Really Blizz, really?

You handed out beta keys to streamers after having stated there was no ‘beta keys’ for shadowlands.

Just give us open beta for everyone like the ptr so we can all go and test it.

7 Likes

If you are going to grovel and beg, at least do so on your knees.

/tentacleflip

20 Likes

This one. I like this one.

On subject, I’m starting to think an open beta to get as much testing as possible might be necessary, considering how much about the state of beta I see on the beta forums. I see things about how stupidly buggy it is and how it’s in a very sloppy state. Imagine if they hadn’t delayed Shadowlands and we got a game that barely functions come the end of October!

4 Likes

9.0-9.1 would have been a paid beta test - 9.1 being the fixed release.

Lucifuge! Where have you been? We were worried.

1 Like

Where I always am, my bountiful bovine beauty. Inside your heart, with your permission of course.

5 Likes

Beta is a huge mess, you aren’t missing much.

1 Like

There aren’t actual keys. They just flip a switch on your account. They stopped using keys a while ago.

3 Likes

lol of course streamers get keys it’s good marketing

i was more hoping for mass open testing rather than a few keys handed to streamers to gift to whomever they want. You know, i want the game fixed.

And now they handed actual beta keys to streamers who dont need your acc info, they give youy a key, you enter it on your account.

There are NO beta KEYS

It’s all tied to account.

So weird…it is almost like with pre-patch imminent that backend changes to enable keys that allow access to SL could have been activated. But then it’s simply outside the realm of possibility that things might change.

I don’t know about the “keys” you are talking about but all the ones I’ve seen incidentally, admittedly not something I keep track of in any way, have been “Cool, I got your info. A Blizz CS agent will flag your account.” If they finally decided to pull the trigger on beta keys since scalping them would be next to f’ing pointless at this point I’d say it was a good call.

Yes there is.

They handed out actual beta keys.

When did they say they had no beta keys? I’m watching beta keys be given out left and right.

And open beta is bad. People don’t test or give constructive feedback. They just treat it like early access.

Why do you think the last lot of bata invites went out and these keys - because the testers are sick of testing content and they need fresh blood. Open it up, numbers testing can be done just by looking at data from people playing as early access.

Looks like the op was right. There were NO beta keys before Aug 19. Now they have a onetime use.

To OP. It doesn’t matter bro.

If you didn’t get in, then ensure you enabled beta opt in. Complaining about it is a little silly.

I respect your desire to play, OP. But unfortunately you just weren’t lucky enough to be chosen. It isn’t like the streamers got “keys” at the detriment of others; it’s just how Blizzard is giving them out. It could be reversed, no streamer get keys at all, and you still might not be invited/in beta. It’s all chance, and unfortunately some people aren’t lucky.

Honestly I’d just wait until PTR and relax before then. At least then you’ll get some of the Shadowlands stuff. And best of luck getting beta if they’re doing anymore invites.

ROFL… that’s the worst excuse I’ve ever heard. :rofl:

And there’s a bunch of beta giveaways going on, along with more keys being sent out randomly. So they are getting more people.

Probably not, as you’d just get too much data to really be able to do anything with it.

Nobody really uses wide-open betas to accumulate useful data (except, maybe, as stress testing). They use it to drum up hype.

That’s why all these AAA releases have an “open beta” the week before the game releases.

I don’t think WoW does open betas, does it? I can’t remember them ever doing any.

There’s many people already in beta. A few streamers getting invites is nothing to the thousands of others also invited. Open betas may not necessarily be a good thing. Aside from stress tests, there is such a thing as too many people and information overload. And not everyone would actually test and give feedback, it’d just be used as an early release of SL by people bored with BfA.

It’ll be fine! There’s tons of testers right now, even if you don’t get chosen. :slight_smile: