Rated Solo Shuffle

I agree with your sentiment, but they also need to figure out some way to get more healers involved. As Bremmen noted, sometimes a healer will go 6-0 / 0-6 because it’s clear one healer is extremely bad. I was in a match yesterday where the Restoration Druid was mmr 2234 and the opposing Restoration Shaman was mmr 914. Obviously the Restoration Shaman got obliterated every match. This was even with my constant peeling as a Warlock (which I realized after the matches basically just prolonged the games lol). He didn’t even drop Spirit Link. Those types of glaring discrepancies need to be addressed, but I also acknowledge this was after sitting in queue for 31 minutes so I think the system was just trying to give people a game. It’s definitely a double-edged blade for Blizzard to figure out a solution to.

1 Like

I would 100% rather have closer MMR games than have faster Qs if the choice was given

1 Like

Ditto, I want to play against people who are least in the same neighborhood of skill. I honestly can’t learn anything meaningful against a 2000+ glad

3 Likes

Yeah I really need to reiterate that Blizzard needs to also create an algorithm regarding melee/caster/healer into each match up too. I just faced two Restoration Shaman, one Death Knight, one Demon Hunter, and one Monk in a Solo Shuffle queue as a Destruction Warlock. It’s simply NOT fun when you’re the only hard caster in a melee train. It’s also unfair to all party members. I went 3-3 but all matches I’m just kiting the melee train. That match specifically I’m just running around, killing totems, and trying to put in as much instant/cc damage as I can in the VERY small and infrequent windows of opporunity. It’s just not fun. I really do think Solo Shuffle needs to be melee/caster/healer[tank] on the first match so that it’s not a melee train vs caster or caster train vs single melee. It’s just not fun. In a coordinated team you can kind of discuss prior in coms how you’re going to handle the situations (or more specifically you’re team is created with a comp so it’s not so unsustainable), but in these Solo Shuffle queues, these match ups can be pretty toxic for a single player.

They need to seriously start handing out bans for people sabotaging games because they are getting focused on the other team and refusing to play. These and many of the problems described above are all problems people talked about and Blizzard assured us would be handled when it is not happening.

They need to seriously do something BEFORE the next patch. This is getting to be pretty bad NOW.

We’ve just posted an update on changes coming to improve Rated Solo Shuffle.

3 Likes

Awesome! Glad to see the points will be accreditted based off rounds on leaver matches. Thanks for accepting our feedback! Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with to resolve the healer sparsity issue.

2 Likes

Could bring back the Tank & 2 DPS rule.

Personally didn’t see much of an issue with it. Yes it’s not an ideal matchup but you know those games are going to be quick blasts.

Right now tanks act as a DPS which is a big issue if you queue with one as your team is just really far behind on throughput and burst.

2 Likes

Additionally the proposed changes disproportionately punish healers more so than DPS. If they get games with the “bad dps” and then someone leaves they’ve just lost rating without getting a chance to play on a arguably even playing field.

The same can be said as the DPS with the “bad healer” so it’s kind of a wash. Especially because you usually queue with the same healer for the first two matches, and lets say that healer now goes 0-2 and leaves, the two DPSers who were matched those two first games with the “bad healer” are screwed. So it’s kind of a wash.

My only concern would be someone losing rating because of getting paired with the “bad player” (usually me :P) and then they have no chance to make that rating back because someone leaves.

Effectively screwing over that person due to the RNG of who they got paired with in the first couple games.

Really like these changes but can we actually do something about MMR being totally unchanged if the person leaves? Watching people lose 150 rating and getting it back instantly because they still have high MMR is basically undoing the problem and making it better to actually leave games instead of taking losses.

1 Like

So tonight I’ve been queueing Solo Shuffle for about 5 hours. Each queue has been 31min+. I’ve gone 3-3 the first 3, with 0 CR gain because the healer on each team went 0-6 (first 2.5 hours). Next two matches I went 2-4 vs DK/DH/War/Rsham/Evoker heals (another 2 hours in queue + match) and lost about 50 rating. Now, I’m 57 minutes in queue waiting for next match. I understand why the healers aren’t queueing because they either get demolished or they are forced into struggle healing a Destruction warlock vs a melee train. It’s not fun for me. It’s not fun for them. Now I’m in queue for another hour waiting for someone to queue. Blizzard you need to fix this please. I really do think you need to allow melee/range/healer for each starting match so this type of nonsense is not present each match . You either need to make it so it’s caster/melee/healer each match or employ some type of algorithm to consider counters to each class so it’s not stacked against a single class. I’m so annoyed i’m an hour in queue and can’t play still.

1 Like

Gameplay sabotage needs to be added to the report dropdown for Solo Shuffle. Listening to some say they are not playing because they dont want you to have 6 wins is real sad.

3 Likes

Can I suggest that anyone who has over 100 left games have their rating reset.

3 Likes

I think this is too generous. Should be anyone with 15 leaves.

Everytime i go 5-0 someone leaves. I’m literally in queue again because the last match I went five and zero and someone left. These people need to have harder repercussions and I think it’s a good idea of what you recommended where after a certain threshold their entire rating is just reset. I think 100 is to gracious and I think it should be 15. It should be something very close to the point where it’s not accidental from random disconnects but rather obvious that it’s intentional. If for some reason people are getting disconnected due to weather issues it would be apparent that they could put in a ticket and have it reviewed and a game master can easily assess whether or not they are constantly leaving on the last match after going zero and six

1 Like

They also need to sneak that gameplay sabotage report dropdown into solo shuffle. Someone saying they are AFKing so you dont get wins is basically the same thing as leaving.

1 Like

I agree. That needs to be an easy accessible reportable action.

It’s also problematic where the game before last where I went 5-0, the healer was 4-0 and told us that he thinks he should throw the game so the other healer gets a win and won’t leave. This type of mentality is SO wrong. I’m hoping with the upcoming changes of mmr dropping along with winning games being accumulated that it may fix this type of ‘leaving for the sake of leaving’ but man I’m getting frustrated with this system. I go on hard win streaks for people to leave just to gain 0 cr for hours and then have to wait more hours to get a queue. It’s so frustrating. I like the idea of Solo Shuffle but Blizzard HAS to fix the logistics of this bracket.

1 Like

Ive literally discussed going onto someone else and hard swaping so they dont have time to leave the game during the last round. Kinda insane that blizzard got people playing this way.

Bro same! I literally have said in the last week of lobbies when I’m on a win streak “Okay, ‘x’ keeps dying, start him but swap someone else at end for kill so he doen’t leave.” like it’s so stupid that we’re trying SO hard to prevent leavers just for winning.

1 Like