Razer naga and Alt keymod Macros

i play both on windows and mac. when i play on my mac, i have constant issues with any Alt key macros. but only if i execute the macro with my naga.

For example; my naga mirrors my number bar. my hunter has the following macro on keyboard button = (so side button 12 on my naga)

#showtooltip
/petattack
/use [mod:alt]Chimaera Shot;Barbed Shot

When i press alt, as expected, icon for the macro changes to Chimera shot, but as soon as i touch the key on my naga, the icon changes back to barbed shot and Chimera shot is not cast.

if i press alt + = on the keyboard, works fine. (though what the point of that when you have the fancy mouse, right o_O

Any ideas as to whats going on here, anything i can change to make this work as im expecting?

2 Likes

Not sure if you fixed this, but my Razer Naga (admittedly an old version) only mirrors the NumPad on my Mac, not the number line. In other words, the keys it presses are only the number pad keys, so - and = are not part of it. Instead, I get - and +.

This may be part of it?

All I can think is that the alt doesn’t alt for the numpad keys but does for the number line keys.

i haven’t fixed this, and i dont think its a razer naga issue, or a wow issue sadly, im pretty sure ive run into a MacOS issue, meaning if i wanted to do this i would pretty much have to completely re-train my muscle memory to use a different key for my macros.

Is there a right alt and left alt? That might be an issue here.

reaching over to right alt for macros defeats the purpose, and i cant see where to shut off / disable the macos functionality. so that wouldnt help unfortunatly. :stuck_out_tongue:

What I mean is are you assigning right or left alt to the naga, and have you tested both?

Edit: I see what you’re saying now. Have you tried remapping those last few buttons to something else, perhaps ] or an unused letter?

I fixed mine by running the following in Terminal once:

defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix YES

Works with both the original naga and the newer naga trinity using Razer Synapse

9 Likes

WOW! I was looking for hours how to solve this… thank you so much!

Thank you so much, been having my alt macros act up a lot lately and this solved the problem.

Would you have any idea on how to fix it for a Roccat XTD. I tried what you suggested but it didn’t fix my issue.
Thanks.

I wonder if that’s the issue I’m having. I don’t have a numpad, just the number line and it seems I’m unable to use selfcast while targeting another player via the Roccat reassigned buttons. It works fine if I have myself targeted.

Heck yes brother. You’ve saved me from having a crisis.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.