RDF with Ulduar patch (and sidenote of raid lockouts)

Hello, this is my first time posting on the forums since OG TBC/Wrath. Apologies if this is long winded. TLDR at the end.

I’ve been following the RDF discussions. I think an overwhelming amount of people can agree (many of their voices perhaps not present on the forums or social media) that it can take quite a long time to find groups or make replacements. Especially for small-med pop servers or non-peak hours. This has been clear by the trend to migrate to mega-servers, where the larger pool makes it easier/quicker to find groups for your content of choice.

We’ve enjoyed many QoL changes in classic, and having RDF come earlier than it did in original Wrath would only serve to help the health of the game. Especially for all the non-mega servers.

While I can see that RDF not being at launch is not as much an issue, as there will be a resurgence of players and interest for the first few months. I do think that RDF should be added at least in the Ulduar patch or at latest in the ToC patch.

To have RDF only added with ICC (as it originally was) would be quite unfortunate. Although back in OG wrath, ICC lasted 1 year before cata, which meant RDF was present for about half the expansion of wrath. WoW classic runs on an accelerated timeline, with raid patches lasting about 3-4 months.

If RDF only comes in ICC, it could only be potentially useful in wrath for about 3-4 months. (assuming we move on from wotlk classic to Cata or something else).

Many of us were anticipating RDF/LFD to be in wrath classic, and a lot of our excitement was for the convenience of being able to do the content you want, without spamming LFG in a city for hours. Wrath was a great time to enjoy time when most classes/specs are viable was a great expac for alts. RDF is a major QoL to be able to play and level those alts.

Also side note: While running 4 lockouts in ToC in OG wrath was tiresome, the ToC patch also probably lasted much longer than it will it wotlk classic. I understand the change, but it’s not the worst thing to have the 4 lockouts again considering in wotlk classic, ToC will only be probably 3 months or so, and was a short instance to begin with. (5 bosses, no trash).

WoW classic running on an accelerated patch cycles should be taken into consideration when thinking about QoL changes and conveniences. We have the same raid lockouts timing as OG classic, but the patch lifecycles are half the time or less (You don’t have 6 months+ to farm a raid tier, you won’t have 12 months ICC to get Shadowmourne to your melee players, etc.)

TLDR: Bring RDF with the Ulduar patch, having it with ICC will be too late. Also consider reverting the raid lockouts, burnout of ToC will be less an issue this time with shorter patch lifecycles.

4 Likes

With release!

7 Likes

Stop spamming the same post

if you read the other thread, i only created the 2nd one because the first one did not go through. I see now a few hours later the 2nd one came up. don’t be asinine.

1 Like

You should delete the other one then.

i hope by the time ToC comes out that they do change their mind as others have said would suck for a guild to try heroic only be able to kill say first 3 bosses and now they lose a weeks worth of loot from normal

ToC is a short raid no trash on average should take about hour or two to complete per difficulty

2 Likes

I mean I’m hoping it comes in with at lunch I don’t think that’s gonna happen but I can still hope.

But I would rather get it at face too than not get it at all

2 Likes

I literally cant wait for the Halloween event when Scarlet Monastery is a mad house.

WTS Summon to SM, 30g.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.