RDF Needs to Come Back

My point was that the polls you listed were in places that would be frequented by like minded individuals and as such are not reliable. I have zero idea what all Classic WoW players think and neither do you. I’m not dismissing anything, merely apply the pinch of salt as needed.

Believe as you will but I did resub because of no RDF, I find it incredibly toxic and do not enjoy the game play. I will also admit that fresh servers had a part to play in that as well. I hope you have a good one too. Cheers!

So…let me get this straight.

Only pro-RDF use wowlogs.
Only pro-RDF use youtube.

A pinch would be adding a margin of error. And yes, you’re fully dismissing them.

1. How is RDF group of 5 is any different from a group of 5 from the same server of 20,000? Do you really think there is “sense of community” on a mega server? LULZ
  2. If all of your experience is toxic, it seems like you’re the only common denominator.
6 Likes

And where is this magical feedback? Hmm? They never referenced ANY feedback from players who quit the game.

All of which still exist today, and will not end in Lich King?

Source?

him and 3 other random posters by alts with 3 posts across the entire forums.
That’s more reliable than the sh1tstorm blizzard got across every platform upon the no-RDF announcment!

cmon man! #logic

4 Likes

Not sure if you are being intentionally obtuse or not reading my posts but I’m saying the poll you posted from youtube was from a pro RDF content creator. There is no denying that. I’m not sure about wowlogs one way or the other. The only way to get a non biased poll on this would be to poll the entire player base.

As to the toxic part, ignore works even on large servers. If I black list you I can ensure I am no longer forced to play with you. This is my preference I believe MMO communities should be able to police themselves. You seem to disagree and thats ok.

Cheers.

Technically, that’s not correct, either. Plenty of players have multiple accounts, and I guarantee you that others would create other accounts to sway the votes in their favour, for or against.

And then when you join a group with that person already in it…?

We shouldn’t HAVE to.

I was looking for the feedback I sent when I cancelled my sub but can not seem to find it on my acct. Do you know where to find it and I’ll happily post it here. They ask why you left and I left a detailed explanation.

I’ve heard they are curtailing boosting so that good. I’m not concerned with GDKP in Wrath as I’ve found a community that avoids it and players that participate.

If you read my statement I said, “I would think…” I did not claim to know about anyone other than myself.

I have given up on dungeons completely and only PvP, farm and quest because looking for a dungeon group is such a fun experience.

4 Likes

huh? I’ve even went back to his Youtube channel to see his 1-3 year old content.
There is absolutely nothing to suggest that he is cultivating only pro-LFD sub base.

Pretty much every single big WoW-related youtuber is pro RDF.
So, yeah, you’re right.
Everyone who uses Youtube is probably going to be in favor of RDF.

Glad we got that sorted out.

Yeah, because I’d be only person to annoy you out of 20,000 on the realm.
And yeah, because you’re so totally gonna get me again out of 250,000 pool of players.

You do realize that you will still play with me when i’m on an alt? You’re a lot more likely to encounter my alt on the same server than see same person twice across realms.

4 Likes

They do ask this, but the point stands as to the fact that you have no idea why others quit, or why the resubbed.

Kinda like a community that uses RDF, and one that doesn’t?

This line is you speaking on others behalf.

You are correct, technically. Was just pointing out the error in the provided source. I do not claim to know one way or the other and only speak for myself.

If I join a group with a black listed player I’ll leave, no reason to make a show of it I just would prefer to play in a different group.

I’ve played MMO’s for longer than I care to admit and communities have always policed themselves for all but the most egregious acts in which case GM’s were consulted.

But you did claim that people resubbed because of no RDF.

Out of, let’s say, 10,000 players on your realm, you’re gonna remember somebody? I highly doubt it. Not to mention if they’re on an alt.

How has the WoW ‘community’ EVER policed itself?

4 Likes

I said:

Was in reference to the people “I would think” gave said feedback. Perhaps my wording was not concise but, to be clear, I could be the only one resubbing for no RDF.

You are correct, I would not remember but I do have an ignore list.

I played on Azgalore and Spirestone in Classic up to the end of Cata and those servers had websites with blacklists. In fact there was an area for guild leaders to leave or request feedback on players in order to prevent toxic player from guild hopping.

Which doesn’t include players’ alts.

Do you mean… Vanilla to Cataclysm? In today’s game, we have the option of changing our name (not an official feature… yet, but it can happen) and in Lich King, we can change pretty much everything about our character with ease. Blacklists won’t mean squat anymore.

Faking the moon landing was less complex. :wink:

I agree with you. If I group with an alt so be it, hopefully it will be a better experience. I still like being able to chose. We see this differently and that’s cool.

To my knowledge there is no name, faction, or race change announced. Have I missed something?

Name changes can happen without Blizzard charging money for it. It’s been this way since Classic was released.

I wasn’t referring to faction or race changes. I was referring to the barbershop changes.

how? What? Why?
It’s the same person. You don’t change your play style and attitude just because you swapped from hunter to a rogue. If you are a toxic player, you’re a toxic player.

Toxic players are the ones who have full ignore lists.

In 12 years of WoW, I’ve never had more than 10 people on ignore list at a time.
Half of my ignore lists today are from guild invite spams that I get during leveling.

Interesting. How exactly would one go about this? I know you can if you switch servers and the name is taken but that was all I was aware of. Thanks for the insight.

Oh gotcha.

Most common way… delete your character, have someone on another account create a character using that name, restore your character and you’ll be forced to pick a new name since yours is already taken.