Rbgs are at an all time low

At least for Alliance side.

You barely have any groups, most are between 1400-1600 rated or lower.

The few at 1700+ you get clowns like this 40k priest I just talked to from Stormrage at 1620cr demanding people that are 2100+ to carry him.

These people do this by buying rating boosts to get hero/gladiator then using that rating to “lead” a group on a 40khp character and get ACTUAL high rated players to carry them.

1 Like

Well yeah. The entire game is at an all time low.
Even Vanilla 17 years ago had higher numbers.

It helps to find communities that have active people and groups running.

3 Likes

Yea man and the people running these rbg groups with their toxic noob attitudes don’t realize they are killing the game even faster.

People at 1600cr demanding you are 1900+ to join so they can leech off your rating.

2 Likes

Ever considered… just starting your own pug?

Was bored today so decided to work on the “win 10 RBGs” Mage Tower requirement for one of my alts. Went from 0cr —> 1311cr just playing with randos over the past few hours, and got 7/10 progress towards the skin tint unlock. I’ll probably be done tomorrow.

You list your pug, invite some randos, and Q up :man_shrugging:

Yeap it’s ugly. Better to climb in 2s

There just isnt enough incentive to play rbgs sadly. With the mmr squish they did at the tail end of s1 to prevent boosting to 2.1k and gearing along the ride pushing raiting is a pain. For instance i played 7 rbgs on my war…i won 5/7 and we lost to a 2k team and a team our mmr. That only took me from 1650-1678 cr for 3 hrs of work. So its a bit of a time sink. Side note the mmr is so messed up now that the current cut off for HERO is ally=2217* Horde=2276*. and there is no cool mount or anything except for the tittle.

I still love rbgs and when my friends are online we form up a group and push on what ever we feel like. The biggest problem is tanks are hard to find. For rbgs there is only 2 tanks. Gdruid>>>V-DH. Thats it. everything else sucks. and even then Gdruid is just so much better then veng. So if you want the best chance to win all you do is sit around waiting for them.

In terms of making groups or joining groups. If you make the group take the time to learn some rbg strats, its not a random bg. Contest everything. If your joining and except to win then know the ROLE of your class. If you know the roll and you just dont have the gear people will notice and invite you to communities or hit you up for more rbgs.

In terms of ally vs horde i have toons on both. And its way easier to find a group on horde for rbgs then it is for alliance. Just more people to play with.

I try to always go into groups with a mentor/teaching mindset. Not everyone knows how to rbg well. Ive had people join in with a glad link and then not know why they couldnt stun the gdruid running sleepers lego for 30 sec and start yelling at people for DR’in stuns on the druid etc. (thats a highlight reel for sure). A lot of toxic people in wow now compared to the passed and maybe thats just life being harder for a lot of people.

just my 2cents for the conversation. Ty for the post about rbgs. it needs to be addressed and hopefully soon. Its a really fun part of the game that i wish more people did.

1 Like

Here I am half the time no tank or rogue uwu