Rating Requirement for S2 Discounted Pieces

So my question is—do rating requirements on S2 gear get dropped when they get discounted for that short period of time before the season ends?

What did they do this past season?

2 Likes

They dropped rating requirements when they did that last season.

1 Like

S1 had the rating dropped before S2 started so it’s a safe assumption they’ll do it again next time.

It’s not clear if the reason they did that was to compensate for fixing the points formula halfway through S1 or if it’s something they intend to do every season.

1 Like

Or the fact that season 1 was so short. S2wont be.

pve and pvp players about to hate eachother again.

Why is this a safe assumption? It’s not a safe assumption at all. They need to communicate whether they intend to handle discounts/ratings the same way going forward.

4 Likes

just take off the rating reqs now

who cares about gatekeeping a 15 year old game

3 Likes

the rating requirements were removed when S3 started back in tbc but it wasn’t discounted at 50% iirc. was discounted at ~25%

Hmmm I wonder what the discount will be this season? I know S1 was discounted 50%—I hope it’s 50% for this season too!!!

I’m sure they’ll do a discount for all S2 gear as well as remove the rating requirements at the end of the season just like they did with S1. No official confirmation though.

the 50% discount was only because s1 had issues and was cut early

dont expect the same thing with s2 gear

why wouldn’t the cost get reduced? isn’t that how it is in TBC? and 2 seasons previous moves to honour

like u think s2 will cost the same as s3 gear? or will s2 just cease being available for some reason

i thought the only one that becomes ‘unavailable’ is s1 gear during s4. S2 is on honour vendor. and s1 u can still get in exchange for t4 tokens in queldanas

How they did last season is nothing like original TBC. The discount was 50% or more and occurred before the season even ended. In contrast, in OG TBC the discount was very small (like 10 or 15%) and occurred only after the new season had commenced. Further, now that points reset each season, it’s important to know when the discount will be available.

There are reasons to believe how they did things in season one will not repeat, because they screwed up S1 points/rating so bad and because S1 was so short in comparison to the original S1. It may have also been a way to assuage some of the discontent about some of the honor grind and to boost participation going into S2. The upgrade from S1 to S2 is also small comparatively, so there is arguably less need to provide a steep discount. There are lots of reasons to think they may not repeat the same formula and timing of discounts going forward. It would be nice if they just communicated their intentions so people can plan and spend their points accordingly.

1 Like

I agree—I’m trying to plan how I want to spend everything but there is a bit of uncertainty regarding the discounts.

2 Likes

good points berwick
wow how do i keep my picture like this? it’s showing sombrero lmao

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.