Realm Choice

Hey everyone. I’m confused and don’t know where to go. I would like to play a Shaman, but idk where to go. Faerlina for Horde? Grob for Alli? Is that about right?

of course it depends on what you’re looking for, but I think Bene/Pagle for Ally, Whitemane/Faerlina/Mankrik for Horde seem like safe bets.

Grob seems to sort of be at that 60:40 point where it may go through some changes shortly, but who can predict the future.

Best of luck with your decisions!

1 Like

I’ve always appreciated your posts. I mostly looking for an active community with decent people. Idk what each realm is like though, so I figured I’d ask!

1 Like

Benediction alliance
Faerlina horde

Don’t play on a “normal” server like mankrik or Pagle. Just in my opinion.

You will encounter better players on PvP servers and now that they are 100% faction you don’t need to worry much about PvP.

1 Like

Why is this a common concensus?

Well, I know where I’d go :wink:

In my opinion, the only reason is that you cannot transfer from a Normal realm to a PVP realm.

Would be nice if more horde came to Windseeker.

The transfer rules… and I’ve played on both. Your experience from just playing the game and surrounding yourself with better people vastly improves.

Not that you need to be a try hard sweaty player by any means… but it’s really nice to have endless competent pugs and dungeon groups, which pvp servers are more likely to provide.

Not saying only bad players play PvE… but there is absolutely a difference in mindset and skill level of players.

1 Like

If you care about realm community go grob. For optimal endgame experience go benediction for Alli, or faerlina/whitemane for horde

1 Like

I’d suggest only going to a normal server if you have friends there playing. That’s what I’ve done this time around. Came back to classic and a couple friends were forming a guild on Mankrik so I decided to roll here. It’s a highly populated server, and I’ve been having fun with friends.

What they say about the server transfer rules are true, so it does vastly open your options in the future if you ever want to go to another realm. Perhaps you have friends playing on a different server as well that you find out in the future etc. You get the idea.

Personally if you’re going Horde I’d probably recommend Whitemane as the safest bet, and for Ally I’d suggest Benediction.

Grob is an excellent choice for horde as well. Grobb is the best realm atm for actual playing of World of Warcraft TBC Classic.

5 Likes

I wonder what brought this to mind!?

Just looked into this. Thanks for the heads up!

What do you mean by “the actual playing of WoW”?

When you try to make a new character on a server that says “full” it’ll give you a warning that the server is full, “Do you really want to select this server?”

Blizzard doesn’t know what full means, so you can go ahead and ignore that warning. You wouldn’t want to level to 70 and be on a dead server/faction by then, and be forced to choose between quitting, paying $25 to continue playing, or starting over. Make sure you have the surviving faction and select Yes.

We are 60/40 faction balance with both sides large enough to do well and get groups/raids.
Active wpvp, RP, cross faction events via discord.

Things you would not really see on Faerlina, as their alliance is just about gone at this point. But Faerlina is the safest choice by far if all you care about is a horde population.

It’s like the only server. All the rest of the servers are strictly for raid loggers.

3 Likes

Yah, I really wish I could move my Druid off Thunderfury to Grobb. TF was a high pop for a while, but now I barely see anyone in the world (at least the old world).

Do you have the link for the Grobb discord?

94akNhK
Should work

1 Like

We just moved our guild(s) to Grobb and find the community welcoming and supportive.

1 Like

I have an alliance character there so I don’t think it’ll let me switch unfortunately :confused:

If you’re ally don’t come to grobb. We’re trying to stay balanced. Go to bene. Only go Grobb for horde.

1 Like