should never be a reason to connect servers.

Anyway I vote no to your suggestion and I have characters on 4 of those servers.
You are mixing up time zones as well.

2 Likes

They already did that with the RP-PVP server connections and the name pool is “a reason” not “the reason.”

1 Like

you cant just separate servers that are already merged… when they merge a server they basically copy everything from 1 server blade to another and 1 of those servers gets decommissioned, besides that would be tearing guilds up and distrupt the already existing realm economies.

You also have to consider the realm locations, there not going to move a realm thats hosted in Los Angeles and merge that with an east cost hosted server, that would cause major uproar among people who specifically pick a west coast based server for better ping (imagine living in Japan and suddenly your home server gets moved to Chicago from LA, that would suck majorly)

4 Likes

I never said merge.

I don’t know what you and Korette are talking about.

Wyrmrest Accord, Blackwater Raiders, Cenarion Circle, Feathermoon, Sentinels, Silver Hand and The Scryers are Pacific. Shadow Council is Mountain (1 hour off.)

Moon Guard, Farstriders, Kirin Tor, Scarlet Crusade, Sisters of Elune and Thorium Brotherhood are Central. Argent Dawn and Steamwheedle are Eastern (again, 1 hour off.)

So I did take the time zones into account.

And besides all that, Blizzard is the one that’s connecting servers from all over the country. Did you both just miss that?

This is Eastern, Central and Pacific so yeah obviously they don’t think it’s a problem :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

No they’re not, they are all based in Chicago, and merged together on the “maelstrom” server… if you log into any of them you will notice that the in game time is central (and realm time is very arbitrary since it actually doesn’t say where the server is based)

you have to look at where the server that hosts the realm is physically located, not what it advertises as “realm time”

2 Likes

All that doesn’t matter when it comes to connections. Realms are now just log on portals. Zones are now cross realm and raids can be done with any realm.

Yes it does, there is a reason you won’t see anyone from Emerald dream in your moon guard shard… Because the servers are physically separated from each other. Sure you can join a group and hop over and im not counting that since modern technology allows it, but you then also get the latency to the other server when you hop over. Theres a reason why your latency sucks when you hop to oceanic servers. (assuming your not based in Australia)

Realm time is the metric that doesn’t matter when it comes to connecting servers as you so boldly mentioned… even right now Perenolde has mountain time, canarius has pacific time and there getting merged which means Perenolde will inherit Pacific time, but Both of these servers are located in Los Angeles and thats what matters.

1 Like

They’re not going to connect two realms that are physically based in two different datacenters.

1 Like

I really was hoping I wouldn’t be right, hopefully this isn’t it for us.

1 Like