RBG Carries Are Getting Ridiculous

I’m tired of queueing RBGs this season. I’d say about 20% of the matches I’ve played is versus a team deranking for a paid carry. Just ban these ppl FFS.

4 Likes

Isn’t that a good thing for you and your rating? Carries are happening everywhere, enjoy your free titles.

1 Like

Yeah man I really care about my RBG rating eyeroll

i feel like 6v6 solo q is the way to go for RBGs.

the current format is way too toxic and takes way 2 long to form and also all this shady crap.

it wouldnt be perfect, but it would be a nice “something to do” type of thing imo . i think this game needs more “stuff to do”

8 Likes

I will say I was kinda glad when I first saw this a couple of weeks back. It was my first RBG ever so I’ll take it. I did finally manage to get a legitimate win a couple of matches later.

So I kinda hope to get a few more at some point. I think if I hit 1000 is when I can upgrade? If not it will happen if it ever does. But I’ll take those wins.

Whenever I raise this matchmaking manipulation I’m consistently told it’s not a problem. On these forums everyone wants to say “it’s not that big of a deal” because they think it makes them sound like good players.

It’s bad system design, it’s dereliction of duty on the part of the PVP team to allow it to go on, and while it’s not the only problem with RBGs, I don’t want to jump through hoops to get a game only to have this crap occur.

RBGs could be an amazing addition to the game. But they’ve put zero work into it, and now the degenerates run the asylum.

No one seems to be able to sell this concept to me. What’s the big value in 6? You can quest until you have a full group? You’re still a raid group at 6. It doesn’t resolve “Driud Tanks Only.” It doesn’t resolve matchmaking manipulation. It doesn’t resolve groups falling apart immediately after a loss.

If anything, 6’s would mean less people you could reasonably gamble on taking.

1 Like

I literally queue RBGs to play a BG in a setting that is at least semi-competitive and fun.

Last night my first match was into a 2400mmr team, and that wasn’t semi-competitive we got smoked because we’re a 2k CR LFG Yolo…

2nd game we queued into the team I posted in the OP.

Third team we finally got a ‘real’ team that fought us. So it took about 25 minutes to finally play a real RBG match. Really fun man.

The titles I’ve had for awhile now?

Yup it’s really bad this season, worse than I’ve ever seen. Fresh shadowlands s2/s3 accounts that have hundreds of RBGs played only, usually with obnoxious accented character names.

Same issue in arenas as well, tons of prot/sub/x or prot/ww/x or just newly created booster accounts in general that you run into frequently if play around 1800 or 2100ish.

might as well delete every bracket then

Yeah if you cant take the concept of what I’m saying.

Yeah what’s up with that? Also with the letters god, x, or godx at the end too.

Are you saying if boost teams weren’t winning verse no voice yolo rbgs the bracket would be ‘better’

You can say I’m on that side, yes. My point is, you should be fighting people of comparable skill, assuming they’ve played, say, 20 games and the system can slot them correctly.

But my general 2 cents is that RBGs need a large amount of love.

They add accents to make them harder to look up on check-pvp, and possibly just to be annoying/obnoxious as possible since they assume those characters are disposable and will be banned.

It doesn’t make them harder to look up. You can copy/paste.

You can’t copy paste from in game without addons though.

2 Likes

Just click their name and whisper them, then hit enter and shift click their name, then hit ctrl+a → ctrl+c.

1 Like

ah yea that’s a good idea. Didn’t ever think of that. I just have a chat copy paste addon for discord links and just use it for plugging people into check pvp.

Like Moonwizarzx? Why does he have an “X” at the end of his name? What’s up with that?!

Look!
It’s Heckindoggo on the forums to complain.
Again.

3 Likes