[Hotfixed]Really?! Quests for Torn Page of "Fear and Flesh"

Edit: The drop count for Torn Page(s) of "Fear and Flesh" has been hotfixed so that if you clear more bonus objectives(more areas), you will get more pages per run. Depending on how many areas you clear.

This week, the quest given requires you to obtain 6x Torn Page of “Fear and Flesh” for the cloak upgrade to level 10.
At first, I did not think much of it beyond, okay, 2 more than last week.

The quest itself tells me that these pages can be obtained by doing Corrupted as well as Lost areas in the Horrific Vision(s).

So I thought, hey if I can do at least 3 bonus objectives in 1 vision, I can complete the quest in 2 runs. I hadn’t really tried before but this week I managed to complete all bonus objectives + kill Thrall in one go so naturally, I expected to be able to get 4 pages from that run alone(2 corrupted + 2 lost areas cleared = 4 pages).

But the thing is, this is not possible. You can only get a max of 2 pages per Vision, no matter how much of it you clear.
The quest itself does not mention this being the case. It only says that I can get the pages from clearing Corrupted or Lost areas within the Vision.

I thought the whole point with a system such as this one(the Visions) where you have a fairly limited amount you can do per week, that it should be very much rewarding if you manage to push further into them(clear more in one go).

Basically, if I clear 2 bonus objectives, I should get 2 pages from that run.
If I clear them all(4 bonus objectives), I should get 4 pages from that run.

At least this makes sense to me.

61 Likes

I have to agree it shouldn’t be capped at 2.

47 Likes

They’re more likely to change the quest text than make pages drop from lost area chests. Although some people claim they have gotten pages from other areas – whether its a bug or just extreme luck is to be determined.

You can get pages from both Corrupted areas as well as Lost areas.

But, you can only get a max of 2 pages per Vision. Independent on how many areas/bonus objectives you clear.

13 Likes

Oh I misunderstood the OP’s gripe then. But I did read a post yesterday of someone claiming they got their 4 pages for r9 last week, in a single run.

That’s good to know that it’s capped to max of 2 Pages per Vision.

I thought I heard someone said he was able to get 3 pages in 1 Vision run. I thought this is true when you complete Valley of Wisdom and Valley of Spirits with Killing Thrall. I failed on Valley of Spirits… completed it but not enough Sanity to kill Thrall. But I got awarded with 2 pages on such failed run. I thought if I killed Thrall too on that run, I would have 3 pages.

Anyway here’s my video of doing ‘Reconstructing Fear And Flesh’.

• 6 Torn Page of Fear And Flesh

Completed the following:
Valley of Spirits - Help Zekhan Save Orgrimmar’s Shaman
The Drag - Evacuate Garona and the Civilians
Grommash Hold - Kill Thrall

https: //youtu.be/gCceO1Wt8uU

It gave me 2 Pages per Vision run. So I did this 3 times to get my Rank 10 Cloak.

1 Like

I can’t speak for others ofc. But for me, I cleared ever bonus objective in my first run of this week(reset) but still only got 2 pages.

The other bonus chests were empty of said pages.

And yes, I killed Thrall at the end as well with about 1 bar worth of sanity left(no more orbs though).

1 Like

Wait, what? Well nice to know its capped at 2. Ive been pulling my hair out trying to do at least 3 areas and boss each run, didn’t even notice.

1 Like

From what I’m told it seems as if the requirements for what you have to clear in a vision will change for next week(to include a Lost area) but I haven’t checked any guides so I dno myself.

They have made some sense of effort altering the quest descriptions to be a tad more clear on what you need to do.

I would argue this isn’t enough. Considering the design of Visions being that you have a limited number of attempts/runs per week, if you manage to clear more bonus objectives in 1 single run then that should equal higher reward. Including the quest itself, not just mementos or such.

2 Likes

cap at 2 is dumb. Makes no reason to do full clear really.

8 Likes

Yes.

They capped it.

So I guess do the two things, then maximize farm chests/mailboxes whatever? I can’t even do two in the same run, yet, lols. I’m very close to the plus sanity for killing an elite one, which should help.

Yeah this is a bit of a silly thing on behalf of Blizzard. Not sure what they were doing with the restriction, it’s not like the closk isn’t already gated by week anyway so having you complete it in fewer runs wouldn’t be an issue and this feels odd how harder work isn’t really rewarded.

9 Likes

The main goal atm. as a raider, is to upgrade my cloak. I usually open chests etc that I come across.

But the problem is that even if you do manage to clear more than two bonus objectives, heck if you clear all of them, it should generate a higher reward, not just in terms of mementos or other. It doesn’t.

As of now, the main goal is to upgrade the cloak til max level.
Changing it so you can do it in fewer runs doesn’t affect how many weeks required until we’re done as we can only do 1 upgrade per week(at current max). But it would feel more rewarding with this change, in terms of the main goal of upgrading the cloak.
Why? You wouldn’t have to spend as many Vessels, which in turn means less time required doing assaults etc. for Coalescing Visions.

There is a bigger risk in trying to complete more bonus objectives in a single run ofc. That’s why managing to do so should equal a greater reward, including the main objective itself.

It does, a lot. Keep working on it!

Exactly.

3 Likes

It’s capped at 2, but I think it’s a series of things that led here that each individually make sense.

Here’s the rough timeline:

• When it launched, the pages only dropped from Corrupted Areas. Since there are only 2, obviously this naturally capped it at 2.
  • The quest description was not CLEAR that this was only Corrupted, so some people assumed any additional area, e.g. Lost Areas, also worked for the quest. They found disappointment.
  • Blizzard then made it so that Lost Areas could drop the quest item, since after all it’s harder than the Corrupted so you’ve kinda earned it, but if they simply added that as well as Lost, this would have doubled the speed for the quest after-the-fact.
  • Hence, by having it drop off Corrupted or Lost, but capped at 2 no matter what, they’ve kept the rate the same as it was when released, but it’s now more flexible in that you can push to do 1 Lost + 1 Corrupted or whatever when you’re in that in-between spot of how far you can push.

Obviously when you’re at the point of 3+ additional zones, full clears , masks etc., all of that is irrelevant, but the overall progression of events DOES make sense. They compensated for unclear quest text by providing some flexibility, but I think understandably kept the pace of completion the same. I wouldn’t mind if it took less Vessels, but it does make logical sense.

4 Likes

use laser beam trinket from mechagon quest/rep for elites, works well especially if crit

I get the idea behind this/these part(s) and how they have changed and improved it/them since release.

But since you’re restricted to 1 upgrade per week anyway, even if you need 1 more run per week to complete that quest for the upgrade, why would it matter if, for those that have come this far, can do it in 1 less run?

At this stage, this system is okay for anyone who haven’t yet managed to push through the majority of the vision in a single run. But for those that can do this, there’s little in terms of benefits for doing so. As far as it goes with the main objective.

And, if they were to change this, we would still be timegated/limited to 1 upgrade per week anyway. So there would be no big advantage/gap forming as a result of this change.

But it would give a sense of reward still as it would require less time to reach that weekly goal.

3 Likes

I’d think that if you get a chest from each area you clear, you should get a page in each of these chests (if you have not done the quest).

At some point, the developers of this game should have realized that their players are tired of these gates. But I guess not :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I get why we have the weekly time-gating for the upgrade.

But to also then force players to do a specific amount of horrific visions each week as a minimum if they want the upgrade…
And by that I mean that you can’t simply do more in 1 run to get more than 2 pages.

Technically it’s the same thing even if we were able to get more pages per run as there are only 4 bonus objectives to do in 1 vision. But there’s still a clear difference between that and what we have now which, at least to me, says a lot…

2 Likes

I’m not even bothering. Shadowlands is coming someday soon and the Cloak is pointless then. Why would I bother with a prohibitively grindy system designed to make me waste my time for a time-played Metric? Nope. I’m catching up on old games I never conquered like the Megaman X series, and MMOs like the Old Republic.

IMHO it’s the better call. I am not running the hamster wheel for Blizzard, when their designs are intentionally designed to be antagonistic and overly grindy simply for the sake of it. They can design smarter or I can go to another title till they do.

6 Pages for Rank 10?

Three? Sure. Arbitrary and stupid, but I’d do it. 2 seems a fairer number. But six? They must of been drunk when they signed off on that idea. As the previous poster said, I do get why we have the weekly time-gating for the upgrade. But to also then force players to do a specific amount of horrific visions each week as a minimum if they want the upgrade?

Not worth my time. I’ll do something else.

4 Likes

It is all about their time played metric. By forcing players to complete 3 runs this week, they are forcing the players to spend more time doing 8.3 content so they can get vessels. What they fail to see is the fact that if they made visions compelling to do, people will do the daily content on their own to get vessels.

I would love to spend time in the visions exploring the extras they’ve added, however, I can’t. I need to race through, get my pages 3 times this week, 4 times next week, and when you get to lvl 14/15 you’ll need to do 6 and then 9 runs.

This means you need to stock pile vessels as you get near those levels.

4 Likes