Rated Solo Shuffle rant

So after I hit 1600 in RSS I proceeded to go on a losing streak dropping around 100, I figure no big deal and keep queing, I then spend the day going 3-3 and getting no rating which became mildly annoying. Eventually I go 4-2 and gain 9 rating (Progress I guess…) I then que into arms/ret/uh and go 0-6 losing 72 rating thus falling deeper into the mmr hell hole #feelsbadman

1 Like

You are losing to people the game says you should be beating…the law of averages play more games the system will put you at your skill level

sometimes you get bad games
don’t let the internet number keep you down
focus on playing correctly and carrying and you’ll climb, no problem
i believe in you

6 Likes

Yea I get that im just tilted at the fact that i spent a decent amount of time today trying to fix my rating then got set back even further lol

1 Like

This happened to me on a smaller scale. I was 1680 and played 2 different full rounds, went 3-3 and 4-2 and was 1677.

Kinda tilting that a lot of them were on glad mounts. They werent legit 1600 players.

1 Like

I appreciate that :heartpulse: only thing I can do is just that

2 Likes

The constant theme i see on the forums is people use 3-3 as a win. 3-3 is a loss

2 Likes

baby steps, as old as the saying is, rome wasn’t built in a day
just stop qing when you’re tilting, you can end up building/reinforcing bad habits or backstepping too far
if you find yourself breaking your own mental, just try to have the awareness to recognize it and step back for a bit
maybe find a vod of someone who plays your spec at a really high level if you’re finding you struggle into specific matchups and see what they’re doing to pull out the dub
you can even just log off and go play another game if wow has you spitting fire for existing
tears of the kingdom just dropped and im immensely enjoying myself
my dogs are always down for walkies too, so that can give you an opportunity to stretch your legs if you live in a place where it’s safe to take a stroll
maybe even some simple mixed calisthenics or cardio if you have the opportunities
hell, even just reading a book

just don’t let this game get you into a mindframe of looking at everyone impeding your progress, because then you won’t be able to focus and improve your own play
mental is 80% of grinding cr or any ladder system
never let yours break

1 Like

Sometimes it pays to take a break and come back a different day to queue up. The further you go down, the more likely your mood gets in a funk, further decreasing the results you want.

Did they get rid of the option to turn chat off? Not seeing it like I use to.

Yea im for sure done queing for the night and will probably try again in a day or two, appreciate the advice :two_hearts:

2 Likes

100 rating in RSS isn’t that much. Depending on your MMR and win/lose record. You can get up to 200-500 per 6/6.

Rule 1 of solo queue…know when to break, specifically when you’re ahead.

Like 20% of the challenge is gamifying the ladder so it works in your favor. People do it constantly. Whether it’s sitting at a rating, not queueing at a specific time of day, only queuing when your spec is strong, queuing when you’re full tier, etc.

It’s all actually weird when you take a step back and really look at it. But I suppose that’s part of the reason wow isn’t a legitimate esport.

I think they moved it, it’s under social settings now

1 Like

if you were not playing basically FOTM I would feel bad for you about ‘queueing’ into bad specs but…

What annoys me so freaking much is the number of games where the other DPS will say ‘go X’ and I go X and he’s on the healer then bounces to a different DPS then back no rhyme or reason just attacking random. I assume he’s doing some kind of swap (even though they would be full health ok whatever) so I swap too ‘oh ok I guess we’re swapping’. Then he’s back attacking randomly lol. I swear if you both sit on one target together as DPS and know your rotations you will get to 1800 and get your xmog and I never have to see you again

i just dropped from 1790 to 1500 :D. either its all wizard games evoker, destro, boomy, sp which they tunnel me the ret wait for bub and insta kill bc every healer is a priest. or if i happen to even win 3-3 everyone is 0 ranked and no rating change. i knew i should have waited until tues to push 1800+. now im so stubborn im drinking and im gonna tank this shiz to the ground

read my post that explains why you are losing

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/why-people-dont-play-healers/1587950/25